TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paranoid

Guest Paranoid

Whether you're a Laker hater or not you have to admit that was one great game last night. Especially when you take into account it was played without Shaq.

Guest razazteca

Kobe got hurt during the game and score 17 points in the Double Overtime game but it is questionable if Kobe will play. Now that the 2 major players are hurt what are the Lakers going to do? Depend on Samake Walker and Rick Fox?

Guest alfdogg

Kobe played great for playing on a hurt knee. Not Isiah Thomas in the 88 Finals with a sprained ankle-great, but great. Mobley was fouled at the end of the first OT and it wasn't called though. The Lakers got a lot of cheap calls their way, but then again Francis shot horribly, and no one on the Rockets was getting rebounds. So unfortnately whatever excuse there is against the Lakers, was nullified by something the Rockets did poorly, such as the previously mentioned poor rebounding. Mo Taylor played excellent, though, too. The game could have easily went either way.

Just my two cents.

EDIT: Mark Masden was awesome last night, as well. Had he not been there, the Lakers would have lost, IMO.

Guest Paranoid

If your goning to bring up the refs then what about that bullshit blocking call on Kobe when Yao was plainly inside the circle?

Guest alfdogg

Point taken. It was a bad call. You also conveniently falied to mention the bullshit blocking call on Yao plays before, and Madsen's flop that got him a cheap foul just seconds after.

EDIT: Funny how despite my dislike for the Lakers, i give them all the credit I can for last night's win, yet you ignore that to chasitse me for the criticism and try to start shit. Nice to see you haven't changed since you left SmarkTalk.

Guest Paranoid
Point taken. It was a bad call. You also conveniently falied to mention the bullshit blocking call on Yao plays before, and Madsen's flop that got him a cheap foul just seconds after.

EDIT: Funny how despite my dislike for the Lakers, i give them all the credit I can for last night's win, yet you ignore that to chasitse me for the criticism and try to start shit. Nice to see you haven't changed since you left SmarkTalk.

I was by no way trying to start shit, really. I just think that both sides should be talked about instead of just the bad calls on Houstons side.

If I offended you or worded my sentence wrong, I am sorry.

Guest Choken One
Eh...Let's See what Kobe can do against Karl and John tonite?

Another 40. :D

Yep another good performence...I know the Sports writers seriously do not want Kobe to win the MVP...But C'MON 11 straight 35+ games? Jordan never did that...

I still say that Garnett and Duncan are still ahead but DAAAMN Kobe is lighting it up WITHOUT SHAQ might I note...

Guest BRUCE

The Laker's just have to play as a team and they are unstoppable, with or without Shaq or Kobe. Everybody knows that.

Guest Choken One

I dunno about that...since the whole season has either Been the SHAQ Show or KOBE show...not the Laker Show...

Guest Lethargic

I just find it funny that somebody is bragging about the three time champion and suposed best team in the NBA being only 3 games over .500 and still not in the playoffs.

Guest Crazy Dan

I think the Lakers are now in at least a tie for the eighth spot.... but I wouldn't brag too much about that. The Lakers have been badly underacheiving for most of the season, sans Kobe. And with Shaq not at a 100%, it's going to be very, very hard for them to win it all. Kobe can do so much. And I think that Kobe can't keep this pace up for the rest of the season and into the playoffs. If he does, than he is tha "Man", but he is playing like it right now, so my hat is off to him.

I am still pulling for the Kings.

Guest alfdogg
Point taken.  It was a bad call.   You also conveniently falied to mention the bullshit blocking call on Yao plays before, and Madsen's flop that got him a cheap foul just seconds after.

EDIT: Funny how despite my dislike for the Lakers, i give them all the credit I can for last night's win, yet you ignore that to chasitse me for the criticism and try to start shit.  Nice to see you haven't changed since you left SmarkTalk.

I was by no way trying to start shit, really. I just think that both sides should be talked about instead of just the bad calls on Houstons side.

If I offended you or worded my sentence wrong, I am sorry.

No problem man.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

If they get in the playoffs, they're going to win it.

Right now, it's looking ok.

Guest Crazy Dan

I don't if they will it all... Teh Lakers still haven't proven that they can beat a full strength Kings team, and they still haven't proven that they can beat the Spurs, who are playing the best basketball at this moment.

