TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest art_vandelay

How will the Montreal crowd react to HBK?

Guest art_vandelay

While listening to last night's LAW, I heard the guys bring up an interesting idea that I don't think has surfaced on this board yet.

Shawn Michaels hasn't been on the active roster during a Canadian tour since November '97. How will the Canadian fans react to him 5 years later? Though Michaels is currently receiving tremendous pops in his current role as a strong babyface, I'd have to predict that the Montreal and Toronto crowds would not be as welcoming.

It will be interesting to see how the WWE handles the situation, especially with the much-rumoured Montreal finish planned for Hogan vs. Rock, and also after Shawn's revelation of him knowing about the incident the entire night. Do they keep Shawn off of the PPV and the following night's Raw like they've done with Hebner? Will he cut a promo addressing the screw-job in an attempt to regain the fans' respect with honesty? Will he take advantage of the heat by cutting a heel promo? How will his feud with Chris Jericho play out in the midst of all this?

What will they do? What should they do? Discuss.

Guest fosta

I don't know how much HBK is pulling in for them (I assume he's doing better than most), but I don't think that Vince would want to cut one of his major characters from a PPV. As well as HBK being a heel in Canada, Jericho will be a face, so I doubt that they will be stubborn enough to have Jericho wrestle heel and HBK wrestle face.

I heard that during the Rock-Hogan match at Wrestlemania(?)(sorry, bad at dates), Rock wrestled heel when Hogan was cheered by the fans. I think they will most likely do a similar thing here.

Maybe HBK will turn heel before the ppv? Or maybe I'm a moron and there aren't any RAW's before the ppv? I don't know, I watch RAW half-heartedly now.

Guest creativename

There's no need for HBK to be at NWO, so he won't be. If he is I expect one of the loudest chorus of boos I'll ever hear...replete with "You screwed Bret" etc. I don't think they'd be that stupid though.

HBK-Jericho is at Mania anyway, and they've already built it up some, so there's no need to rush it. HBK can skip NWO and that week's Raw without a problem.

Guest jester

What they'll do is not have him show up.

Chickenshits.

That's why the Jericho/HBK feud is being delayed. They'll cheer anybody who fights him.

Guest BionicRedneck

The Canadians will still hate him.

Not as much as they are gonna hate Vince, especially when he does the Montreal screwjob (again) in the Hogan/Rock match.

Guest Trivia247

well keep it in Mind McMahon does love to agitate the Montreal Crowd trying to keep that energy alive. McMahon comes out here and there and provokes the crowd... probably instigates Hepner to agitate the crowd between TV matches.

Shawn gets out there with his, I was just doingmy duty bit, and they will boo him like he was Ikeman for helping start the Holocaust.

Guest Downhome

Jericho/HBK will NOT happen at No Way Out, it's being saved for WrestleMania. At NWO, we'll see Jericho/Test.

Guest AndrewTS

HBK would be pelted with rotten fruit, batteries, and glass bottles if he showed his face in Montreal again.

Guest bob_barron

HBK is gonna be in Toronto the weekend of NWO so he'll prob be at RAW (noooo) but not NWO

Guest The Mighty Damaramu

Damn.....I wanna see HBK in Montreal. That's worth the 30 bucks alone.

well keep it in Mind McMahon does love to agitate the Montreal Crowd trying to keep that energy alive. McMahon comes out here and there and provokes the crowd... probably instigates Hepner to agitate the crowd between TV matches.

Like the time they played Bret's music for an Anthology commercial while Raw was in Montreal. And if I was Earl Hebner, I'd watch my back. I wouldn't doubt some overzealous fans trying to get some shots in on him.

Guest Choken One

They won't care. Yeah, If they are smart they will have grown up and realize that it was THAT big of a deal...

*****Opens the floodgates****

Guest pappajacks

WWE won't be dumb enough to allow HBK in Montreal. For HBK's safety, it would be best if he remains home...unless the WWE wants to spend $$$ on extra security.

Guest The Electrifyer

I hope they do have HBK appears at No Way Out. The crowds reaction will be one for the ages if he appears.

Guest Choken One

What we're gonna see and hear

HBK Music Hits...MASS CHORUS OF BOOS!

HBK dances and gets pelted by batteries and large obese Canadian women...

J.R: These fans here in Montreal, Are Showing their respect for the legendary HBK!

Guest The Mighty Damaramu

Yeah I can see it now.

J.R.: HBK is loved all over the world! Look at these people give there love for HBK! I want to have your baby!

*fans throw moltov cocktails at the ring*

Guest Space_Cowboy

I wish he would show up at No Way Out, just to hear the crowd boo the absolute shit out of him, while he's giving some promo about Jesus or whatever, all the time JR harping on about how it's a "mixed crowd" like he does every time a face gets booed.

Guest AndrewTS

The crowd would count the sniper shots.

*POW!*

"ONE!"

*POW!*

"TWOOOOOOOOOO!!" ....

Guest Choken One

Ya know this would be the PEERFECT time to have that long awaited HHH/HBK rematch ya know...

He'll probably get the same reaction he got FIFTEEN years ago when he kicked his partner and threw him through some glass.

Seriously, if he does show up, I am ready to hear Mr. Religion say his first naughty word.

Guest Steviekick

If it's gonna be Jeff Hardy vs. Shawn at NWO, there goes Jeff's heel push. Not only will the villainous Hardy be cheered, but fans there will forgive his many screwups since they hate HBK too much.

Maybe they could protect HBK's face ness and build up Jericho more by having Jericho/Hardy vs. HBK/RVD, with Jericho getting the cheating pin on HBK. That way the Montrealiens would go apeshit in a goodway for seeing a fellow Canadian beating HBK, with the announcing playing that aspect up. But Y2J would still be a heel since he did cheet to win. But that makes him a face in my book. I think I will stop now.

Guest jester
J.R: These fans here in Montreal, Are Showing their respect for the legendary HBK!

French Canadian women are actually quite hot. And very adventurous.

It's a law there or something.

Guest saturnmark4life

I can't believe he'd even dare go to Canada, let alone Montreal. Vince is an idiot, but he wouldn't, would he? Unless he was planning a screwjob on shawn...