TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MarvinisaLunatic

Smart Marks Fantasy Baseball League?

Guest razazteca

So what is the vote? 2 against? I am waiting patiently for the decision.

Guest alkeiper

I want to hear Jimmy's explanation for this trade. There's no good reason to trade a player ranked around 25th for a player ranked around 300.

Guest alkeiper

My choice of action is pretty clear here. The only reason I, as the commissioner, should veto a trade is if the trade develops out of collusion between two club owners. I have no evidence of collusion here. No club owner has issued a direct challenge to the trade. And it seems to me that a last place club would expect to make a bad trade. That's how they ended up in last place in the first place. Therefore, I shall allow the trade.

Guest razazteca

I cannot believe the trade was allowed, I am shocked.....

This the biggest trade ever, Fear The Ruthless Aggression, for I shall win this league for sure now.

*evil laugh* bawhahahahahahahaha

Guest razazteca

I am willing to make more trades, anybody interested in Kenny Lofton or the 2 pitchers on the bench?

Guest alkeiper

No interest here. Lofton might help a team in need of steals, but they look like waiver fodder from here. Unless of course, A Team gives you Sosa for Lofton.

Guest razazteca

Someone must need a leadoff hitter who can get steals.

The Pirates....hm the A Team make great deals.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

Im with 10 1/2 pts of Daegu. I've realized the fact that I need to pick up more pts for Stolen Bases if I intend to win. Barry Bonds is probably out the weekend to be with his father, so Im playing Crawford for SBs, but that probably won't help me out a lot.

As I posted on the front page, I will trade Batista/Nevin, Zambrano or Clement, but I've decided I can also part with Adam Dunn (even though hes mired in an ugly slump). Im most interested in someone who can steal bases.

Guest Kingpk

I'm looking for for guys with high OBP. I'm not worried about SB or Saves as much.

Depending on his start today, I may add Matt Kinney to the trade block. He's got a high ERA, but right now he's got 95 Ks

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

M. Kinney 2.2IP 6H 5R 5ER 4BB 3K

Not a good line..

For me:

Nevin hits a 2 run HR, Crawford steals 2 bases and Harden pitched an excellent game!

Guest Kingpk

The hell with it. Kinney's released and up for grabs. If you can put up with his high ERA and WHIP, more power to you.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

I gained at least 2 more points on Deagu (1 pt for SBs and 1 pt for saves) according to my fuzzy math calculations..

If no one expresses any interest in Clement or Zambrano, I will waive them when we get to pick over the Calgary Hitmen..

Guest alkeiper

Can I add my objection over releasing those players? I think its a bad idea in general.

Guest alkeiper

I feel it kind of cheapens the game. If a team has a hole to fill, they should look on the waiver wire, not get a free superstar. Its too easy. Just my two cents.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

I could care less really. I was hoping to pick up one of the guys with SBs. As it is I got Crawford and I've got my eye on a couple other people if we don't do the contraction thing.

Guest DrTom

Having someone bail on the league is pretty cheap, too. I think this simulates the trading deadline that single-league owners like me experience (though I blew most of my FAAB when Robbie Alomar came to Chicago) every year. Because of the waiver priority system, I doubt any team would get more than one player.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic
Because of the waiver priority system, I doubt any team would get more than one player.

There are only 7 active teams, so unless you only release a handful of players, some teams will end up with 2 or 3 players..

Guest razazteca

Still at #1, the trade did help in the saves stat but I'm #1 because I dropped or benched Kinny, Glavine or Ramirez who were killing the ERA and WHIP.

Also Jeromy Burnitz put me over the top in the HR stat.

Guest alkeiper

For members of the unofficial league, keep an eye on the waiver wire as several players, such as Robin Ventura, will be available due to today's trades.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

*Grumbles about Johnny Damon not going on waivers*

Im not gonna pick anyone up. Damon was the only guy I was interested in because of his SBs.

As it stands now SB's are the only category Im worried with..Ive made up a ton getting Crawford (8 SBs in the 8 games I've played him since pciking him up)

Im only 2 pts out of first. Im mad I didn't start Vazquez, but I picked this weekend to try and keep my IP low. Plus I've had bad outings from Harden and Gobble to deal with, as well as dumping Chacon since he's done for the year. Picking up Jose Reyes of the Mets is looking to be one of my good moves, as was picking up Reggie Sanders (he was dumped from the Hitmen but no one claimed him, so I did) with Bonds being out until tomorrow (hopefully) and Adam Dunn out for 2-3 weeks.

Im probably gonna dump Adam Dunn anyway, since this isn't a keeper league..