TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tim Cooke

Paul London

Guest Tim Cooke

So Paul London is just "normal" and "ordinary"?

Watch more of his work before you cast him off.

London started his "National" career in March of 2002 and up through November of 2002, he was a promising young star who was a daredevil with a ton of spots and good charisma. He was easily the second or third most over babyface in ROH

12/7/02. American Dragon and London have a MOTYC (a legit MOTYC, not one of those, "That match is goo dos it must be a MOTYC"). AmDrag of course plays his usual part of laying out a spectacular match but London holds up more than his end. This match was a story match. AmDrag, the Indy veteran vs. London, the up and coming young star. Played out all in the ring, with MINIMAL highspots. London wins the match and a star is born in ROH.

12/28/02. London gets a shot a ROH champion Xavier. Xavier is a decent worker who needs to be carried to have a good match. London nopt only does that, but brings the MASSIVE crowd support and brings Xavier to his best match ever. Want to talk about nearfalls and heat, see this match. If Murphy Rec held 18,000+ like the place where the Royal Rumble was held, this match would have had more heat up and down than Benoit/Angle did.

TNA has often brought out the worst in people. I have yet to see Low Ki, Styles, Daniels, London have a match anywhere near the quality of an average match they might have in ROH.

So check out some London, specifically the December stuff (12/28 not yet on video), to see what the hype is. When you can chop and make a louder noise than AmDrag or Ki, you have some wicked chops.

Tim

Guest CoreyLazarus416

I dug the London/Kash match a lot, actually. Especially the early-going's with the trade-off's of hammerlocks and armbars. Only real thing I have against London is where he positions his arms during certain moves, but that's a minor thing, and I don't hold it against him at all. Dude has a decent look, is pretty good in the ring (and I've apparently only seen his worst, according to you), and has some charisma.

If I had more money, I'd buy some RoH tapes.

Guest Nevermortal

You don't like Paul London?

Watch his street fight with Michael Shane. Shooting Star Press off the ladder. 'Nuff said.

Guest bob_barron

Hey Tim-

I was at 12.28.02 and you're absolutely right. I had never seen or heard of London before that show but he got me into his match and at the end I was really pissed off that he lost- in one night- he made me a huge fan.

I remember he did a shooting star press to the floor and missed and his head went thump. My friend and I helped pull him up and seeing him go out there and risk it all for a small group of fans made me really respct the guy.

Guest Daddy X

I've seen good and bad out of London and all of the good has been in ROH. I've yet to see his 12/7 or 12/28 but i saw London live on 8/24 and 11/16 and liked his work both times. So far I've seen him as more of a "fun" worker, but after i see his match with Dragon i may see more in London. He needs to slow down a little more at times as he makes some big mistakes... I'm not being critical but the style he works would lead to severe injury if mistakes are made. London has amazing athletic ability and once he becomes a more well rounded wrestler he could be one of the best out there.