TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Superstar

OAOAST Roster Split~!

Should the OAOAST do a Roster Split?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should the OAOAST do a Roster Split?

• Yes
    • No

Guest The Superstar

Give your reasons why/why not here.

Basically, it would freshen things up. Since we have around 35 characters at our disposal, that leaves over 15 per show, more than enough, while giving everyone great exposure. New guys are immediately elevated. We could have the World and Tag Titles float, and the other titles on one of the shows, to be determined later. We could do this "gimmicked", for example:

IntenseZone: "old school" feel, more wrestling, North American Title

HeldDOWN: "Sports entertainment", more promo/angle-centric, X Championship

or, we could just do it randomly, with no predetermined draft. Just something like:

IntenseZone selects Angle-plex!

HeldDOWN picks Kotzenjunge!

So, yes or no, why, and if yes, what way you would want it.

Guest Hot NewzWIRE~!

SWEEEEEEEEEET ASSSSSSSS DUDE I EANM ROLFMOA!!!!!!!! hisnt anc be KEWL~ ef I am on da sohw WITH ZAC KATTACK!!~!1111`2`32412412231

Guest Angle-plex

I'd like it too. I was going to do something INSANE~ after AM II, but if this roster split thing goes through, I might wait a while........

Anyways, would we have an IntenseZone World Title and a HeldDown World Title?

Guest The Superstar

It's possible, but it'd be more "prestigious" (as prestigious as an e-fed title can be) to have just one champion, floating. I don't know, it could work either way.

Guest Zack Malibu

I would be for the split. I have talked with Agnes and SS on IM, and have mentioned the ideas for the distinguised identities of the shows (old school vs. SE) and for the way the champions are distinguished. I'm not sure how we should do a draft though, since there are certain guys I'd like to work with.

All in all though, a split could make for good times. And we'd all still be together in the thread.

Guest Angle-plex

I think 2 different title would be a better idea. That way you could have two big championship angles running at the same time instead of one, which would help elevate more people.

Guest SP-1

Zack and I were chatting about this and I like the idea as long as the champions are floating. WWE has only recently gotten it to feel right for me with seperate World and Tag titles. I'd much rather see ours float (if the writers choose to work both shows).

I think there should be a time limit of how long somebody has to serve on a show before jumping though. And there needs to be someone waiting in the wings to trade over from the other show. To keep it balanced.

Guest The Superstar

Yeah, if we do "trade" or "jump" at all, it'd be after a "settling in" period. And while Agnes does bring up a good point about a World Title per show elevating people, I'm leaning toward more of a "One Company, one champion" idea.

And as for booking, we could take Tony's original idea, modified a little bit:

IZ: BPP & Sandman.

HD: Zack & Superstar.

Or, if we're worried everyone would want to work with a certain booker and not with another, we could change things around a little bit :)

Guest Big Poppa Popick

So, Myself and Superstar sat down and had a conversation, and we would like to deliver this Proposal to everyone...I guess Old School and New School have worked out a system we BOTH like

1) IntenseZone acts as the Flagship Monday Night Show, with everyone more than encourage to appear, promote, wrestle, and fight each other. Most PPV matches would get build on IZ. More emphasis placed on match writing and serious promos.

2) HeldDOWN~!!! returns as our Weekend Show, where storylines are present from IZ, but also HeldDOWN~!!! would have its own storylines and present matches to the PPV. More emphasis and comedy, shorter matches, and wacky antics.

3) PPV's remain the same.

4) Organizationally Speaking, IZ retains its Structured BPP/Zack/Sandman shows as per the current schedule. HeldDOWN~!!! is organzined by Superstar, who may or may not need another commissioner to help out.

5) Champs, feuds, everything can flow between both shows.

6) We hope everyone is a part of both shows, but if you can only do 1 show for a particular week, that's fine by us too.

7) Both shows have equal footing with us, for IZ is the newer OaOasT and HeldDOWN allows everyone to kick it old school

Both Superstar and I are really happy about this...quite happy. So Unless anyone's got mad problems...why don't we have this new schedule of programming take effect after AM II

Not to spoil any suprises, but we have a MAJOR, MAJOR debut coming up from a TSM MainStay that will shock your world. It's doesn't get much bigger than this guy...and his debut can mark the beginning of our 2 shows of programming

Yup, so there it is

Rock on~!

Guest Big Poppa Popick

its moreso that the roster split really confines people to feud with, and we've found difficulty handling feuds with that few people, but allowing everyone ot feud, it makes it much easier for people to get into ideas they like... ;)

so in essence, were combining alot of revisionist ideas into one

Guest The Superstar
2) HeldDOWN~!!! returns as our Weekend Show, where storylines are present from IZ, but also HeldDOWN~!!! would have its own storylines and present matches to the PPV. More emphasis and comedy, shorter matches, and wacky antics.

