TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest RepoMan

Worst Moments as a fan

Guest RepoMan

Mine are:

Scott Norwood wide right in SB XXV

Bills get killed by Dallas in SB XXVII on my birthday

That stupid little shit pulls in a home run for the Yankess against the O's in the 1996 ALCS and gets treated like a hero by idiots New Yorkers for cheating.

Flyers blow a 3-1 series lead against NJ in the 2000 Eastern Finals.

Guest the pinjockey
Flyers blow a 3-1 series lead against NJ in the 2000 Eastern Finals.

I don't know what you are talking about. I have been a Flyers fan my whole life and I have no recollection of the 2000 season taking place.

Guest treble charged

There's WAY too many to mention.

Pretty much anytime the Leafs get eliminated in the playoffs, I get depressed. Especially when it's against someone they SHOULD beat, like last year against Carolina.

Guest alkeiper

1996 NLCS, Game 7. Ozzie Smith's final game. The Braves score 10 in the first inning.

'94 Baseball Strike

Guest Kahran Ramsus

I agree with the 1994 baseball strike. I loved MLB before then, but it just killed my interest dead, as well as the interest in the sport in this country as a whole. I still like baseball, but can't stand MLB most of the time.

Guest bob_barron
1996 NLCS, Game 7. Ozzie Smith's final game. The Braves score 10 in the first inning.

'94 Baseball Strike

That game was AWESOME- I was so happy the Braves were able to come back

Knicks trading Patrick Ewing caused me to renounce my love for the team.

I still cry watching footage of the 1994 Cup Finals.

Livian Hernandez and his unlimited strike zone can suck my dick.

Guest MillenniumMan831

The Browns commit 3X3. They lost to Pittsburgh 3 times this year all by 3 points, including blowing a substancial lead in the Wild Card game. ARGHHHHH!!!

Although, it didn't mean anything in the long run (other than Cleveland would've gone to play NYJ in the playoffs), Dwayne Rudd's helmet toss in Week One made me sick to my stomach. For a franchise who needs every last win they can muster up, to lose a game like that makes you want to weep.

Guest Sassquatch

Seeing the Los Angeles Raiders get the tar kicked out of them in the 1990 AFC Championship game by the Buffalo Bills.

It was a total slaughter and it ate me up inside.

Guest Kingpk

1986 Series, game 6

Superbowl XX

Every fucking baseball season since 1918

Ray Bourque becomes an Avalanche

BUCKY FUCKING DENT!

Rick Pitino's regime with the Green

Want me to go on?

Guest D'Lo White

Kenny Rogers walking in the winning run against the Braves in Game 6 of the 1999 NLCS. The Mets showed incredible heart to come back in that game and lost on a walk.

Patrick Ewing missing a finger roll as time expired against the Pacers and eliminating the Knicks from the playoffs.

Any time Armando Benitez comes into a game.

Shawn Estes missing the chance to drill Roger Clemens.

Guest Lethargic

Mine hasn't happened yet. It'll happen this spring when the friggin Lakers end up winning the title again after sucking all year and giving me hope that they wouldn't.

Guest alkeiper
Every fucking baseball season since 1918

What about 1967? Sure they lost the Series, but it went 7 games, and they lost to Bob Gibson, so they could hold their heads up high. And they won one of the greatest pennant races ever, thanks to an insane two week run from Carl Yastrzemski.

Guest alkeiper

Rick Ankiel. A 20 year old kid struggling in the playoffs trying to find the plate. You have to feel for him, and I hope he succeeds yet.

Guest bob_barron
Kenny Rogers walking in the winning run against the Braves in Game 6 of the 1999 NLCS. The Mets showed incredible heart to come back in that game and lost on a walk.

Patrick Ewing missing a finger roll as time expired against the Pacers and eliminating the Knicks from the playoffs.

Any time Armando Benitez comes into a game.

Shawn Estes missing the chance to drill Roger Clemens.

Man-

I was screaming so loudly when Rogers did that- I was so happy we didn't have to go to a Game 7.

The next day I got the shit kicked out of me for going up to my friend all day and saying:

Here's the pitch by Rogers...AND HE WALKED HIM! THE BRAVES WIN!

It was all worth it.

Guest the pinjockey

What was the Devil Rays' name Tony Saunders? The guy breaks his arm, completes the rehab then in his first minor league start it breaks again IIRC.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

Jeffrey Meier

I hate that kid (hes older now) with a passion, and if I ever ran in to him, I think Id have to punch him in the face.

Guest snuffbox

GB Packers lose Superbowl 32 to the Broncos, lose this years wild card game to Atl on Lambeau field.

The many many injustices and tragedies of boxing.

Guest Youth N Asia

Chris Webber calling that damn time out.

Claude Lemieux giving Kris Draper the biggest cheap shot of all time...although it was made a little easier when McCarty beat him down in the next regular season game.

