TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MrRant

Is TNA ever going to have a "Big One"?

Guest MrRant

I am curious if TNA would explore the option of say 2 BIG PPV's that would be blowoffs to feuds and the beginnings of others like SummerSlam and WM. Perhaps a 3-4 hour PPV for like 10.95. Would let new viewers tune in and get a somewhat clean start I would imagine as well as pull in a few more bucks because of a supercard aspect and some money matches.

Guest SP-1

I'd go out of my way to see one like that. I can't get PPV and no local area bars show TNA but I'd find a way to see a TNA "Big" PPV.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

They could charge $15 or $20 and I'd buy it. Fuck, I pay around $40 a month to see TNA as-is...

Guest Basswitch

I think TNA needs to work on putting out shows that are consistantly good before they try to do any big PPVs. Last week the show was unusually bad, but this week was okay.

I do hope however that TNA does do at least one BIG ppv this year. However, i am getting sick of paying 40 bucks a month, and will probally stop renting TNA after a few more weeks. They really need a TV deal.

Guest MrRant

I haven't ordered because of those facts. I am not willing to part with 7.95 for the possibility of no wrestling or poor wrestling. I can take poor wrestling from the WWE for free.

Guest nikowwf

I think a big PPV that they announce WAY before hand (3 months of buildup to THE BIG ONE) is a good thing...it makes people feel like they need to watch as there is a verifiable END to the stories ( I dont want to miss this week cause I need to see where this is going) rather than it just being ongoing and I can miss a week here and there with no problem.

Its hard too, cause we are all internet fans for the most part watching, so if we miss it, who cares, DAMES has the damn thing up so we can be up to date for next week. Its not like with the WWE, where the internet audience is much less....

nikO

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Maybe we should all (not just us TSM TNA fans, but try to get ALL TNA fans net-wide) send e-mails and/or letters and/or faxes to TNA or some various television stations to try and get TNA on free TV. It'd help build to a BIG PPV, and also probably broaden the fanbase.

I posted this in both the "Is TNA ever going have a "Big One"?" and "Is TNA ever going to get a TV deal?" threads, because it applies to both.

Guest the 1inch punch

I think Week 53 should be a big one, the anniversary of the first one.

If they could drag it out that long, Styles defeating Jarrett or NWA defeating SEX once and for all would be a great focal point

Guest j.o.b. squad

week 53 woude be after the 1 year anniversary remember they skiped a few weeks during december and newyears

emailing tna about getting on tv isn't going to help. its not as easy as saying "hi nbc. heres 20 grand, put us on tv". networks have to WANT to put you on tv. and with the wwf pulling in 3's every week opposed to the 5's they did 2 years ago, networks might be scared of the possibilty of the company failing or not doing good, or bringing in 0.8's instead of 2's they had hoped for.

Guest Space_Cowboy

A 'Big One' PPV would be a good place to blow off the NWA vs SEX feud, the NWA finally defeating S.E.X, so hopefully they consider the idea of having one at some point.

Guest TheGame2705

Are you ever going to have a big one???~~!!!111 HAHAHAHAHA LMAO LOLZ ^_^

...in all honesty, I don't think it'd be a good idea until they got a TV deal then it would seem like a bigger deal.