Actually, I'll have to think about the day. I was originally thinking Saturday, which gives me friday night (since i never do anything :)) and early saturday to write last-minute stuff, but I might do it on Thursday.

Also, when it says "shorter" matches, I don't mean jobber squashes, I mean, like the OLD OAOAST (yes, I love it~) where matches would be a page at the VERY, VERY most. Just to the point, 3 paragraph matches, or something. And maybe not so much Comedy (as there would be plenty), but promo/angle-centric.

Guest Angle-plex

Sorry to be a bitch again, but I have some things to respond to at Superstar's and BBP's plan.

1) IntenseZone acts as the Flagship Monday Night Show, with everyone more than encourage to appear, promote, wrestle, and fight each other. Most PPV matches would get build on IZ. More emphasis placed on match writing and serious promos.

We already have that though. All you would have to do is change RtAM's name to Heldown.

3) PPV's remain the same.

I have no problem with that.

5) Champs, feuds, everything can flow between both shows.

I don't really have a problem with this. However, if we had 2 World Titles, that would mean 2 big world title feuds going on at the same time, thus elevating more people.

6) We hope everyone is a part of both shows, but if you can only do 1 show for a particular week, that's fine by us too.

Uh.....that defeats the purpose of the whole split. This was supposed to make less people on both shows to give a chance for the enormous amount of new guys to start high on the card.

Not to spoil any suprises, but we have a MAJOR, MAJOR debut coming up from a TSM MainStay that will shock your world. It's doesn't get much bigger than this guy...and his debut can mark the beginning of our 2 shows of programming

Great! We should do a REAL roster split so this guy can have a Scott Steiner like "what side will he choose" storyline.

So basically all I'm saying is this plan doesn't really change anything. It's just renaming Road To Anglemania II to Heldown.

*Note: I'm sorry for bitching again, but I want you all to know this probably won't benefit me to much either way. I'm just trying to get the new guys interested enough not to stop posting here.

Guest The Superstar

You know, now that I think about it, maybe a roster split COULD work with this new setup.

Basically, we could ask everyone what they prefer: IZ (serious, longer matches, etc.), HeldDOWN (Crazy shit, old school, short matches, promo/angle-centric), or indifference. We could just draft from there, with everyone going to the show they WANT to be included in, and then the 'indifferent' people being drafted. It'd be the best of both worlds.

EDIT: of course, if this interferes with angles, we could have everyone in the angle on the show it's going to be on :)

Guest Angle-plex

Since I'm bored, here is how I would do the roster split.

IntenseZone Bookers are Big Poppa Popick and Sandman

Heldown Bookers are Superstar and ZackMalibu

PPVs are Tony

Anglesault looks over everything to make sure it's running smoothly.

Zack, SS, SM, and BBP could get together and come to a good decision on the rosters. If you don't like the show you are on when it gets announced, I'm sure the bookers could move you.

The OAOAST World Title can be on both shows, since that seems to be what everybody wants. The North American Title goes to IZ. The X title renames to the TV Title and goes to HD. Tag Titles go on both shows as well.

PPVs would be both brands. Interpromotional matches would happen ocasionally, but not often.

If there is a big title feud on one brand, the other brand can have a big feud about who the number 1 contender will be the NEXT month. This gives more people opportunities to go after the belt at a PPV.

HD doesn't have to be "old school" or "new school". Both brands can be very much alike, just with different people.

This plan would help the following:

1) New guys would get a much higher position on the card

2) More people get big time title shots/feuds

3) When a new guy enters the OAOAST, a "what brand will he pick" story would make him/her seem VERY important. An excellent way to debut anyone.

4) Feuds would be easier to follow. Having only 6 segments a show is easier to read than a show with 15 segments.

5) Fresh feuds could be created through trading.

6) If someone starts to get board with the OAOAST, they could be traded to the other show to freshen things up.

Probably some more things as well.

I really like Angle-Plex's setup. However I think the two shows should be a little different, if only so that they both have something unique about them.

Would you really need alternating number one contenders? What if the champion is having a hot feud with a guy on IZ? Why should that be killed off just so a guy on HD can get a shot?

Guest What?

I like AP's idea, except for the "new guy/which show?!" idea. After awhile, that would become an incredible bore, yah know?

But the rest? Good as gold, solid as silver.

Guest The Superstar

Yeah, the two shows definitely need a distinct flavor. But you know what? I think that not only should HeldDOWN be a beckoning to the early OAOAST days, but it should live up to its name. The HeldDOWN 'brand' should be home to new talent, thus the "held down" name. As a separate brand, we can build these new wrestlers up until they are main eventers themselves. That way, you can 'watch' IZ for the current main eventers, and 'watch' HeldDOWN for the stars on the rise.

