TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Can AJ Styles win?

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I'm going to head off to do my preview soon...and I'm curious as to what everyone thinks.

Can AJ win the NWA title this week?

Logic says no...but I've been thinking of reasons why he should win:

1. He isn't alligned with either side. That would make it interesting with both sides wanting to get the title from him.

2. They've already built up Raven/Styles.

3. JJ could go off to do his SEX feud without the title being not defended all the time.

4. It would open up the roster with pretty much everyone having a seemingly legit shot to win the title from him.

5. They gave him a quest that should end in victory...and Zbysko could easily cost JJ the match. Not to mention SEX run ins and such.

Of course...he is too small.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Oh...and maybe most importantly they'll be on in Australia again. And it seems that this is when they want to deliver the bigger moments (since they only get it once a month and it's a whole country without WWE ppvs)

Styles is 212 lbs. and has moved FAR away from the X-Division. I have a feeling that he has a good shot against Jarrett, but then, they want to keep Jarrett strong, so who knows...

Guest El Satanico

It's possible since it would be a breath of fresh air for the title and JJ doesn't need it while still in the middle of the S.E.X. angle.

And like you said bps someone not associated with the S.E.X. holding the title would make the angle more interesting. As both sides are fighting each other while trying to get the belt off Styles while he also has to fight off Raven.

Guest geniusMoment

I have a black box and I am going to order this week just because they brought in Corino and Sandman and our giving us AJ-Jarrett. What the hell I don't need the extra $15

Guest Kotzenjunge

I see Jarrett losing the title due to SEX interference in an attempt to get Styles to join their camp. To be honest, a neutral champion is really the best thing they can do. It's already got my interest, and they've yet to actually book it.

I have a black box and I am going to order this week just because they brought in Corino and Sandman and our giving us AJ-Jarrett. What the hell I don't need the extra $15

If you have a box, why would you "order"?

Dames

Guest Zack Malibu

Styles should definetly go over here. With Larry Z as his mentor now, it would be perfect to have him show AJ the "game of human chess". Have a focused AJ go over a distracted Jarrett (not literally, I mean distracted by JJ having his mind on S.E.X., though I don't doubt a run-in) and be the neutral champion. Then give us a few weeks of Styles/Raven, Styles/Truth, and for sure, how about Styles/Corino, before a match with Jarrett again.

Guest tpww7
I have a black box and I am going to order this week just because they brought in Corino and Sandman and our giving us AJ-Jarrett.  What the hell I don't need the extra $15

If you have a box, why would you "order"?

Dames

To support TNA? Anyways, I think it would be better off for the company to keep toe belt on JJ for awhile longer.

Guest Slapnuts00

No offense, but you're an idiot!

Anyway as for AJ, I doubt he'll win the title. Personally I think that they should have hotshotted it to Raven a couple weeks ago and had both Jarret and AJ chasing him, but thats probably where its going eventually...

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Wow...this is one of the few matches where I literally am excited to watch in the past few weeks. Last time I was excited fully for a match was Lynn/Styles when Lynn finally pinned Styles 1-on-1 to win the X-Division title.

Yes to support TNA, my bad for the confusing post.

See, that's what I don't get. I don't know about you, but the way the boxes around here work is that you put the channel on...and its on. No ordering involved. Why pay 10 bucks (when only about 4 or 5 of which goes to TNA) when you can just....not?

Guest Zack Malibu
Yes to support TNA, my bad for the confusing post.

See, that's what I don't get. I don't know about you, but the way the boxes around here work is that you put the channel on...and its on. No ordering involved. Why pay 10 bucks (when only about 4 or 5 of which goes to TNA) when you can just....not?

My assumption is that he'll disconnect his box and order it normally. I'm all for supporting TNA, but dude, if you have the resources, USE THEM.

Guest oldschoolwrestling

I think if they gave AJ the belt and let him run with it he could elevate NWA to a higher level. He has come a long way since NWA started and I think this would be a great reward to see what he can do. I'd go so far as to say let him win clean, earn the respect of JJ, team up to fight SEX, then down the line turn on him and go back to being heel.

Guest BoboBrazil

I think he should win the belt too. All of the buildup leading to him finally getting the match would be kind of pointless if he didn't when don't you think?

If they give Styles the belt, that's cool...he can further the storyline. Too bad the Tag titles are up in the air-SEX could have em, NWA could have the X belt and Styles would be the neutral champ.

If they don't give Styles the belt, though, that's ok also. I'd like to see Styles and Jarrett wrestle at least once against JJ for the belt before winning it all.

Guest geniusMoment

You always disconnect your black box when not using it. You never keep it on all the time, for if you do it will be fried by the cable company and you will need to buy a new one. The cable company sends a signal out occasionaly that will ruin your black box.

I am sure if you know someone who has a black box they will tell you the same thing.

Well, I have an older "black box", which isn't even the same as yours, GeniusMoment. Basically, my cable box itself is a black box...I don't connect anything. It's literally on all day. As for getting caught, I've had mine since 1996, so I'd say 7 years is a pretty damn good time.

*gets arrested*

See, the way ours works is that we have a button that gives us all of the frequencies...so if a bullet is thrown, all we have to do is press the button a few billion times and it comes back. No fuss, no muss.

Dames

No black box for me. I have DirecTV and have a hacked card. My dad knows a guy so I don't think we have to pay everytime DirecTV scrambles up the card (every week or so)-just the first time we use it.

Guest Basswitch

I think AJ will win the title.

Then it will be both sides fighting over AJ Styles. Also it will probally piss off Jarrett and he will join SEX, or SEX could be the reason Jarrett lost the title in which case he would keep kicking S.E.X's asses.

Guest Slapnuts00

Man, I envy you black box people, seems like everyone except me has one, where do you get them anyway?

As for the guy who suggested Aj will win clean? HAHAHA VINCE RUSSO IS BOOKING, we'll never see a clean title win EVER AGAIN!!!