TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gert T

No Way Out

Hey everyone, taking a break on a boring paper, is it pretty sure considering how much the crowd was against Steiner-HHH at Royal Rumble, will his match follow Undertaker-Big Show? I'd love to see them put this after Rock-Hogan and see the crowd empty. Also would it be beneficial to have the 6 man match an elimination match, screw Brock over early and elevate somebody else with the win. I would assume Team Angle will win this match but would it elevate Team Angle at all if they got the win with Kurt already eliminated?

Guest Choken One

I don't believe the 6man is Elimination...just straight up Tag match...

I expect This to be the order of the Biggies...

Austin/Bisch

HHH/Steiner

Rock/Hogan

6man

I'd expect Austin to do more later in the show...

Guest Anglesault

They MUST put Angle over Brock in that match.

Taker/Show is on this PPV too? Oh lord.

Guest nikowwf

I'd agree Angle has to go over Brock. But they need to make sure Angle looks strong RIGHT before mania, (like the 3 weeks before) and not now, like 5 weeks before and the 2 weeks before mania he looks like a dweeb....

niko

Guest Brian

I'd imagine Triple H is going to want to get on before Austin comes back and Rock/Hogan II, to save his heat.

Guest nikowwf

The PPV scares me, cause there are only 8 matches, and 3 of them, the Austin one, Big Show/Taker and HHH/Steiner should be short to work. (I think between the heat and stalling Hogan/Rock should be able to squeeze a longer match) As it stands, these matches will be given time, and should sucketh massively...

niko

Guest The Tino Standard

I think the six-man will be a pretty long match. Two extended heat sequences at least. You've got six of your top workers in one match. They're not THAT dumb. They'll give this one plenty of time to work with.

Guest humongous2002

I still can't believe that Steiner is still in the title picture after being booed out of the building at the Rumble and has lost any heat he had b4 that horrible match, Vince is one stubborn prick.

Guest The Tino Standard

I think it is more a case that they didn't have any other option. They bring a guy in with a TON of fanfare and hype, put him in the main event scene right away and have his match end indecisively. Now, they are basically at a placeholder PPV, waiting for WM. And that's perfect for what this is: a placeholder feud. Everybody knows that Steiner doesn't have a chance in hell on Sunday. After that, this whole thing is over and done with and the Booker-HHH match for Wrestlemania starts getting hyped.

Guest humongous2002

I hope so, because another month of Steiner and i will blow my brains out.

Guest Your Olympic Hero

Suggested allowed times for matches

Show vs. Taker --- 5 minutes

6 Man Tag --- 30 minutes

Hardy vs. Kidman --- 12 minutes

Bischoff vs. Austin --- 7 or 8 minutes

HHH vs. Steiner --- 10 minutes

Tag Team Title --- 10 minutes

Hogan vs. Rock --- 15 minutes

Jericho vs. Hardy --- 12 minutes

That adds up to about a little over an hour and a half of wrestling... which means shitty matches will get more time than I wanted. HHH will get 20, guarunteed :(

Guest Mole

Taker will get a 20 minute match. It will be a 20 minutes of punching and kicking, which is very boring. Same with Triple-Juice/Scott-Juice.

Guest Brian

I'm guessing they probably run Bischoff vignettas throughout the show, to tease Austin's appearance.

Guest nikowwf

If Taker / Show goes 20, it will be Show's last match ever cause he's going to die of a heart attack.

niko

Guest Brian

I think if they want to do it right they should wedge it between Triple H/Steiner and Hogan/Rock. Have Triple H still out in the ring when Bischoff comes down, so Triple H can sort of be disgusted with Bischoff for trying to show him up with the Austin and Austin can throw the birds at Trips.

Guest notJames

That would be a RAW ending. If people are paying to see a wrestling card, the Main Event should be a wrestling match, not some glorified "Moment of Zen".

I see it coming second to last, bookended by whatever's after the SD! 6-man and the Rock/Hogan II main event, which of course will result in a "Vince McMahon patented shmozz", but that's a gripe for another time.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

I see a ton of Bisch vignettes before a very short match indeed. I think Austin will beat Bisch and then side with him on RAW for a swerve, with Austin claiming the reason he left was Vince and the state of the company etc.

Would make for some interesting TV, but hopefully not entirely focused on Austin v McMahon II (or maybe Austin vs. Shane?)

Guest Anglesault

Austin/Bisch will last five minutes. The pre match and post match stuff may add another ten on. Vignettes maybe seven or eight.

Guest Choken One
That would be a RAW ending. If people are paying to see a wrestling card, the Main Event should be a wrestling match, not some glorified "Moment of Zen".

I am certain that MORE people will watch for Austin and Rock and Hogan's return to PPV rather then the 6Man...

Guest Mulatto Heat

Austin's big return will not be anywhere else except the end of the PPV. It's all about the anticipation, and they're not going to blow it in the middle of the card.

Guest Choken One

That is what I believe should be done...but everyone here fucking worships the SD6 and demand it be last...when it shouldn't be...the home fans could give two shits...they WANT rock/hogan and Austin more then the 6man...

Guest nikowwf

I think Austin will return in the middle of the show, then come back at the end to help Hogan fight off a Vince McMahon and Rock beatdown. So his match will be in the proper place, and he'll close the show too.

6 Man is second from the top. Rock/Hogan is main event....has to be. Anything after that will lack heat.

niko

Very tough call since Hogan/Rock will likely kill the heat of any match following it except Austin/Bischoff. But then again Austin/Bischoff won't be the last match unless they wnat to send the fans home happy. The 6 man'll likely have Team Angle winning, Vince'll screw Hogan, Trips'll beat BPP so the only face going over is Austin.

Thus they might put Austin on last to send the crowd home happy.

Guest The Tino Standard

The Smackdown-6 tag match might be in serious jeopardy right now with Edge's injury situation, so if they have to sub someone in there at the last minute (hello, Rhyno), I don't think they'd put that on as a main event. There's absolutely nothing wrong with putting that on like 4th from the last, given the other segments. The Austin-Bischoff match or Hogan-Rock II HAVE to go last. I think they learned their lesson with the Canadian crowd last year at WM for that one. The only thing that could bump Hogan-Rock II would be the Austin return and even THAT is a maybe.