TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Joe casey shitcanned from uncanny x-men

http://www.comicon.com/cgi-bin....=000762

"Creator Chuck (War Machine) Austen has confirmed for Newsarama that he is slated to take over the regular writing cores of Uncanny X-Men with July's issue #410 (explanation of that in a moment), taking over for the exiting Joe Casey and joining regular artist Ron Garney.

As it stands, according to Austen, Uncanny X-Men will be going bi-weekly from #407- #412 to replace the annual. Joe Casey’s final issue will be #409, and Austen will begin with #410 in July."

Guest areacode212

Yeah, I just read this at Newsarama too. Does anyone have any thoughts on Chuck Austin as a writer? I'm only familiar with his art in Elektra.

Yeah, I just read this at Newsarama too. Does anyone have any thoughts on Chuck Austin as a writer? I'm only familiar with his art in Elektra.

His War Machine series was good but his Gambit two-parter (written on the orders of JQ and BJ) in Ultimate X-Men was rather bland...

Guest Sassquatch

"Ding dong the bitch is dead.

Which old bitch

Casey the evil bitch"

FINALLY!!

I stopped reading Uncanny a LONG time ago but I looked at Casey's X-Men and I nearly threw up.

Austin's the new "Hot stuff" writer and seems like he's got SOMETHING going on except that his War Machine mini was VERY out there and seemed at times to be nothing but violence for the sake of violence and just kind've came off as sleazy to me.  I didn't really like it and felt that War Machine could've been written better than what it was.

But I'll take just about ANYONE over Casey right now so with that said, I'll give Austin a chance.

"Ding dong the bitch is dead.

Which old bitch

Casey the evil bitch"

FINALLY!!

I stopped reading Uncanny a LONG time ago but I looked at Casey's X-Men and I nearly threw up.

Austin's the new "Hot stuff" writer and seems like he's got SOMETHING going on except that his War Machine mini was VERY out there and seemed at times to be nothing but violence for the sake of violence and just kind've came off as sleazy to me.  I didn't really like it and felt that War Machine could've been written better than what it was.

But I'll take just about ANYONE over Casey right now so with that said, I'll give Austin a chance.

War Machine was supposed to be cheesy 1970s Robot/Zentai Anime sleaze violence. That was the whole point of the series......

Guest Sassquatch

Uh huh, I see.

Well, whatever, that's fine and well.

Just count me out as one the people that did NOT enjoy the War Machine mini.

Hopefully Austin will bring some fuckin life to Uncanny once again now that Casey got shitcanned.

I'm willing to give the guy a chance with Uncanny and hope that he is successful in his new position.

Guest Vyce

I'm not terribly familiar with Casey's past work, so I'll just have to ask - has he always been this bad?

I mean, I'll take Casey over Claremont at this point, but Joe's run on Uncanny has been rather bad if you ask me.  Stacy X is maybe the worst new X-man I think I've seen in quite some time.  Give me Maggot and Marrow over her, any day of the week.