Guest phoenixrising

Biggest one - in 1998, UCLA is 10-0 and #1 in the nation. Last week of the season is a replay against Miami (cancelled earlie due to hurricanes). Despite seemingly forgetting how to tackle, UCLA starts a drive down 49-45 as time runs down. Fourth down, Cade McNown's pass is juuuuust over Brad Melsby's fingertips in the end zone. Something I'll never forget.

Robert Horry's game winner in Game 4 of the Western Conference finals last year. If Horry doesn't make that shot, the Kings are up 3-1, and have two of the next three at home. That damned shot kept the Kings from being champions.

Seattle winning 116 games...and then rolling over for the Yankees in the ALCS.

Jacksonville winning 15 games in 1999...and managing to lose three against the same team (Tennessee), including the AFC Championship game.

Detroit winning their final seven games in 1995, having one of the best offenses of all time (Mitchell throwing for 4,000 yards, Sanders with 1,500 running yards, Moore setting the record for receptions and Perriman racking up 100 as well)...and then being killed by Philly, who had Rodney Peete starting at QB.

Yeah...I've known my share. I swear I'm cursed.

Its hard for me to acknowledge being a Jazz fan, but Game 6 '98 NBA Finals, MJ scores, steals, (pushes off) scores. I am slowly getting over it since that will not now be the last highlight shown of him. Perhaps seeing him & Russell in the same uni's makes it a little easier too.

MaGahee's injury gets an honorable mention since Will Allen went to my high school and the room of 10 cheered his hit and then went deathly silent after the replay was showed.

Guest Vern Gagne

1975 can't be considered a bad year for Boston fans. You went 7 games with the Big Red Machine.

Fucky Marv Levy for settling for a 47 yard FG with a mediocre kicker.

Duke-Kentucky. I hated Duke and Laettner.

Indiana-Syracuse. In Big 10 country you either loved or hated Bobby Knight.

Houston-Los Angeles. It was such a shock when Showtime got knocked off.

Walt Weiss's play in Game 3 of '99 NLDS vs Houston.

Mets win World Series in '86

Harvard beating Minnesota in Minnesota for the National Championship. How is that even possible.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Andrew Golota had Riddick "chump" Bowe beat like a dog TWICE, and got DQ'd for low blows both times.

Roy Jones Jr. getting a bullshit DQ for tagging a guy that was taking a knee. The ref didn't even step in. To this day, it's the only loss on Jones' record, but he avenged it by beating the holy hell out of that tomato can in the rematch. 1st round KO.

Muhammad Ali's last few fights. We all know what became of that.

The Jacksonville/Miami farce which was Marino's last game.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff
Robert Horry's game winner in Game 4 of the Western Conference finals last year. If Horry doesn't make that shot, the Kings are up 3-1, and have two of the next three at home. That damned shot kept the Kings from being champions.

Seattle winning 116 games...and then rolling over for the Yankees in the ALCS.

Jacksonville winning 15 games in 1999...and managing to lose three against the same team (Tennessee), including the AFC Championship game.

Yeah...I've known my share. I swear I'm cursed.

I feel for ya, man. It's because of Horry's shot, that I got into a fight with my cousin(his dad married into Horry's family) because that fucker wouldn't stop talking about it.

The 2000 Orange Bowl where Alabama losing in overtime to Michigan. I was fucking devestated because that was probably one of the better Tide games I'd ever seen up til they blew it.

That kid catching the fly ball in the 96 ALCS. I'm not a Boston fan, but I'm a diehard Yankee hater and that bit of bullshit had me seeing red for weeks.

Pussy Ass Chickenshit taking his ball and running like a bitch to Texas A&M without acting like a man and saying he was. I don't give aflying fuck what anyone else says, Francione is fucking coward and I'll be happy if we ever play them and kick his ass.

Christian Laettner's last second shot against Kentucky. I fucking hate Duke.

Guest oldschoolwrestling

Jeremy Giambi forgetting how to slide in the divisional series against the Yankees 2 years ago.

Kirk Gibson's limp home run against Dennis Eckersley in the 88 world series. A swing in game 1 changed the whole world series.

Guest treble charged

The things that always get me are, looking back, how close a team can be to something great, and just one bad shot, period, etc. can screw it up.

Case in point, the Leafs 2001 playoffs. First round, they utterly destroy Ottawa, sweeping them in 4 straight, and win the first game of round 2 in New Jersey. Game 2, they play a HORRIBLE 2nd period, yet in the 3rd, Mats Sundin leads them back and they tie it up and send it into overtime, only to lose. They end up losing the series in 7. NOW, if it's not for that bad 2nd period in game 2, the Leafs have a 2-0 lead going home and, providing they win the other 2 games that they did, win the series in 6, going into the Conference finals against Pittsburgh (who New Jersey pretty much slaughtered, leading me to believe that the Leafs would have had an easy time with them, as well). Now, I don't know if they would have been able to beat the Avalanche in the Cup finals, but anything can happen in a best of 7 series.

SOOOO close, yet so far.