TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Electrifyer

"Game delayed as players gag, cough"

Guest The Electrifyer

I didn't get to watch the game, but I found this story pretty interesting:

Game delayed as players gag, cough

Posted: Friday March 07, 2003 10:34 PM

BOSTON (AP) -- The Boston Celtics suddenly evacuated their bench between periods of their game against the Los Angeles Clippers on Friday night when an unknown substance made it difficult for them to breathe. The game was delayed for nine minutes.

"Everybody started coughing," center Mark Blount said. "I felt like I was going to throw up, man."

Boston had a 60-50 lead after three quarters when the Celtics players and staff suddenly got up and walked across the floor. Fans in the sections behind the bench were breathing through their shirts and jackets.

There was no odor. Police and security checked the area about three rows behind the bench, but didn't appear to find anything.

Security officials would not comment.

"It didn't smell. I just couldn't breathe," forward Mark Bryant said.

The game resumed at 10:03 p.m., with an announcement over the public address system: "Fans, officials ask that you please refrain from throwing things at the floor."

Link here: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketbal...ers_celtics_ap/

Guest Polish_Rifle

My Clippers stunk up the joint again with their selfish play. That's probabrly what the Celtic players smelled.

Guest Youth N Asia

If the terrorist were going to launch an attack...wouldn't a Clippers game be about the worst place to do it? I mean no one shows up for those.

Guest kingkamala

It was at the Fleet Center Youth N'Asia, now if it was at the Staples Center though ;)

Guest Choken One

I was watching the game and it was odd...they were playing and BOOM the celtics all got up and fleed the benches. It was odd. They kept saying it was a foul stench...I stupidly thought "Did Walker Rip one or something?" but it appeared more scary afterwards.

Apprently, It was 4 prankers emitting pepper spray and they are looking for them.

Guest Youth N Asia
It was at the Fleet Center Youth N'Asia, now if it was at the Staples Center though ;)

Shhhhhh...the joke works better when you don't say that :D