TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Longdogger_Pete

SJL Wrath Card - February 23, 2003

Guest Longdogger_Pete

SJL WRATH CARD - February 23, 2003

Due Date: Sunday, February 23, 2003 @ 5:00 PM EST

Send Promos & Marked Matches To: realitycheck

Location: Arena México in Mexico City, Mexico. This is the last stop on our SJL World Tour, so let's make it one for the books!

OPENING PROMO WITH COOL ASS MAIN EVENT TIE IN

Mike Van Siclen vs. Crow - Prologue

Description: The members of tonight's main event are also required to write tonight's opening promo. Why? Read the rules for the main event and you'll see. The winner of the main event will also see his version of the opening promo start off the show.

Rules: Uh, it's a promo. Read the main event description for more details.

Word Limit: 1000

Send To: realitycheck

SJL TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT

Description: Yes, it's official - the SJL Television Championship is coming out of retirement! The SJL will again have a third singles title for the first time in six months, ever since Thor defeated Fugue back in August to unify the TV and European titles. (Sorry Atlas - as of this moment they're no longer unified.) Anyway, this week we begin an eight man, single elimination tournament that will lead to the crowning of a new TV champion. This tournament includes several new players and is a great way to make an early impact in the SJL. Good luck, everyone!

Rules: Standard singles matches. Regular DQ and countout rules apply.

Word Limit: 3000, each match

TOURNAMENT MATCH

Geddion vs. Tryst

Description: After a brief appearance in promo land, Geddion makes his in-ring debut against Nottingham's own Tryst.

TOURNAMENT MATCH

Fosta vs. "Dark Rebel" Terry Wayne

Description: Terry Wayne looked good in his Metal debut against Tryst. Here takes on another recent addition, Fosta.

Send To: Longdogger_Pete

TOURNAMENT MATCH

David Blazenwing vs. Omega Storm

Description: Omega Storm is looking to snap a serious losing streak. He gets his chance against the debuting David Blazenwing.

Send To: Tod deKindes

TOURNAMENT MATCH

Christian Blackwell vs. "Picture Perfect" Aaron Carpenter

Description: Aaron Carpenter's name has come up already in the SWF world -- as the first SJL wrestler trained by our own "Grand Slam" Mark Stevens, this guy's got a lot of media buzz surrounding him. Let's see how he handles himself against Christian Blackwell.

Send To: 5_moves_of_doom

TRIPLE THREAT FILLER MATCH WITH BADASS MAORI DEBUT

Aecas vs. Va'aiga vs. Thor

Description: I'm starting a tradition here - the "filler" match is the last one on the card that I book. Anyway, here's the much-hyped debut of Va'aiga, who wrote three short promos on Metal and issued an open challenge to anyone on the roster. Aecas and Thor were quick to answer the challenge, believing they could set the new guy straight, so let's have ourselves a triple threat and throw all three guys in there.

Rules: Standard triple threat match. First pinfall or submission wins. Regular DQ and countout rules apply.

Word Limit: 3565

Send To: Drew_K

CRUISERWEIGHT RULES MATCH

Sean Atlas vs. "Hollywood" Spike Jenkins vs. Matt Myers

Description: Well, it's not exactly a lucha libre match, but we've got the next best thing. These three guys are looking to shine in Mexico City, and they'll get their chance here in a Cruiserweight Rules match.

Rules: Non-title. Triple threat match. First pinfall or submission wins. Regular DQ rules apply. Countout only occurs on a 20 count, rather than 10 count. Anyone counted out is eliminated from the match (which continues if two competitors remain).

Word Limit: 4500

Send To: WrestlingDeacon

#1 CONTENDER MATCH - SJL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

SINGLES MATCH

Dace Night vs. Janus

Special Guest Commentator: El Luchadore Magnifico

Description: What do Dace Night and Janus have in common? Well, they're both pretty pissed off about losing World title matches to Mike Van Siclen. One of them will get a chance to redeem himself on Wrath and earn a second shot at the title; who's it going to be? Hey, and since we're in Mexico, we get a visit from our own SWF World Champion, El Luchadore Magnifico!

