TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Week 33

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I marked out when Vader tossed the Harris boy over his head too.

I want to see if JJ/Vader would be any good. I get the feeling that Jarrett would know what to do with Vader. Although...did anyone else cringe and think his knees were about to give out?

Also...why the hell is Konnan's angle still good? It defies everything I know about Konnan.

Guest HartFan86

Good review. You didn't bash the show as much as I wish you did, but that's okay. We all have our own opinion.

Guest Pegasus Kid

I didn't really read this one thoroughly, I was mainly interested in your thoughts on the AMW vs Hot Shots and Lynn vs Juventud. I'd be inclinded to agree on both counts thought I thought the tag match was better than the ** you gave it (not by much mind you but still a bit higher). The Hot Shots looked the best they ever have in TNA and AMW were their usual good - great selves so the match came off very well. I would've said **1/2. As for Lynn vs Juventud, I coudln't get over how well Guerrera looked. That was probably the best match he's worked in months, maybe even a year. It seems that people have lost sight of Lynn's role (including you my friend) in the match though with all the praise going to Juventud. I would hope for a re-match with a more balanced approach rather than Juvie = Almost all offense. I gave it ***1/4.

I wouldn't say that I've lost sight of Lynn's role in the match, just that it's practially a Given that Lynn will be his usual self, working a good match and the rest of the match all depends on his opponent.

Dames

Guest nikowwf

I hate big stable vs. stable angles...a few guys against a few guys is fine but large feuds tend to get repetetive. Plus Russo is so lame....S.E.X....his sense of humor is that of like a 10 year old. I don't know, its not bad, but when they announced NWA as an alternative way back when I guess I was hoping for something a bit different...

oh, your review was good as always. that was the topic, right?

niko :wacko:

Guest J*ingus

BTW, it was Rick Michaels (who is walking without his cane now) serving guest duty as bell-ringer, and no, I don't know why the damn bell sounded so weird.

Show came off not too bad, most of the matches were decent, Hotshots-AMW is always entertaining, Sandman-Styles was better than I expected, and Jerry-Juvy was just fine. Raven-Dinero was weird, what, were Red busy washing his hair or something? New Church-Diamond/Swinger was a bit disappointing, considering the talents involved. And the main event, eh, it's Dusty and the Harrises, but Vader did look good with what little he did. And the Main Event Talking was really irritating the crowd, Nashville is a city that doesn't appreciate long promos and would rather see some dudes fighting.

P.S. So that was Erik Watts? Eh. Someone told me it was Dale Torborg and I believed it.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Really, really bland show, I thought.

Personally, Dames, I have Juvi/Lynn marked at **1/2 because Juvi, to me, just seemed lost for half of the match. And this one spot (where Juvi was supposed to go for a clothesline and Jerry was supposed to duck under, probably, but Juvi just stopped in his tracks and looked at Lynn) just REALLY ruined the flow of the match.

Guest HartFan86

Juvi did good, Jerry looked totally lost about halfway thru the match, but picked it up near the end.

Guest tank_abbott

Erik Watts is UWF Owner/ WCW/WWF Bookerman Bill Watts' Son.

He was green in 1992, and was pushed to the moon dispite botching simple moves , such as the dropkick (See SK's Review of Starcade 92)

Watts later teamed with Chad Fourtune as Tekno Team 2000 around 1995 in the WWF (Bill Watts was an office man in the WWF at that point)