TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest areacode212

[Merged] Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium

Guest areacode212

I haven't downloaded the ROM or anything yet, but I noticed that ZSNES contains a netplay feature. I assume it's similar to Kaillera. Has anyone ever played this (or any other SNES game) over the internet with a friend? Is it laggy over a 56k connection?

Guest Dace59

Damn, if only I still had all my old SNES ROM shit.

Now having BroadBand, I'd want to try.

I'd guess it'd lag at 56k, but you could try.

It'd have to be the same game data/save file that both people are using, of course.

Get the ROM anyway, it's a great game.

Guest KanadianKrusty

I've never tried online play before but I want to try so if anybody is interested...

Guest Eagan469

for netplay, your ROM has have the same filename as the other player's ROM (Same goes for IPS patches) - the player who hosts the game will automatically send his SRAM over to the connecting player, and the games will be synchronized

Guest Eagan469

If anyone needs it, here's a zip with the Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium ROM (already patched to English), and my SRAM which has 77 created wrestlers:

left-click here to download

Just unzip both files to your SNES ROMS folder, start your emulator, choose the Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium ROM and you should be on your way :)

Guest Eagan469

If anyone needs it, here's a zip with the Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium ROM (already patched to English), and my SRAM which has 77 created wrestlers:

Just unzip both files to your SNES ROMS folder, start your emulator, choose the Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium ROM and you should be on your way :)

Guest razazteca

Would you believe I got a submission 30 seconds into the match with the Ankle Lock by Y. Fujiwara.

Guest areacode212

I figured these threads were as good as any to test out the new merging feature.

Anyway, you are a god among men. Maybe some of us can try out netplay sometime.

*goes to play SFPWXP*

Guest KanadianKrusty
Would you believe I got a submission 30 seconds into the match with the Ankle Lock by Y. Fujiwara.

I got worse that that, Kiyoshi Tamura once beat me in 11 seconds with some arm submission...

Guest razazteca

you are a genius

::Does the Rocky he's good applaud clap::

Fire Pro has to be my new fav game to play on an emulator now.

Guest LaParkaMarka

Well, this game looks like it could be fun. Course, I attempted to play and got my ass handed to me. How do you even play???

Guest KanadianKrusty
Well, this game looks like it could be fun. Course, I attempted to play and got my ass handed to me. How do you even play???

... probably because you tried the good ol' button-smashing method, fire Pro is about timing, I don't feel like explaining right now but I'm sure someone will.

Guest areacode212

It's all about timing your button presses. Unfortunately, the timing seems to be slightly different for all the different Fire Pro games I've played (GBA, Dreamcast, SNES) so far. Vader is kicking my ass right now (I managed to bodyslam him! Woohoo!)

Anyway, when you enter a grapple, try hitting [direction] + [x button] right when the wrestlers touch each other's shoulders. So, for most wrestlers, to do a bodyslam, it'll be Up + [sNES button X, which I have mapped to the 'A' key]. I'm sure there's a FAQ for this on GameFAQs.

You may also want to try downloading the ROMs for the Game Boy Advance Fire Pros. Dace59 still has the FPW2 rom on his Geocities site:

http://www.geocities.com/d_59uk/clips

Once you get that, you will want my famous color fix patch for it (as a rule, I must plug this every time Fire Pro comes up):

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?...ST&f=14&t=18455

Edited by areacode212

Guest razazteca

I think the GBA Fire Pro 2 game has a training mode so you can get use to the style of timed button offense.

Guest areacode212

OK, the button timing in this is almost exactly like the Dreamcast version. I just had a pretty sweet Benoit/Tenryu match with a ton of reversal sequences (I won with a Northern Lights Suplex).

Guest Dace59

Didn't know I still had that ROM up. Sweet.

I remeber getting used to the button timing too.