TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest kkktookmybabyaway

Missing teen found alive

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

MSNBC/FOX are reporting that Elizabeth Smart, who had been missing for some time now, has been found alive.

More details as they come in. Damn, it's not often that a story gives me chills, but this is one of those times...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...elizabeth_smart

SALT LAKE CITY - Elizabeth Smart, the 15-year-old girl who vanished from her bedroom nearly eight months ago, was found alive Wednesday during a traffic stop in suburban Salt Lake City, police said.

"Miracles do exist," said the girl's uncle, Tom Smart.

The girl was found in the car of a drifter who was pulled over in a traffic stop Wednesday afternoon, Sandy police spokeswoman Michelle Burnette said.

"Two separate women called in and said they thought they had spotted `Emmanuel,'" she said. Emmanuel, whose real name is Brian David Mitchell, once did work on the Smart's home.

Guest HartFan86

Whoa...that fucking shocked me when my MSN messanger popped up saying "Elizabeth Smart found alive." I thought she was dead as dead could be. Great news.

Guest HartFan86

Even more weird was she was found in Utah, the state she lived in. Me thinks that the guy left Utah for 9 months, and recently came back to the place and boo ya. He's arrested.

Guest Anglesault
Even more weird was she was found in Utah, the state she lived in. Me thinks that the guy left Utah for 9 months, and recently came back to the place and boo ya. He's arrested.

That makes sense...but is anyone that stupid?

Guest HartFan86

That makes sense...but is anyone that stupid?

I'd say it's possible. Maybe the guy had connections in Utah and needed to go back, but it makes no fucking sense. I'm surprised the guy didn't go to Mexico or Canada or something.

Guest Retro Rob

I was shocked when I saw this on my AOL Welcome screen. I can only imagine what that girl must have went through in the past 9 months.

Guest HartFan86

This guy is pyscho from the description on the news channel. He'll be locked in prision for the rest of his life, no doubt.

Guest Flyboy
I can only imagine what that girl must have went through in the past 9 months.

Actually, I don't think any of us could imagine what she went through.

Guest HartFan86

MSNBC is reporting that she was taking into the mountains of Utah within days after her kidnap, stayed up there for a few days, then went to San Diego (FBI now gets involved and federal government files charges), then to Atlanta, then back to Utah. Weird.

Guest evenflowDDT

Who's Elizabeth Smart?

Well, whoever she is, I'm glad she's safe.

Guest Anglesault
Who's Elizabeth Smart?

What rock have you been living under?

Guest Powerplay

This is incredible. Thank God there are moments like this in times of turmoil that we can all agree are wonderful.

Guest Downhome

I don't care why, or how, but thank God this has happened. I'm always highly concerned about stuff like this, and it made my (day doesn't even sum it up) when I went to Yahoo and saw this. Isn't it rare as hell for a missing teen or someone to be found after NINE months? That's quite a long time, and it proves there there is always a chance for hope, when it seems that all hope is lost.

Guest Kingpk
Who's Elizabeth Smart?

In June of 2002, she was abducted at gunpoint from her home in Salt Lake (in front of her 9 year old sister). At first one of the family's handyman (they were wealthy) was arrested on charges of kidnapping (I believe) and was put in jail. He died in jail around the end of the year and the case just dropped from the public eye. Almost everyone thought she was long dead, but lo and behold, she wasn't.

Guest Anglesault
In June of 2002, she was abducted at gunpoint from her home in Salt Lake (in front of her 9 year old sister)

IIRC, the only absolute confirmed thing there is that it was Salt Lake in June. There was a lot of confusing shit going on with that sister for a while. (She was never a suspect, but her story may have been wrong do to her basically be traumatized.) There may not have been a gun or the girl may not have been warned by the kidnapper or something.

Guest HartFan86

Want something fucking disturbing? A Seattle newspaper is reporting that she was forced into MARRYING this guy. That's just fucked.

Guest Lethargic

Anybody see the "party" pictures? Evidently this guy took his veiled women with him into some party and now they believe one of the girls was the Smart girl. The pictures are up here....

http://kutv.com/specialsection/local_story..._071193346.html

The sad thing is that this guy will probably get sent to some looney bin. If there is any God he'll get sent to a real prison where the "decent" (haha..you know what I mean) murderers and criminals will rape and beat him for the rest of his life.

Guest HartFan86

Those pics are disturbing as hell. I wish I could personally go back in a time machine to September and take a few of my buddies to Salt Lake City and go to this party as well and fuck this guy up.

Guest Retro Rob

Even though it's great the girl is OK, she is never going to be able to fully mentally recover from this. Although the present is a happy time for her family, her future won't be an easy one.

Guest HartFan86
Even though it's great the girl is OK, she is never going to be able to fully mentally recover from this. Although the present is a happy time for her family, her future won't be an easy one.

Well, who really knows. She may have or may have not seen stuff that's messed up, but the money is on yea (being held knife point, marrying the guy, etc.) I think that she'll have enough people to help her out and according to the police, she's not holding anything at all back and she's telling it like it is so she's not afraid right now.

I think that we could all say that she's a beautiful young girl and that she probably would have a pretty bright future and she probably still could. Let's just hope the best works out, and let's hope Mr. I'm a fucking homeless piece of shit who wastes oxygen on this Earth is put to justice.

Guest Crux

I really thought she was dead...Im really glad I was wrong, her family must be so happy right now.

Guest phoenixrising

Good maybe we'll see the good ol' firing squad in action soon putting this creep out for good.

Great news to hear she was alive. After we had the Kristine Johnson case that ended badly (she was an aspiring actress that was lured to a photo shoot, was missing for two weeks until her body was found) and there's still no word on Laci Peterson. Usually when they're gone, you give up hope. Once they reported her missing I figured she was dead. I couldn't believe it when I turned on MSNBC and they were reporting that she was found. Miracles can happen, and I hope she recovers from her ordeal.

Did anyone catch the press conference? The father was understandably happy, but then ripped a congressman for holding up the "amber alert" bill currently up for vote in Congress I believe. He called out this dude and Dennis Hastert. So that will be something to watch for, if that bill gets pushed through.

About the nine-year old...apparently she had pretended to be asleep while they kidnapped Elizabeth, and was able to tell her parents who she thought did it.

It's good in this time of gloom and doom to see a ray of hope. Thank God she's home.