Rules: Standard singles match. Regular DQ and countout rules apply.

Word Limit: 5000

Send To: Longdogger_Pete

MAIN EVENT

BORDER RUN MATCH

Mike Van Siclen vs. Crow

Description: What better way to celebrate a Mexico City show, and the last stop on the tour, then with an actual Border Run?

Rules: Both competitors begin the Wrath broadcast about ten miles south of the Mexico/USA border. The match will begin with the opening promo, and will theoretically be occurring throughout the show, and we'll see the ending minutes of the match in this segment. To win the match, you must traverse the remaining ten miles with a suitcase full of contraband (provided by GODrea) and be the first one to sucessfully cross the border into the United States. The marker of this match will mark the match and opening promo as two portions of one match. This match will be non title.

Word Limit: 5000 (not including opening promo)

No I know what Lesnar felt like when Beichoff brought back the Big Gold Belt... :( Eh, but the again, I didn't really lose much, so wgaf.gif

No I gotta think of a way to write myself in a Cruiser match when my character's aerial moves aren't very spectacular.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

You said comment on the card.

TV title! Sweet!

Nice main event/opener. Shades of the show-long Ironman between Xstasy and Trash.

That is all.

Guest Picture Perfect

wow, title torunament on my first card...looks like a lot of fun. i'm lookin forward to writing this...got some fun stuff in mind for mr. blackwell :)

Guest Tod deKindes

I think David Blazenwing will win on account of his name alone. :P

Just kidding. Good luck to both.

Guest fosta

Only two degress of seperaion between me and Tezza, but unfortunately it suggests that I'm gonna do the job in Mexico. At least Fosta can go out with the boys and wash his losses away with some tequila.

The following is an image of Fosta's answer to jobbing to guys in their debut match; Tequila.botles2.jpg

Guest Aecas

Hmmmmm another Triple Threat match against The God of Thunder and Va'aiga. I wonder if I might be able to pull off a win or whether that Prism match on Crimson was a one off lucky shot :D

Guest The Last Free Voice

I'm a nut obbsessed with the end of the world and I look sane in my first match? Only here.

Guest El Luchadore Magnifico

Wheee, commentary! Dace, Janus, I really don't care how you write me, though unintelligible Spanglish is always a plus.

Guest Aecas

GRAH! :angry:

Despite my optimism earlier today I am going to have to miss this Wrath. The reason for this is that University has just no-sold all of my attempts to get some free time to write at the moment.

I've had a shedload of assingments dropped on my lap and unfortunately I can't afford to write a match while I have all this stuff to go through. Hopefully I will have buried most of it by Monday next week so I can get back to writing.

I appologise to everyone for not being able to show up for this but I really can't afford the time right now :(

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins
Hablo poco espanola.

Janus es tonto muy grande.

Yeah....

What he said...

Guest El Luchadore Magnifico
Hablo poco espanola.

Janus es tonto muy grande.

I speak a little Spanish.

Janus is a very big fool.

Guest Tod deKindes

Tu mama hace el ammor con mi perro.

This isn't addressed to anyone in particular. :D

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

Bien, nuevo individuo... No estoy absolutamente seguro, sino que ensamblaré adentro de todos modos. Esto es una tarjeta muy buena, y reservaré una tarjeta incluso mejor alguna vez pronto aquí... Mwahahahahaha. En otra nota, Tod aspira el grande, muchas muchas veces. Palabra.

- Taylor "Loco" Thompson

Guest Thoth

Nihongo no hou ga, supenigo yori zutto takai desu! Anatatachi no gaijin. Nihongo ga kowai no ka?

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins
Listen, I'll fucking kill all of you. Now, stop that.

K.

(Y)

Sign in to follow this