EDIT: For the most part, anyway. I mean, if someone wants to be on a more serious show, go ahead. I just prefer working with new people more :)

Guest Angle-plex
However I think the two shows should be a little different, if only so that they both have something unique about them.

Hm....you're probably right. I guess the "old school" vs "new school" thing could work.

Would you really need alternating number one contenders? What if the champion is having a hot feud with a guy on IZ? Why should that be killed off just so a guy on HD can get a shot?

Another good point. We'd need to figure out who gets to be #1 contender each month though.

except for the "new guy/which show?!" idea. After awhile, that would become an incredible bore, yah know?

Yeah I didn't mean we do that EVERY time, but it would be a great introduction angle for somebody every few months or so.

Yeah, the two shows definitely need a distinct flavor. But you know what? I think that not only should HeldDOWN be a beckoning to the early OAOAST days, but it should live up to its name. The HeldDOWN 'brand' should be home to new talent, thus the "held down" name. As a separate brand, we can build these new wrestlers up until they are main eventers themselves. That way, you can 'watch' IZ for the current main eventers, and 'watch' HeldDOWN for the stars on the rise.

EDIT: For the most part, anyway. I mean, if someone wants to be on a more serious show, go ahead. I just prefer working with new people more :)

Not a bad idea. If we do the split what happens when someone new joins? Would they automatically join HD? Wouldn't HD get a little over crowded then? Or would we take Plex's suggestion and run the storyline where the two brands fight over the new guy?

Guest The Superstar

Well, that's what I'm saying, ALL the new guys wouldn't go to HD. Because yeah, it WOULD get overcrowded. I mean, we don't HAVE to do it that way...HeldDOWN will just be for people looking for old school fun and entertainment.

Plus, the return of the OAOAST 24/7 TITLE~!

Guest Tony149

I love the idea. This was something I really wanted to try before I 'stepped down.' The OAOAST World & Tag Team titles should float.

One small problem: Shouldn't each brand have their own PPV, while the big 4 (AP, AM, the GAB & AngleSlam) should be inter-promotional?

Also, since the General Discussion fourm isn't busy, we could give that folder to the HeldDOWN crew. Meaning we re-name GD to OAOAST HeldDOWN; OAOAST forum to OAOAST IZ. All TV/PPVs would still go into the archives.

If we agree to this, we should do an angle that causes the split before/after AM II. Then we could do a draft/select rosters.

Guest SP-1

::SP's computer analyzes all the data.

His graphics program tries to destroy itself::

j/k I'd actually like trying to create a feeling of two different brands as far as graphics go.

I like the ideas personally, of the distinct flavors between the two shows and all. But I also really think the World and Tag titles need to float.

And please put me on the 'serious' show. I'll go nuts if I can't be dramatic. :)

Guest Zack Malibu

I call for a split post AngleMania. And I don't think that one show should be strictly for the new guys...a split would automatically open up slots for them.

I don't think ANY teams should be split during this draft. Our tag division is only recently heating up, so teams should be drafted as a whole. The only thing I can think of is maybe break up Eskimo and JINGUS that way, since Eskimo himself said he might try solo.

I am firmly behind the split, and think it's a great way to both renew and gain interest from those currently involved, as well as any future members of the fed.

Guest Tony149

What about the PPVs? I think giving 4 PPVs to each roster is a good idea. The Big 4 PPVs would be inter-promotional. Once we settle the PPV issue, we'll be set.

Guest Zack Malibu

Seperate PPV's would be good, as that way not everyone is scrambling to get stuff done every month. And the downtime one side of the roster has can be used to further the angles, etc...that way things don't appear rushed.

Guest Big Poppa Popick

okay this ideas does give us time to develop

i do believe in ONE world champion though...and he should float...sadly theres this angle already planned post am2, the only angle, which involves it, which takes it away from one side to the other...

I say this...guess what? World champ? oh he floats...and its expected that anyone whos after him can follow him around

id like to have an option where while both shows have "rosters" cross-brand feuds CAN and DO happen, i dont see these being frequent or innudating, but i do like the idea of being able to feud with anyone I want

and this is just my personal case, but at the moment, I've got mad issues with Sandman, ZsasZ, and Kotzenjunge to an extent. I'm also deeply rooted in getting AngleSault and the title belt separated, and still have this ongoing sidebar feud with angle-plex

you guys think we can include that kinda option for those of us who would like to participate in both shows to some degree?

btw...

old school vs. new school angle?

that would rock, and i bet we could make it kinda work too

Sign in to follow this