TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Hitman Returns

Best Horsemen Version

Guest The Hitman Returns

With the Evolution stable now in place (The new Horsemen), what was your favorite line up? Mine would have to be Flair, Arn, Lugar and Tully. I see where many of you absolutely hate Lex, but in my opinion he kicked ass as a horsemen. I would love to see him come back and kick Batista's tattooed ass and claim his place in the new group. I really like Flair, HHH, and Orton but Dave's gotta go. I always thought that Savage would have made a great horseman as well.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

I agree with you. Version 2 was the one that controlled all the titles and truly lived up to the Horseman named. The only other group that even comes close is Flair, Tully, Arn & Windham, even though I quite enjoyed the Flair, Arn, Benoit & Pillman group.

I definitely do not want to see Luger come back though. Even though he used to be good, he hasn't been since 1991. It would be as bad as bringing back Hogan, Nash, Hall, HBK, Steiner, etc. They might as well bring back Warrior again too. After all, if it worked in the past, it has to work now. Right?

Guest MaxPower27

Fleh, I liked the Original Horsemen. When I got around to watching the tapes (when I worked for RFVideo :angry: ) I was a mark for Tully. Arn and Ole were cool, and Flair is Flair. I always hated Luger, and was indifferent to Windham.

Guest Tim Cooke

The Original was the best.

The Windham version was the best Wrestling combo.

But the NWA in 1986 with the Original Four was the height of that territory.

Tim

Ithink the version with Luger was the best one as far as the most dominating. However, i think the most unpredictable exciting group was the version with Pillman and Benoit. They were great

My personal favorite was the one with Flair, Anderson, Pillman, and Benoit. Too bad that short-lived. I also liked the one with Flair, Arn, Tully, and Luger, as well as the original version.

Guest nl5xsk1

It's funny that there's so much love for the Original group now ... the last time that there was a "Best version" thread, I voted for the original, and there was a bunch of people mocking my choosing a group that included Ole. (he's just a guilty pleasure of mine).

My second choice would be Flair, Tully, Arn, and Windham.

The later groupings just didn't do as much for me.

Guest Midnight Express83

I can't really pick a pair from 1986 through 1988. I loved the 1988 version because of the saying:

"When we walk through an airport and someone yells 'HEY CHAMP!', we ALL turn around"-Arn Anderson.

1986: Had the beatdowns, the promos, and best of all, beating the living crap out of Dusty was a weekly thing.

1987: Superpowers vs Horsemen was a great fued. Even though it was the same Dusty vs Flair fued that was going on since 1981.

Guest converge241

Version 2 no contest

although im a sucker for the Sid Vicious period too..i loved the Skyscrapers