TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Midnight Express83

PC to VCR question

Guest Midnight Express83

How can I transfer from my PC to my VCR. I am trying to make comp tapes off of my DL matches. Any help is much needed.

Guest Eagan469

if you have a TV/S-Video out on your video card, you can use a cable (find one at Radio Shack) to connect your computer to your TV and record the picture using your VCR

easy, no?

Guest razazteca

picture quality can't be too good on the transfer can it? Unless it was a DVD rip.

Guest Lethargic

I burn everything onto CD-RWs and watch them on my DVD player and tape them to VHS. I have the S-video output too but I've never used it. I've thought about getting a S-Video to RCA adapter so I can just put my extra VCR right next to the PC and record stuff right off there. But I've always heard that those outputs have copyblock on there to keep you from doing that.

Guest Dace59

V-CD/ CDRWs (With all Plug ins) seems the way to go.

Signal to noise must be pretty big between PC and Video. And if the quality wasn't too good to begin with....

Guest El Gigante

I have my VCR hooked up to my PC through my TV card, but I can't seem to figure out how to record back from the computer to the VCR. But, I was reading online that you need some sort of scan converter to record to a VCR from PC. Any truth to this either?

Guest Midnight Express83

I can't do the VCD thing since most aren't in mpeg. Alot of are in .asf. I want to just send it back to my VCR, or should I wait until I buy my new PC with a DVD-RW?

Guest Lethargic

Nothing I put on CD is originally mpeg. It's always avi. You just have to covert it.

Guest Midnight Express83

how do I do this, I have Roxio Easy CD creator 5 Plat plus.

Guest BifEverchad
I burn everything onto CD-RWs and watch them on my DVD player and tape them to VHS.

I've been FOREVER trying to find out an easy way to do this..

Can anyone help?