TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest RobJohnstone

Seperation of Church and State

Guest RobJohnstone

"Clinton DID do things, he was being... in wrestling terms... HELD DOWN by a government who didn't give a fuck about terrorism."

Right, I wonder how many people acually believe that.

--Rob

Guest Tyler McClelland
Jeez, enough filibustering Tyler. Who are you, Strom Thurmond?

It was the only way to send the whole article :)

They're on the archives, and it costs money to access them.

Guest Ace309

Counterpoint:

A year of searching for Bin Laden under the Bush administration hasn't accomplished anything either. They toppled the Taliban, but the Taliban is not equivalent to Al Quaida any more than the US Government is equivalent to the Montana Freemen sect.

Guest Powerplay
Obviously they did not accomplish much buddy, if anything at all. So you see, CLinton did nothing at all. Plus you cannot prove any of these "covert ops" happened.

--Rob

Nor can you say they DIDN'T happen. Absence of proof is not proof of absence. And in this case, there isn't even an absence of proof. That's the sad part.

And what did BUSH do to stop Bin Laden? I mean, really, he was implicated in the U.S.S. Cole bombing, so what did the BUSH administration do that was such a step up from Clinton? Before Sept 11, of course.

Guest RobJohnstone
Hey Rob, what would you have done if you were President after the embassy bombings?

I would have found out who did it which they did, and then send the mil;itary to take them out without going through UN sanctions and bullshit like that. Simple enough

--Rob

Guest RobJohnstone
Obviously they did not accomplish much buddy, if anything at all.  So you see, CLinton did nothing at all.  Plus you cannot prove any of these "covert ops" happened.  

--Rob

Nor can you say they DIDN'T happen. Absence of proof is not proof of absence. And in this case, there isn't even an absence of proof. That's the sad part.

And what did BUSH do to stop Bin Laden? I mean, really, he was implicated in the U.S.S. Cole bombing, so what did the BUSH administration do that was such a step up from Clinton? Before Sept 11, of course.

I do not care for Bush either.

--Rob

Guest Powerplay
"Clinton DID do things, he was being... in wrestling terms... HELD DOWN by a government who didn't give a fuck about terrorism."

--Rob

I have to wonder how many people actually believe you, as well.....

Guest Tyler McClelland
Hey Rob, what would you have done if you were President after the embassy bombings?

I would have found out who did it which they did, and then send the mil;itary to take them out without going through UN sanctions and bullshit like that. Simple enough

--Rob

Bahahahaha.

Just like Bush has identified the culprits of September 11th, sent in the military, and found and killed bin Laden?

Great plan, my friend! Where'd you think of that one?

Guest RobJohnstone

--Rob

I have to wonder how many people actually believe you, as well.....

not many. It is a fact the media sides to the left brother.

--Rob

Guest Ace309

I grow weary of my posts consistently being no-sold in this glorified flaming of one man who doesn't seem to grasp the concepts and consistently resorts to hiding behind 'opinion' and 'uncertainty.'

Guest RobJohnstone

--Rob

Bahahahaha.

Just like Bush has identified the culprits of September 11th, sent in the military, and found and killed bin Laden?

As stated before, I do not like Bush either. But he is 10x better than Clinton in every situation.

--Rob

Guest Ace309

Yes, there is a liberal bias in the media.

No, they don't just fabricate things.

If you're tempted to say they do, provide a cite. If you intend to rely on the "The liberal media covers their own tracks" conspiracy theory, save your energy. It will only make you look foolish (moreso).

Guest Powerplay

--Rob

Bahahahaha.

As stated before, I do not like Bush either. But he is 10x better than Clinton in every situation.

--Rob

Yes, we all know that Buchanan would do a better job. I'm sure he'd get them right after he banned the Theory of Evolution in schools.

--Rob

and now suppose you're a President who is in constant trouble over sexual affairs like Clinton was, and that you were a Democrat

"I would have found out who did it which they did, and then send the mil;itary to take them out"

Republican opposition: "HE'S DISTRACTING THE PUBLIC FROM OUR INVESTIGATIONS AND HIS SCANDALS! HE'S MAKING UP A THREAT!"

