TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Atlas

Promo: How much holiness do you bring?

We fade in on an off-black view, where nothing can be seen. Then, as if from far behind and above, we hear a loud click, and see a theater spotlight shine down onto the canvas. There is a lone stool in the spotlight's center accompanied by its shadow. The camera starts to pan up to a view from a higher angle, allowing the perimiter of the spotlight to become more easily defined. Far in the distance, you can hear faint footsteps, with a consistent beat to them. A voice, the kind that reads a poem, seems to be coming from the same direction...

I deny your wretched lifestyle,

Who am I to fool myself?

A distant cry of help from others,

A child's brain, a world of greed.

It's all around you, can't you see?

Are you blind to the like of me?

By now, the camera has panned up to an overhead view of the bright spotlight. We see the speaker come into view, and sit down on the stool. He appears to be holding an object, which in a few moments starts to resemble a guitar. He quietly starts to pick the strings, and once again, picks up where he left off in the song...

Clergymen, I see through your charade,

Speaking all your brainless lies, you're all the same.

Mister preacher, tell me what is right?

Send the double figures son, you'll see the light.

He starts to strum the strings lightly now, and the camera pans around the scene, almost matrix-style. His face is not seen, due to shoulder length hair covering it and the apparent deep white tone of his facial skin...

Look into the distant future,

Will they have a tax on nature?

How much more will still remain?

They actually call themselves humane.

I deny all you see,

I don't have to believe.

I don't need a belief.

With each revolution around that the camera makes around the man, it comes lower and lower; more perpendicular to his face every time...

It's god's way, says your horrid wife,

Embezzling, indulging.

I believe your nose is growing,

Extorting, not reporting.

Your pockets are overflowing.

Tell us one more thing,

How much holiness do you bring?

I see right through you.

Soon they all will too.

On the last note, the camera stops its motions, and fixes upon the unseen face of the man. As the note fades away, the view zooms close and closer. Suddenly, he snaps his hair back, and fixes his gaze upon the camera. Looking straight forward, into the eyes of viewers everywhere, he wears a white mask, concealing his identity from the world. With one thump of a heart, in small blurry letters, a name flashes in the corner...

sean atlas

Fade out.

Guest Powerplay

I really like this. It's obvious that you are inspired by Sean O'Haire, but you do a few things differently. You focus more on how religion is false and bad rather than just being ammoral. I think you, like Crowe, are going to suffer a little from the stigma of being similar to a WWE character, but I think like Crowe that you will easily be able to differentiate yourself and fall into your own little niche. BTW, the rhymes were very good, and the presentation (The song) was great.

The thing is, I had this character down before O'haire started doing his gimmick. I was planning to use it in the RP fed I joined before, but that never got off the ground. Once I found this one, WWE started running the O'haire promos, and I didn't want to change. I'm surprised it even took this long for anyone to mention it. Thank you though.

Oh, and the rhymes aren't really mine. They're from a little known song called "I Deny" by Atheist.

Guest Powerplay

Ah. Sorry, then on both counts :unsure:. But still, it doesn't detract from the promo.

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins
I think you, like Crowe, are going to suffer a little from the stigma of being similar to a WWE character

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Guest Powerplay
I think you, like Crowe, are going to suffer a little from the stigma of being similar to a WWE character

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Raven? He is a lot like him, but we've also seen how he's different.

Edit: A lot different, but we didn't know that at the beginning, did we?

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins

Raven? He is a lot like him, but we've also seen how he's different.

Edit: A lot different, but we didn't know that at the beginning, did we?

VOOM!

Right over the head of J there.

Sign in to follow this