TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest realitycheck

What's your goal in the fed?

Guest realitycheck

I'll follow Dace's lead and try to get some conversation going on around here, yow. Who knows, maybe Thugg'll actually like this topic. ;)

Anyway... it's been a while since I've seen this asked; but the question is just what it says. What are your goal(s) for the fed? Where do you see yourself in one month? Six months?

Why, what are mine? So glad you asked!

-Although I'm on hiatus for the moment, I'd like to come back to activity and not have everything blow up this time around. Of course, whenver I come back, I want to actually write, so I wait paitently for my muse to return...

-I want to face Tom one more time, preferably on PPV. Okay, so it's not like there's any dramatic score-settling showdown needed between us anymore (The record's in his favor something like 2-4), but dammit, he's my favorite opponent of all-time and I'd like to get another shot like Absolution.

-I still want to have a tag match with Edwin. Although you could say I did that with War Games... but, well, he knows how that went. -_-

-I want all the JLers I book for to be pleased with my cards, and excited when they know I'm booking, so that way, never aware of the subterfuge I preform, so that I know I can count on many mindlessly loyal supporters when I begin my world conques--whoops. Probably said too much, there.

And finally, although it's not really about the fed, someday I'm going to clean house on Annie and Thoth in a fighting game showdown FOR THE AGES! Oh, it's coming someday. You know it. Neither of you will escape. Gya'hahahahahahaha!

Ahem. Well, that's me. How about you guys?

-Z

Guest El Luchadore Magnifico

Okay...

-I want to beat Thugg, in character, at least once. However, this goal is probably unattainable, as it doesn't look like he's coming back. Ah well.

-I want to gain the ability to write a decent promo and roleplay well enough to create a compelling storyline.

-When I'm finally done with writing, I'd like to be able to attain some sort of booking or marking position.

Hmm, those seem pretty good.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

-I'd like to book a JL card or two. I'm really enjoying being a marker down there and I can really see reitiring within the next year and hopefully joining the JLCC.

-I'd like to really get the storylines Tom and I, along with others have been talking about lately, off the ground and really have them make a good impact with the fed.

-I want to help elevate some people to the upper card before I hopefully go off for a nice stint in the main event. The upper card and main event is very nebulous right now and I'd like to help clarify that.

-I want to be a fighting champion on all levels and want to defend any and all titles as much as possible. Maybe taking a more active roll in my own booking and really get more storylines in gear would help this.

-I want Z to return so I can put him on the job train. I've been minus a good engineer since Ced retired.

Guest Grand Slam

Book a ton of cards that people love and will actually write for.

Maybe book a PPV once.

Help out as many people as possible with storylines and keep the fed exciting.

Keep the Fed alive. I love this place.

And maybe, just maybe, bring Grand Slam back for a match or two. I think I might have a couple in me.

Guest Dace59

I want to:

Get at least one title in the SJL, hopefully the World Title.

Finally burry the hatchet with Spike, probably in Spike's chest (Storyline wise)

Get bumped to the SWF and do well.

Have Danny kick my ass in a straight up match, just so I know I tried against him.

See one or two more Dream Matches come about.

Guest Beingz0wningj00

Be the meanest, most feared psychotic bastard you have ever seen.

Guest Freakish_Twist_Of_Fate
I want to finish the Edwin/Nathan feud.

That's it.

K.

Meh.

Silent / Fury.

That's all I'll say.

Guest The Last Free Voice

1: win a f***ing match.----- check

2: create an enjoyable charachter for others to watch

3: win a title

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

I'd like to someday return and maybe play around in the hardcore division, because that was a sort of match that I never really grasped. I wrote a flaming tables match, a Stairway to Hell(/panda) match, Wargames, and a slew of no-DQ, but aside from my minimal input to the final match with Raynor, never really got too hardcore with it.

I'd also like to finish the Edwin/Silent feud, but not the Edwin/Nathan feud, because come on, what kind of a name is Nathan?

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins
-I want all the JLers I book for to be pleased with my cards, and excited when they know I'm booking, so that way, never aware of the subterfuge I preform, so that I know I can count on many mindlessly loyal supporters when I begin my world conques--whoops. Probably said too much, there.

I thought you wanted goals that are at least capable of being accomplished? :blink:

Ok, let's see.

- I would like to write a match, and have it in EARLY.

- Somehow finish my feud with Dace with something bigger and badder then D@mnation in a Box. And WIN.

- Win a JL Title.

- Get bumped.

- Have TBS come out of retirment and beat him.

- Win a WF Title.

- Maybe get some of my storyline ideas going.

- Book and Mark for the JL.

- Become the main eventer I so think I am.

- Retire and get through school with at least an 80 average...

Guest Ace309

I want to:

- Write entertaining but psychologically sound matches that people enjoy reading.

