TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Slapnuts00

Feb. 26 thoughts

Guest Slapnuts00

First of all, from the thread "Eric Watts, Bull Buchanan backstage last night":

A stable of Eric Watts, David Flair and Brian Lawler could actually be fun if booked correctly...until the matches...

So I guess I was right!

Anyway, I thought this week was a really strong show. There were no huge happenings but everything flowed very well. There was a strong emphasis on wrestling, and all the matches with the excpetion of the Harries vs. Dusty/Vader were good. Juvy especially was very impressive and made a real showing for himself. The angles were kept brief, made sense and advanced matches or storylines. The Raven/Sandman match was built well and has built intrigue as far as what a Clockwork Orange House of Fun match is. Good job by all involved...and as I said the 2nd generation group should be fun if Russo can write them correctly but I don't know about the matches...

Guest CoreyLazarus416

I'm with tpww7. I could only find 2 redeemable things about this week's show:

1. The springboard somersault plancha to Lynn by Juvi.

2. Raven's promo.

I thought nearly everything else was atrocious.

Guest HartFan86

I enjoyed the opening video package (especially the ending) and the beginning of the Dusty Rhodes video package. I also enjoyed the Tenay/Sanders/Disco thing. I also enjoyed seeing Dusty/Vader.

That was about it.

Guest RedJed
I'm with tpww7. I could only find 2 redeemable things about this week's show:

1. The springboard somersault plancha to Lynn by Juvi.

2. Raven's promo.

I thought nearly everything else was atrocious.

Also thought Konnan did a good promo as well

Guest HartFan86

They should of had Jarrett wrestle tonight. I've wanted to see him wrestle for a while.

Guest Slapnuts00

:-( to each his own I guess.

-Cross vs. Kash was a good opener

-the promo by Russo at least wasn't him rambling about insider nonsense but actually setup matches and advanced some storylines (even though it's RAWesque, there are no commercials on PPV so there's more time to put something like this on there)

- Diamond/Swinger vs. New Church was an ok match that got the crowd into it.

- AMW vs. Hotshots was a good match was some nice near falls. I don't mind the Hotshots at all.

-Juvi vs. Lynn was very good and Konan's mic work continues to be solid.

-The sitdown with Sanders/Gilberti was entertaining and at least there were no new gimmicks...

-Siaki remains entertaining when he's not wrestling

-Raven vs. Dinero was ok, in that it gave Raven a match and showcased Dinero.

-Styles vs. Sandman was actually quite good. Sandman is fun, and the mat wrestling sequence was different, some good action there.

-The hype for next week House of Fun match was well done and creates intrigue.

-The ambush by team 2nd generation losers is a fun inside type joke. I think if Russo can write some good material for them, this can be an effective storyline.

-The only things that were crap for me were the Vader/Dusty vs. Harrises match and the crap with Russo yelling at his kids.

Guest tpww7

Jarrett's match last week vs Styles was very good. They cant expect people to pay $10 every week for a "chance" to see a good show.

Guest RedJed

About that Tenay/Sanders/Disco thing.........it was interesting to hear what they were saying because I'm pretty much sure that was meant to be a shoot on all levels. Disco IMO is dumb as fuck if thats the case.

Guest HartFan86
Jarrett's match last week vs Styles was very good. They cant expect people to pay $10 every week for a "chance" to see a good show.

Then if it's going to suck, only have the PPV for 5 dollars because if they expect people to pay 10 bucks for this, they need to have quality programming every week.