The problem with the Lakers is that their role players have not pulled their weight this season... and if they play like they have been, then it will be very hard for them to win it all.

Kobe is basically carrying the team right now, no one else is doing jack, excluding Shaq. But, even Shaq waited too long for surgery. And he is also carrying way too much weight right now, hence the reason his knee is all messed up.

I also believe that many teams who were scarred of the Lakers in years past, are no longer scarred. Throw that into the mix, and it doesn't look good.

Guest Lethargic

I don't think they will win it either. This is a team that hasn't had to play during the regular season basically. They just cruised along all year long and then turned it on in the playoffs. Now just to get into the playoffs they've having to play like in the playoffs all year. I expect their tanks to be just a little too empty to get into the playoffs and have to beat off teams like the Kings, Mavs, Spurs or Blazers. I'm not saying first round exit or anything but all the way to the title? No, I doubt it. It would be impressive if they did though cause they put themselves into a really deep hole with that first half of the season.

Guest Still Fly

My take on the Lakers this year:

This season has been really weird for me, it has had its ups and downs. The Houston and Jazz games were awesome. If the Lakers play like they did the last half of the season, they will be really tough this year. But take in accont, the Lakers have been playing a lot more games than any other team in the last 3 championship years. Its got to tiring if your playing 90-100 games almost every year. Now about the best of the west right now, they dont impress me at all. The Spurs are gonna tank in the playoffs again. The Mavs havent proved to anyone that they are a real threat. The Kings arent as good as they were last year. Im pretty damn sure these teams dont wanna meet the Lakers in the first two rounds and now since the playoffs have been expanded, it makes it even harder. The Spurs and Kings have to have mental blocks against the Lakers, because these teams have thrown their best and they still cant beat the Lakers.

Still if the Lakers are going to lose in the plaoffs its going to be in the western Conference finals.

Guest Crazy Dan

The Kings have faced some injuries this year to their first half MVP's. And that is why their record is not as good as it was last year. But, the Kings are extremely deep. With the addition of Keon Clark and Jimmy Jackson, the Kings have just made themselves stronger. Yeah they have struggled at times, but when Webber comes back, the Kings are going to be very tough to beat.

The Lakers are going to be very worn down. They badly underachieved for the first half. Shaq should have his toe surgery right after the season, but he waited for his second opinion too late. So instead of being in the middle of the play-off hunt, they are finding themselves in a fleury to just make the playoffs. That can be very draining. And with a potential first round match up against the Mavs, Kings, or Spurs now being a seven game series, it's not in the Lakers favor. In years past the Lakers have gotten a weaker playoff team in the first round. Not this year. I am sure the Lakers don't want to play the Spurs or Kings in the first round.

Guest Still Fly

Its the other way around Crazy Dan. Im sure the Mavs, Spurs and Kings dont want to see the Lakers in the first round. The Lakers may as well be the most dangerous eight seed in the history of the format. If you think about it, the Lakers have beat the Mavs 23 of the last 25 times and the come from behind victory this year. The Mavs definitely dont wanna see the Lakers in a first round match. The Kings, qutie honestly havent impressed me at all. They can add whomever they want to the mix, they havent really done anything to warrant a serious a threat to Lakers to me IMO. The Kings havent beat the Lakers in a playoff series ever and never gets an advantage in the regular season. The Kings are like the Atlanta Hawks to the Lakers Boston Celtics if you ask me. The Spurs scare me the most. but again they dont wanna see the Lakers in a playoff series also. The Spurs have been totally humilated the last two years by the Lakers and will have to have an all out effort to beat them.

The thing that pisses me off the most is how people underestimate the Lakers. They are not the 3 times champs for nothing. They have the best 2 players in the league and 1 of those players is the hottest and making a strong bid for any MVP bid. You also have to remember that the playoffs are a very different atmosphere. Teams can transform to fist round fodder to championship threat and vice versa. I mean look at the 01 Lakers, nobody thought theywould win another championship and they just turned it on. Look at the 93 Bulls. For an even greater case look at the 99 Knicks the only eight seed to make Finals. Im not saying the lakers will do it, but the possibility is there that they will run the table from the eight sees. Saying the Lakers are first round fodder is stupid to me.