- Win the World Title in a competitively-written match.

- Be a fighting champion and an active stable leader.

- Have a well-written, compelling angle that people can remember me for (and here I'm thinking of Silent/Edwin or Raynor/Edwin).

- Retire quietly by putting someone over.

- Somehow encourage someone to write one match that's better than it would have been.

- Beat King and Stevens in a euchre match with a partner of my choice.

Guest Thoth

If I return:

-Write regularly

-Live up to the hype that was "Thoth at the end of 2001" which was completely unfounded as I never broke upper mid-card except once on a triple no-show where I managed to get a title shot that I was not ready for and oh Jesus I am rambling like a motherfucker but what do you expect from a guy who owns a hair gel factory

-Get Spider back so I can do Thoth-Silent-Nekura 3-way HIAC which is what it was supposed to be

-Face King; we both show

-Win the goddamn title already

Guest WrestlingDeacon

Just so you Tom, I am a euchre god. I'm from Ohio, it's the state sport. I got your back, dog.

Guest Powerplay
Just so you Tom, I am a euchre god. I'm from Ohio, it's the state sport. I got your back, dog.

For reference, half the people in the world who play euchre are from 1) Canada 2) Ohio 3) Michigan, if not more. And you aren't allowed into my family without learning to play euchre.

Guest Ace309

Western New York is politically a part of Canada, so yes, suburban Buffalo (where euchre is practically a letter-bearing varsity sport) counts.

Guest midnight_burn

One last feud with Erek Taylor, our JL feud never really reached a satisfying conclusion as far as i'm concerned, Absolution wasn't even going to be the end of it, but things never worked out. And besides, i'd like to add 'Best SWF feud' to the 'Best JL Feud' award we got last time. Of course for it to happen we'd both have to return, and on my end at least that's highly unlikely.

::Dissapears back into the wilderness::

- Write a match that REMAINS under the word limit.

- Win a title with the opponent(s) showing up, and make it competetive.

- Win the JL world title, and get bumped soon after.

- Make my way up the ladder to hopefully get to the Main Event in the SWF.

- Not burn out.

- Turn face at some point.

- Plant the seeds for, and actually follow through on some storyline ideas I've got.

Guest TheBostonStrangler

I've always said I would come back for one final run, and although that might not happen, I still have a ton of things I wanna do in my last run.

- Feud with Erek Taylor again. That feud was SO much fun to write. I just wanna beat him straight-up, no jobs, nothing. That loss to him in the Street Fight is the one loss that I've never truly gotten over, and I'd kill to have another shot at him.

- Feud with Chris Wilson. You either love him or you hate him, and I think that a TBS/Wilson feud would rock the house. Here's hoping it happens someday.

- TBS vs. HVT. Too bad we'll never see that one. I still think that if Thugg and I had done a feud together, the promos never would have stopped. Plus, who wouldn't love seeing a 300 pound HOSS~! and a 450 pound MEGAHOSS~! go at it? Wait...everyone but Thor and Vinny Mac would hate it? Ah well, screw them.

- TBS vs. Perfect Bo. Just to do NYC vs. Boston.

- I always wanted to book SJL and SWF cards, and now I'm doing both, so there's nothing that I can really hope for in that department. Although, as Mark said, it would be very cool to get to book an SWF PPV someday.

- Another feud with Brimstone! The first one brought down the house!

OK, fine, not that one. Seriously, you people are harsh...

Guest CED Ordonez

- Return to the JL for personal re-seasoning and character re-definition.

- Actually win a JL title before being bumped.

- Re-enter the WF

- Avoid the job train enough times to make it to the upper-midcard.

- If that all works out, I might as well go for the big World belt.

Guest Evolution

I could care less if I never win a match*, I just want to keep my creative juices flowing.

* this statement was a lie

Never was around long enough to want to be in a feud with someone again, and the one person that even comes close to meeting that criteria has apparently moved on to bigger and better things since I departed in April of 2002.

I guess I'll wuss out and say that I hope I win a title. There.

Guest Suicide King

My goals? First and foremost to not drive the fed into the ground. Second, to somehow change the mentality that matches are chores to write, and instead make it so that matches are fun to write.

Guest Freakish_Twist_Of_Fate

Hmm... Goals.

- To decide: Fury, or Storm?

- To win a consistent string of matches...

- Hell... To -write- a consistent string of matches!

- If I were to bring Fury back, I'd like to rekindle a feud with the Clan, that is, any members that return.

- Go a show or two without going against Blackwell! (Y)

I think that's it.

Guest Kibagami
I'd also like to finish the Edwin/Silent feud, but not the Edwin/Nathan feud, because come on, what kind of a name is Nathan?

Edwin FEARS Nathan.

K.