GOP opposition #2: "This is just like Wag the Dog"

"without going through UN sanctions and bullshit like that"

Republican opposition: "President Stone is risking lives to distract people from his personal troubles"

GOP opposition #2: "I hear Mrs. Stone is a lesbian"

Republican opposition: "I hear she screwed Vince Foster"

GOP opposition #3: "I bet Vince Foster was a transsexual and he was killed to conceal that"

Gee Rob.. now it's not so easy, eh? Especially if you take into account the attitude at the time

Guest Tyler McClelland

And that's your reply? It's gotta be the media? Just a few minutes ago, you were saying they didnt' cover it... and now, when you realize they did cover it, you go back and say it's THAT DAMN LIBERAL MEDIA?

Wow, you truly are a dumbass.

Guest RobJohnstone

If you're tempted to say they do, provide a cite. If you intend to rely on the "The liberal media covers their own tracks" conspiracy theory, save your energy. It will only make you look foolish (moreso).

You want a cite? Read Bernard Goldberg's book "biased"

--Rob

Guest Powerplay

--Rob

Do you have any specific quotes in the damn book? I don't have time to read it in one night, Rob.

Edit: Just as well, don't you realize the irony in the book already? You have a massively conservative book called "BIAS" written against the liberal media. There's no proof in that book that isn't tainted by the massive conservative bias.

Guest RobJohnstone

--Rob

Bahahahaha.

--Rob

Yes, we all know that Buchanan would do a better job. I'm sure he'd get them right after he banned the Theory of Evolution in schools.

If you ever read his books you ignorant idiot, you would realize buchanan is all about nation defense. Please read them before you comment.

--Rob

Speaking of Buchanan. I remember you making a few veiled anti-Catholic comments. (like "Catholicism is for people who like the pope" or jabber like that)

You do realize that Pat Buchanan is a staunch Catholic, don't you?

Guest RobJohnstone

--Rob

Do you have any specific quotes in the damn book? I don't have time to read it in one night, Rob.

I lent it out so I do not have it with me right now. Maybe I will get back over next weekend.

--Rob

Guest Powerplay
If you ever read his books you ignorant idiot, you would realize buchanan is all about nation defense. Please read them before you comment.

--Rob

This comment is made from the man who, confronted with massive amounts of proof from reliable sources, says "It's not true. It's propaganda." Thank you and good night.

Guest RobJohnstone
Speaking of Buchanan. I remember you making a few veiled anti-Catholic comments. (like "Catholicism is for people who like the pope" or jabber like that)

You do realize that Pat Buchanan is a staunch Catholic, don't you?

Yes. I promote him politically not religiously.

--Rob

Guest RobJohnstone

--Rob

Edit: Just as well, don't you realize the irony in the book already? You have a massively conservative book called "BIAS" written against the liberal media. There's no proof in that book that isn't tainted by the massive conservative bias.

I was written by a guy who was in the business for 20+ years. Come on.

--Rob

Guest Tyler McClelland

Oh, so he was in the business, which makes him less conservative. Come on.

Guest Kingpk

Few things:

1) The status of Osama bin Laden is very up in the air. He could have died at Tora Bora and was secretly buried. He could have escaped and is hiding out somewhere in the Middle East. Save for a sketchy audio tape, there really is no proof. But, IMO, it seems odd that we haven't seen a video of bin Laden taunting the US, since that would certainly make Bush look bad and really fire up the other terriorist groups, since they could say "All that military might toppling a weak country and the guy you are looking for is alive and well, ha ha ha."

2) Clinton launched some cruise missiles at some terrorist camps (one which hit the Chinese embassy in Sudan (I think), making them a little cheesed off). That seems like a half-assed "answer" to two embassies being destroyed.

3) I don't get the reasoning that "we shouldn't go after Saddam since he poses no threat" when Clinton authorized US forces to go to Bosnia to fight Slobodan Milosevic, a dictator which posed even LESS of a threat to the US, and no one seemed to mind.

Eh, my $.02.

Guest JMA

--Rob

I believe the book is called "Bias," not "Biased." And Bernie Goldberg can't even get the facts straight in his own book. Just look at how Al Frankin called him on it. Bernie looked like he was about to cry.

Guest JMA
I was written by a guy who was in the business for 20+ years. Come on.

--Rob

Does that mean you like Bill Press as well?