TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mattdotcom

What Will WWE Do...

Guest Mattdotcom

Given that Scott Steiner's babyface push is continuing, will the WWE Home Video Department edit out his negative reaction when they release the Royal Rumble on video and DVD? I, for one, wouldn't put it past them. Of course, the direction they're heading, we'll probably get the entire homoerotic build-up as extras...

Guest Youth N Asia

I doubt it...if they didn't edit the Rock getting booed at Mania then this is a much lesser thing...it'll just go down as another boring HHH match

Guest AndrewTS

Eh...they make some stupid edits--I don't know why they make Edge's theme changed to his old E+C theme on the DVDs, Ric Flair's to his 1992 theme, the NEW WORLD ORDER theme at Backlash (don't they own the friggin' rights to it?!), and stuff like that.

However, I haven't seen crowd reactions changed. By the time the DVDs come out, it's kinda a moot point to try to change the past. If they are showing it on TV, though, they may edit stuff like that.

I'd say pad out the DVD with good matches from SD (they added the Fatal Four Way #1 contendership match from SD on the Armageddon DVD). Although we'll probably get the entire Torrie/Dawn/Al saga recapped instead.

Guest Showstoppa Icon
Eh...they make some stupid edits--I don't know why they make Edge's theme changed to his old E+C theme on the DVDs, Ric Flair's to his 1992 theme, the NEW WORLD ORDER theme at Backlash (don't they own the friggin' rights to it?!), and stuff like that.

wtf? i just went back and watched my Backlash 2002 dvd, why would they do that. I could see Edge, being Rob Zombie did the song, but they OWN the rights to the NWO theme.

Guest AndrewTS

wtf? i just went back and watched my Backlash 2002 dvd, why would they do that. I could see Edge, being Rob Zombie did the song, but they OWN the rights to the NWO theme.

Yeah--instead of the nWo theme we got some shitty generic theme for Scott Hall when he and Ass-Pac came to the ring.

Oddly, Hogan had Voodoo Chile.

Oh, but Taker didn't have Rollin--he had another generic replacement theme.

Too bad both the Hogan and Taker matches were long and horribly shitty.

Guest Showstoppa Icon

Yeah--instead of the nWo theme we got some shitty generic theme for Scott Hall when he and Ass-Pac came to the ring.

its actually the same NWO theme they put in WMX8 the videogame, and it looked awful when flair came out, the crowd reaction wasnt in synch with the music

Guest Showstoppa Icon

nah they gave taker his old limp bizkit music in the game, idk, what can i say, wwe is fucked up, they cut music they own, and put in music they dont. Its best not to think about it.

Guest bob_barron

I don't think they own the rights if they don't put the music in.

It all comes down to Vince not wanting to pay a fee. I don't blame him since I think it's a waste of money.

They only edit out seriously fucked up spots (see Jericho- summerslam 2001) but do leave crowd reactions in tacts.

Guest Sturgis

I was watching No Mercy '02 DVD and Edge looks really dumb getting overly excited to his old theme.

Guest bob_barron

I know- They play his old theme on most DVDs since he got the new music.

Poor bugger

When I bought Rumble '02 and found it all edited music wise I was pissed.

I absolutely hate it when they do that. It cheapens the effect. I feel like I'm watching a cheap copy made by some lazy bum.

Guest bob_barron

Them editing out Cocky was criminal.

CRIMINAL!!

They don't edit out stuff on X-8 or any of the other Wrestlemania DVDs.

CRIMINAL!!

During the video package it was this generic music, but Austin's "what" was still in there so it made no sense.

Guest Just call me Dan

Damn. I was actually going back to buy a lot of these old DVD's mentioned. I'm trying to acquire all of the big 5 PPVs since 2000 on DVD, but with this bullshit going on, I may just not even buy it. If they can't open up the pocketbook and give me the real thing, fuck them.

Does Edge have his new theme in the Wrestlemania X8 Dics? I own it, but haven't really gone back to watch it. Surely they didn't fuck with Wrestlemania.

Guest bob_barron

I don't have a problem with it- it's just entrance music- the matches are still intact.

Why should Vince spend all this money for rights and stuff when it all it does is decrease profits?

The only time it pissed me off was on RR02.

They do not change the music for X-8 at all.

Guest AndrewTS
I was watching No Mercy '02 DVD and Edge looks really dumb getting overly excited to his old theme.

Precisely--that, and the seizure-inducing entrance.

However, once you see the MOTY and the horrendously-overrated HIAC, I'd sell it. That's what I did when I got the DVD. :P

CRIMINAL!!

I don't even remember what PPV that was...but THANK GOD!! Kid Rock is shit.

Guest AndrewTS
I don't think they own the rights if they don't put the music in.

It all comes down to Vince not wanting to pay a fee. I don't blame him since I think it's a waste of money.

They only edit out seriously fucked up spots (see Jericho- summerslam 2001) but do leave crowd reactions in tacts.

Vince should own the nWo theme--I don't see why he wouldn't.

Also, they not only left the No Mercy 2002 Chrises vs. Bookdust match intact (when the ropes broke on the Lionsault), but they also had the audacity to leave the Kane/HHH match and video package in there!!

Okay, okay, I kid--but the rope-breaking Lionsault was left in.

Good Lord...I'd think they'd want to hack up the Steiner/HHH match to remove the blown spots and most of the Belly to Belly Suplexes, and after that, who cares about the booing? :P

CRIMINAL!!

I don't even remember what PPV that was...but THANK GOD!! Kid Rock is shit.

It's only criminal because the video packages are rediculous set to generic music. Especially since Austin said "what" along with the song and it fit when "Cocky" was playing

This was Royal Rumble 2002.

Guest bob_barron

They kinda couldn't edit the rope break out though.

I watch No Mercy all the time- I LOVE the I-C title history promo on there

Guest AndrewTS
They kinda couldn't edit the rope break out though.

I watch No Mercy all the time- I LOVE the I-C title history promo on there

Yeah--I saw that on there too, but I don't really need to be constantly reminded of another reason I hate HHH.

Pat Patterson looked heartbroken about the whole thing.

Guest The Hollywood Fashion Plate

The RAW X intro video (set to 'Bawitdaba') was changed to just generic music in the UK, which makes me feel sorry for all those British smarks who read all of us talking about how great a video package it was...

Guest NoSelfWorth

Take a wild guess as to who is on the cover of the UK version of the 2003 Rumble Video/DVD.

It's a big picture, and he's the only person on the cover. No one else is on it at all. Did you guess yet ?

Guest kane3212321

Errrrrr RVD that glory hog, he should at least stop hogging the spotlight long enough to let an up and coming HHHeel make the cover of one video. :blink:

Another little match editing, on the Unforgiven 2002 DVD, in the 8 man tag match they edited out Bubba nearly breaking Lance Storm's neck, it was kind of ridiculous I mean it really wasn't that "exposing" or anything, he just dropped the man.

Guest bob_barron

Yea- they edit out fuck ups.

Who gives a fuck if Triple H is on the cover of the video??

That's just nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking

Guest JHawk

That really does annoy me, but don't forget one thing:

ANYTIME THEY WANT TO USE FOOTAGE WITH THE SCRATCH WWF LOGO THEY HAVE TO BLUR THE GODDAMNED THING!

Sorry for yelling, but that honestly bothers me more than the music (except with the video packages. If you can't use the music, don't use the video package).