TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest vitriol

Promo: The radio is a fiend!

Guest vitriol

And thus, we fade in. From the distance, a voice carries a message to our Sherwood Fable. He hears a faint voice, and moves closer to that direction. Again, he hears a faint voice...a bit louder this time. He begins running in the direction, stopping only to look at some flowers on the ground nearby. He has a tendency to get side-tracked like that...but soon he is off again in a hurry, rushing toward Stillwell with a rapid pace. He yells at the treehouse, but there is no response. He’s run out of options. Confused, he decides to head up to the treehouse anyway.

“Hmm...perhaps Stillwell is trying to hide from me. You shan’t discourage me, you...I shall find you Stillwell!”

As he rushes up the tree in a bizarre manner, he nearly falls off thrice before reaching the apex. And so he steps into the treehouse, unable to find his lost companion. But, never fear...for he has an idea! He sees the brand new radio that Stillwell brought for him today. You see, Stillwell brought two of them from home and quickly taught Tristan how to use it, in the hopes that he would stop randomly yelling for him in New Age Sherwood; so far, it hasn’t worked at all. Tristan quickly forgot how to use it, and has since begun trying to force it to do things for him like some sort of subordinate. He doesn’t understand...but he tries his best.

“Hmm...talking box, fetch me Stillwell!”

Tryst waits for a moment, but begins to get irritated when the radio doesn’t follow his orders.

“You know, I run things around here...and if you expect to stay around for a while, you’re going to have to start doing what you’re told. For all I know, you could be a spy from Nottingham. I know that Stillwell trusts you, but I fear that he may have been led astray....by a FIEND!”

Tristan quickly unsheathes his sword and raises it high into the air, staring wide-eyed at the radio, which obviously hasn’t moved or had movement of any sort. Narrowing his eyes, Tristan makes a demand to the radio.

“...speak or die, little one.”

As the radio doesn’t respond, Tryst prepares to attack...just as the lovable Stillwell enters the fray!

“Tristan, what the hell are you doing?!”

Tristan stops and turns, seeing Stillwell at the doorway.

“Ah, my good Stillwell. I have searched far and wide for you, friend. I had asked this magic being of yours to fetch you for me, but he refused me. I believe you may have brought a spy from Nottingham into our hideout, friend.”

“Tristan...sometimes I swear you have the mind of a five year old.”

There is a quick silence...in which Tristan looks a bit confused, even bordering on a bit angry...sort of like George W. Bush in contemplation.

“What exactly do you mean by that, Stillwell?”

Stillwell sighs and lets the subject drop.

“Nothing. Nevermind. Now what did you want with me?”

“...I heard you calling to me. What will you ask for me?”

“Uh...I didn’t call you, Tryst. I didn’t even know you were here. After all, those little league kids are down in the park below.”

“The assassins? I shall have their heads!”

Tristan starts to rush out, but Stillwell stops him by putting his arm in front of his chest.

“Not so fast, my man...if you go rushing out there with your sword again, you’ll be arrested. Those kids were pretty freaked out when you chased them around the park before...”

“They were fiends, Stillwell. I expect you not to second guess me. They were fiends, and you know it. I saved your life from those assassins!”

Stillwell sighs, and turns to walk away, but Tristan stops him.

“Where are you going?

“I have to go do some research for you. Apparently there is another superhero in the SJL...David Blazenwing.”

Tristan looks shocked. He puts his sword away, and sits in a chair behind him...dazing down to the ground, he shakes his head in amazement.

“Blazenwing....he is no hero. I know that name. He works for the sheriff...I’m certain of it. And I shall stop him...”

“Uh yeah...whatever. Anyway, I gotta go. I’ll be back later.”

As Stillwell leaves out of the treehouse and heads off into the distance, Tristan merely stares forward, muttering a bit under his breath.

“...Blazenwing....fiend...”

Tryst turns to the radio again, having forgotten about their ‘disagreement’ from earlier.

“...talking box, fetch me that wretched BLAZENWING!!!(echo)”

Fade to black.

Guest The Last Free Voice

*Gedddion thinks* man this guy makes me seem boring.

Guest Freakish_Twist_Of_Fate

Tryst is a truly twisted and bizarre individual...

Keep it up, man! (Y)

Guest realitycheck

...bahahahahahahahahaha, that's GOLD. Seriously. The visual image of Tryst leaning over, threatening a radio will haunt/entertain me for a while, now. As well as the line...

There is a quick silence...in which Tristan looks a bit confused, even bordering on a bit angry...sort of like George W. Bush in contemplation.

Heh. The little narritive quips in the prose are magnificent as well, as I think I've mentioned before. Good stuff. Keep it up!

-Z

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

[ElvisCostello]So you had better do what you were toooold.

You better listen to the radiooo-oooo.

Radio radio!![/ElvisCostello]

Guest Ace309

Damn impressive. I doubt your n00b sincerity more every time you write.

I did like how you worked Blazenwing in at the end, although you could have tried to demonize him more.

Guest Crowe

Hahahahaha.

Watch out Blazenwing, an arrow in the ass shall be coming your way soon...

Guest Death by Numbers

First off...Tryst, awsome Promo. Now people know why I'm afraid of him in that Drunk match. He writes funny, something that I have yet to show. The radio is a FIEND (That was Classic)

Blazenwing...the reason you are involved in this promo, indirectly, is because you are 'another' hero, just like Robin Hood was. Tryst is like a hero, you defend the weak, just like Robin Hood.

Tryst helps people = Hero

Blazenwing helps people = Hero

Two egos of heros in one business = Priceless and problems.

DBN

Sign in to follow this