TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest oldschoolwrestling

Nathan Jones:

Guest oldschoolwrestling

In a very interesting interview with Phil Speer on WWE.com, Nathan Jones talks in-depth about his past in prison, including the crimes he committed to get there (armed robbery), and incidents involving him going at it with prison guards. He also discusses the stories about how he could rip a jail cell door off its hinges (true) and break handcuffs (not true).

Even more interesting than that is Jones explanation of the "mammary gland", story, in which he states it was just a painful gland he developed during puberty that was removed, and that it did not produce milk, despite stories to the contrary.

Jones also states that he has never taken steroids, and that he only claimed to have done so in an attempt to get a lighter sentence in jail, feeling he could blame some of his actions on "roid rage" which he learned about through doing research.

credit 1wrestling.com

Guest TheArchiteck

Hmmmm....surprise he didn't try to avoid those stories. It's possible he's roid free.

Guest Jobber of the Week

I call shenanigans on the steroids, but I could believe the nipple thing.

Guest creativename
*cough*BULLSHIT*cough*DAMAGECONTROL*cough*

Perhaps, but he certainly appears to have said it in a believable context.

Of course, if this is bullshit, then I suppose that's the genius of it...best lies have a grain of truth and what not...still, I'm inclined to believe this.

Guest Lord of The Curry

This Jones character, in the words of Gollum is "wicked, tricky, false." No 'roids my Irish Ass.

Guest Anglesault
It's possible he's roid free.

And it's possible that I'm the Queen of England.

Guest BoboBrazil

All wrestlers deny that they take steroids even though 95% of the wrestlers in WWE do.

Guest saturnmark4life
It's possible he's roid free.

And it's possible that I'm the Queen of England.

That I can believe, Ma'am.

Guest razazteca

yeah and Nathan Jones got Bull Bucannon fired because they look like clones.

/sarcasm

Guest Choken One

At least unlike H3, He provided an realistic counterclaim to the roid speculation...

Guest buffybeast

Hmm, it's very possible the WWE public relations team came up with those excuses on roids to keep unflattering attention away from Jones and the company. Things like this happen all the time in the entertainment industry. Of course he could be telling the truth. *coughbullshitcough*

Guest Jobber of the Week
All wrestlers deny that they take steroids even though 95% of the wrestlers in WWE do.

I don't think the percentage is THAT high.

I kinda take Foley's comment myself, that if a guy looks so good that he can't be real, he probably isn't. I'd just say that Jones falls into that category.

Guest Slapnuts00

Of course he doesn't take steroids says WWE.COM, NO ONE IN THE WWE WOULD EVER TAKE STEROIDS!!!!!!!!

I believe him on the mammory gland thing though, that sounded a little too freaky.

Anybody who hasn't should go to wwe.com and read the interview it's short but you get the idea that this guy is a maniac. He tells stories of ripping sell doors, starting riots and being subdued with gas and seemes to laugh throughout the interview.

Guest saturnmark4life

I can't make my mind up about this guy. He's supposedly horrible in the ring, but good on the stick, and seems chilled out and intelligent yet has the past of a complete fucking lunatic. I can't see where the gimmick ends and he starts. Still, he'll last longer than Hall.

Guest FeArHaVoC

I just figured out who Nathan Jones reminds me of.

Big, Not too good, a little goofy, Not to Smart and a little crazy.

We have Sid Jr. on our hands.

Guest Youth N Asia

If you believe what Dynamite Kid said in his book, more then half the WWF roster in the mid 80s was on the juice. I wouldn't be suprised if it was like that again. Wrestling is no longer trying to pass itself off a legit sport and the steroid crazy has really died down since then.

Kayfeb died the second they exposed it...they screwed themselves by making the business so open, and now it's not as fun as it use to be.

I hope Jones is better then when I saw him about a year ago...impressive looking guy, but the absolute shits in the ring.

Guest Michael Joel Benoit

I find Nathan Jone's claims of not taking steroids a little hard to believe seeing as the interview was on WWE.Com and I still think the WWE doesn't want people to know that some of their wrestlers take steroids even though some do *COUGHHGHCOUGH*!

Didn't The Rock have surgery in 1999 to remove his mamary gland and that is why he wore a shirt when he wrestled for the first three months of 1999?

Guest saturnmark4life

rock had his pecs enhanced. That's why they appear so firm, and square. He had a tit job.

Guest oldschoolwrestling

This is from an old ask411 column:

Q: Your wrestling knowledge is boundless. I have

three questions that have always been bugging me.

1.) What was the deal w/ The Rock wearing a shirt before and for sometime

afterwards the 1999 Royal Rumble ? I had heard a rumor he had gotten surgery

done and he had some nasty looking scars.

A1: Uh, maybe not boundless - in fact, oddly, most of my answers are just

lucky guesses. The Rock had surgery for what is called Gynecomastia. It is

a condition that is often called bitch-tits. Causes of this are medical

side effects, Tumors, genetic disorders, castration (yikes!) and, the most

likely candidate, steroid abuse. You decide the cause in Rock's case, I'm

going with castration case. While the scars were healing he wore the

baseball shirt.

Guest saturnmark4life

Yeah, A lot of samoan wrestlers, as you may have noticed, have bitch-tits. So while it was a medical reason, I still like telling people the rock had a tit job.

Guest buffybeast

It was. His pecs looked sloppy and flabby when he first entered the WWF. Now they look rock hard.

Guest Michael Joel Benoit

Well that anwsers my questions. It was just something that bugged me back in '99. How he always wore the $500 shirts without buttoning it when not wrestling and wore his warm-up gear when wrestling (except for wearing a Rock T-Shirt when he fought Foley on Halftime Heat). The annoucers never brought it up and Rock never mentioned it in his book (though I don't think anyone would mention THAT). Back then when I was a mark, I made my own theory that The Rock viewed all his matches before Wrestlemania, which is when he went back to the tights, as pratice or warm-up matches so he wore his warm-up sweats to wrestle in.

Guest Youth N Asia
I thought it was cause of his man tit flab

Yeah. Samoans get a tough break.

But their heritage pretty much gets them a WWF job...so the balance in the force is restored.