TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Goodear

Here's an idea for March

Guest Goodear

How about in the month of March we take some of the SWF lower and midcard and jam them in with the SJL uppercard for say a nice 16 man tornement? With the SWF as thin as it is and the SJL as packed to the gills as it is, this could be a really nice way of CC to get maybe a better idea of what the JLers can do while shaking up the SWF lower card a bit. Maybe put a US or ICTV Title shot on the line and you can get some hungry JLers ready to kill in order to get the wins.

Guest Powerplay

Personally, I think we need organization and scheduling. Like, many more belt defenses and maybe a set schedule of belt defenses. A tournament would be cool, but I know that it would seriously hurt some of us (Read: ME) if we lost fairly or out of a freak accident to a JLer. I think we need another two bumps and a major organization meeting sometime soon to give everyone some direction somewhere. A lot of people, due to retirements or titles being tied up, are just drifting, and that needs to change.

Guest Dace59

Hey Judge, what's wrong with me kicking your ass for once?

Or would you feel better if me and Crow where locked in a cage with you and any weapons we wanted?

Guest Beingz0wningj00

Tourneys are fun.. We need a more solidified WF/JL title reigns as is.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

I've got to side with Judge. We need to get as many people as we can in chat one night with the CC running things and putting it all in order. Just talking out fundamental scheduling, feuds, hiearchy in the fed. A tournament would just muddle things more without a basic template for the coming months in place.

Guest Grand Slam

As a member of CC (and the one in charge of scheduling), I can tell you that a consistent, postable schedule is not only in the works, but just waiting on approval. The schedule(s) go through the end of May, and once a method is picked, I should be able to publish a schedule through the end of the year.

Feuds and hierarchy are a whole different matter...

Guest Goodear
Feuds and hierarchy are a whole different matter...

Like wouldn't these things sort of be up to the individual talents of the writer? I would rather not get pushed into a feud with some one based on group fiat if I could help it. Plus, the idea of an editorially dictated heirarchy would suck a dick if you aren't placed on the top of the heap to be honest.

Guest Powerplay
Hey Judge, what's wrong with me kicking your ass for once?

Or would you feel better if me and Crow where locked in a cage with you and any weapons we wanted?

How bout we do an old school match instead. None of that New Japan stuff, only hammerlocks, headlocks, armbars, a suplex here or there, and maybe a figure four thrown in :P.

Guest Kibagami

::hits Judge with a light tube before Demonstaring him onto a weedwhacker::

K.

Guest Tyler McClelland

Oh God. Tournaments are teh suq, unless they are outside and independent of regular shows.

Guest Goodear

<Holds up sign> Judge Fears Wacking!

<Pulls up another one> Dace Fears the WHIZZER!

Guest Edwin MacPhisto
Like wouldn't these things sort of be up to the individual talents of the writer? I would rather not get pushed into a feud with some one based on group fiat if I could help it. Plus, the idea of an editorially dictated heirarchy would suck a dick if you aren't placed on the top of the heap to be honest.

Ejiro, I think that's Mark's point exactly, and perhaps his sly way of saying that the fed needs more people to actively get going with storylines, feuds, and so on. As long as I've been involved with the fed, back to the IGN days, the mission statement has always been that we'd never have anyone except yourself decide your storylines and character. Fear not. It's one of the things that, even in downtimes, make this fed better than almost any other on the net.

Guest Goodear

I got that impression Edwin, I just wasn't positive so I thought I would throw my two cents in rather than just letting it hang out there.

Guest Grand Slam

That is exactly what I meant. I had a whole section written about the "determine your own destiny" thing, but thought I would leave it a little more open. Besides, I thought I would save the lecturing for my "Open Letter"...

Guest WrestlingDeacon

I wasn't saying that the CC should dictate hierarchy and feuds. I was saying that we all need to get together, the fed as a whole, and between us all try to hash out storyline, feuds and angles with the CC just monitoring things. The reason nothing ever gets done between characters is that communication is poor. Better communication needs to be fostered.

As for the hierarchy, one does exist and if you don't think so you're a moron. That doesn't mean that you are wedged into a slot forever. The main event and upper card is completely filled with holes right now and some elevation of the myriad of mid-carders need to take place. Decisions need to be made on who should be elevated and steps made through booking, storyline and feuds do such.

Guest Goodear

I know there's a hierarchy so no moron am I, Frost. But said hierarchy is in place purely because the writing skills of the people involved and not because we all made the decision to make (for example) Danny a main eventer and pushed him that way.

Anyway, I'm probably overly sensitive to the hierarchy thing since I've been the victim of a whole lot of situations (not here BTW) where my characters got pounded to death and back because "they weren't main eventers". And let me just say that for the amount of work I put into these things nothing sucks more. Nothing makes you want to quit more than have your character dismissed as a 'jobber'.

Guest Suicide King

You have no idea how badly I want to edit every single thing you've ever done and replace it with "jobber," Ejiro. ;)

Guest Goodear

Well, uhmmmm ...

(think of a comeback damnit!)

(ahh there's one)

I'm still your small intestines, King! Don't make me mad! You know what will happen.

(that'll teach him)

:D