TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest iamsherm

Chris Rock in TNA?

Guest iamsherm

I don't follow TNA at all so forgive me if this is old news and I am extremely out of the loop, but I saw a preview for this new Chris Rock movie before Old School last night. From the trailer, I gather the premise is a presidential candidate and his running mate are killed so they have to find a replacement: Chris Rock. Anyways, in the trailer they showed Rock making an appearance at a TNA event?

Is this news to anyone? When was this filmed? What wrestlers were involved? Why the hell is he at a TNA event? Just wondering.

At any rate, sounds like good exposure for TNA. Hell, it got me interested.

Guest bob_barron

They filmed it a while ago. Chris Rock made an appearance on one of the shows and basically said: NWATNA is the best in the world.

He didn't get involved in any angles I don't think

Guest Slapnuts00

Yup, showed up on the show and just gave a brief interview putting over NWA-TNA, and after the show filmed a scene where he gets beat up.

Interesting note that I was at an Orioles game last year and Rock was there to film a a scene for the movie! Before the show they put up his movie name on the scoreboards and the announcer was like "Please welcome, Presidential Candidate Mayes Gilliam!" and eveyone was told to cheer really loud and were given signs to wave. It was cool. Rock was wearing a custom O's jersey and joked with our mascot the Orioles bird saying how great it is to have a black mascot and called him brother. It was pretty funny.