TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest realitycheck

One year ago...

Guest realitycheck

Hey, it's one year anniversary time! That's right, exactly one year ago, it was the spectacular, unforgettable debut of...

...MEEEEEEEEEEEE~! Oh yeah, and some "Superior One" dork who wrote his first match in all commentary, and this puro guy who looked like Mitsuhara Misawa's clone. Can't say I remember what happened to them, though. ;)

Seriously, though, I find it kind of hard to believe it's been a year already. Doesn't really feel that way... anyway, for nostalgia's sake, here's the first card we were all booked on.

SJL Crimson Card, Saturday March 9th

Jew Date: 3pm Saturday BT

Arena: Adelaide Entertainment Centre, Adelaide, Australia!

Commentators: No Sacred for this show, yo.

The Australian Tour's second last show. Say bye bye to the tag/stables titles soon.

Singles Match - Send to Suicide King

"Deathwish" Danny Williams vs. "The Superior One" Tom Flesher

- Two newbies, both putting nicknames before their real names. Erm, yeah. Fight.

- Word Limit: 3000

First Pin Wins Match - Send to Zero_Cool

The Dark Reaper vs. Cutthroat vs. Z

- Reaper and Cutthroat locked up on Metal, with Reaper proving victorious. Can he do it again, with newbie Z thrown into the mix?

- Word Limit: 3500

TV Title Match - Send to HVilleThugg

Shawn Brody © vs. Mike Van Siclen

- These two have been at each other's throats the last few weeks, and now it's time to decide if MVS can grab back his TV title. Hmm...

- Word Limit: 4000

Singles Match - Send to Suicide King

Mafia vs. Ced Ordonez

- Ced managed to pull off what most would consider an upset on Metal, managing to get the best of Mafia, TomCat and Josh Tupper. Mafiaa gets his chance for retribution here.

- Word Limit: 4000

SWF Contract Tournament:

Bye To The Finals: Lady Red & Erek Taylor

No DQ Match - Send to Edwin MacPhisto

Low Brass vs. Ash Ketchum

- These two XF9ers have butted heads numerous times in the past, and they will go at it one more time. No rules should make things interesting. The winner will face another XF9er for a SWF contract - Erek Taylor.

- Word Limit: 6000

Ah, such humble beginnings. Actually, just looking at that card, there are only 4 guys on it still active. But just to think of what it all led to! The Z and Ced Connection! Floru green tights! A "Street Fighter" Street Fight! Titles, big wins, and much success! (For Tom and Danny) Copious no-shows and some really sweet promos! (For me~!)

Oh, the memories.

-Z

Guest Ace309

5, Zed. There are 5 still active.

Ah, yes. Shawn Brody. Lady Red. Erek Taylor. Lob Wrass.

Those were the days.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

My one year anniversary should be coming up soon. I forget when exactly, but soon.

Guest CED Ordonez

What ever happened to Shawn Brody? I was supposed to my first major feud against him for the TV Title, but he disappeared off the face of the SWF universe before it could even begin.

Days when I was higher on the card than Danny and Tom and my record was an impressive 4 and 0. *sniff* Thems was good times, by golly.

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

Oi, Danny is a KAWADA ripoff, only with elbows.

...God, get it right.

Guest 5_moves_of_doom
What ever happened to Shawn Brody? I was supposed to my first major feud against him for the TV Title, but he disappeared off the face of the SWF universe before it could even begin.

Well, his post count gives him the title "Heat" under his avatar. Now, take a guess who he is.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

A week from today will be the two year anniversary of Edwin. Ah, the good ol' days.

Guest Coffin Surfer
Oi, Danny is a KAWADA ripoff, only with elbows.

...God, get it right.

Actually back then I was a generic junior wrestler. Damn, I even used a STF, what the hell was I thinking.

Than I started using elbows and head drops in the Rickman fued.

Than I quit, and came back as an unintentional Mastao Tanaka ripoff (Thunderfire Bombs and Elbows)

Realizing what I done, I switched to the more original Kawada/Misawa hybrid.

Now I'd say Danny has developed into a much more individual. I still use Misawa/Kawada move set in some regards, but lately I've been more like a Jumbo, Stan Hansen, motivated Beniot or Taue in terms of match building and persona.

Guest Ace309

I should point out that my screening match was written in all commentary, with no spacing between paragraphs.

Yup. It sucked THAT much.

Guest AnnieEclectic

wow. the SWF Contract tourney. Where the hell did K-Os run off to anyway?

And within the span of a year:

Flesher debuted, ransacked the JL, got bumped a month after the tournament, tagged with me in his first match....

and then go on to nearly rule the WF with an iron fist.

... grarg, heh. Now I -really- have to return. bleh.

-Annie

Guest Beingz0wningj00

K-Os got suspended after I kicked his ass... then I got stripped of the US title... BASTARDS!!!

Guest Ash Ketchum

Damn, that seems so long ago!!!!

Then again, I've been here 2 years and 10 days... which makes me here longer than Edwin.

Now THAT makes me feel old ^_^ ;)

Guest Beingz0wningj00

Yeah Ash... I've been here longer then you. Think how old I feel. ;)