TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest teke184

Oh $hit....

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

I think Brock will go for some amatuer stuff here. They've been saying that this match was based on two great athletes with college wrestling backgrounds, so I expect a bunch of that.

Angle said he wanted to do this match more than any other he's ever done. It's fitting that he go out this way.

Guest teke184

There is nothing definitive as of yet... there is only the reality that Kurt will EVENTUALLY need this kind of surgery and that, either by choice or by necessity, he may need to have 3+ vertebrae fused instead of making a return.

If Kurt ends up reting, along with Rock going back to Hollywood and Austin leaving for whatever reason, that leaves Lesnar as the only guy at the ME level who has matches at the **+ level... it would be like KOTR 2002 all over again.

Guest teke184

No, but if Trips keeps screwing with everyone I'd say it's only a matter of time.

Guest Zero_Cool

Man, I feel guilty for marking out when he and Benoit were suplexing each other to hell.

I'm not sure which emotion to feel..guilt, anger, acceptance, denial..so I just hope that Kurt pulls through and doesn't cripple himself for life.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

I know this is sad and all, but you guys would be much easier on yourselves if you waited until it actually happens.

They said the same thing about Austin in 1997, and he turned out alright.

If he does have to retire, then I will deal with it then. Until then, I will just assume that he will be coming back.

Guest NoSelfWorth

-Kurt Angle's situation appears to be much more ominous than many have been made aware. Friends of Angle are telling me that he may have no choice but to retire after having his surgery, and that is part of the reason he has opted to roll the dice and wrestle at WrestleMania this year. He doesn't want his final match to be a quickie on Smackdown. He plans to go all-out if possible at WrestleMania with the idea that it could very well be his final match. The concern is that he may need to have more than two of his vertebrae fused. Once more than two are fused, you cannot take any bumps and must retire. He knows he needs more than two to be fused, but the timeline isn't clear. Because Angle was so dead-set against working at WrestleMania last week at the Smackdown tapings and was determined to get surgery over as quickly as possible, it surprised many when they found out he planned to wrestle at Mania after all.

"His demeanor changed dramatically," says one colleague. "He did a 180 in one week." That indicates he received information during the week that changed everything. He was said to be more quiet and down this week than he was last week, when he was under the impression that surgery and one year off would get him back to 100 percent. No one is under the impression Angle was "talked into" or pressured into wrestling at the PPV. Instead, all indications are that the decision was solely his based on evaluating his medical circumstances. In fact, word is he felt strongly about wanting to do the match and talked Vince McMahon into letting him despite the legitimate risks of paralysis.

The plan apparently is to get two vertebrae fused (the C6 and C7 vertebrae), similar to Chris Benoit, Steve Austin, Edge and Sean Waltman, which would allow for him to resume wrestling at full-speed after one year of recover and rehabilitation. However, once he needs to get more vertebrae fused, he would have to retire. The level of deterioration in his disks will apparently be better determined at the time of surgery, at which point he will get a better idea of how many years, if any, he has left to wrestle before requiring career-ending surgery. He is working under the assumption that WrestleMania is the last match of his career, and anything better than that news will be a bonus. He has told friends if he is forced to retire from the ring, he wants to work behind the scenes in the industry because he has a passion for it and wants to contribute any way he can.

Credit - Wade Keller.

If Kurt Angle is that convinced his time is over, then maybe we all should accept that WrestleMania will almost certainly be his swansong. I know we should wait until afterwards before believing it, but if Kurt himself, the man who would know the most about his condition, feels that his time is up, then maybe we all should.

Guest EternallyLazy
So? I hate that he's going out like this, but hey folks, I got news for ya, HE AIN'T THAT GREAT!

... anyone want to place bets on how much longer this guy will last here?

Guest Trivia247

You know if that is the case then i wouldn't risk Angle wrestling at all at Wrestlemania. Just cause him to aggrivate the injury in his neck especially since Angle isn't one of these guys who will wrestle conversitively (sp) Angle will try to do the best he can to put on the show, but I fear it will be at his own detriment.

Guest SP-1

Kotz, me and you, we represent Angle at George's buddy. I'm going to mark the fuck out during that match.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

I merely think Kurt is preparing himself for the worst.

He doesn't know anything more than anybody else, and neither do his doctors. They won't know until he goes in for surgery how much needs to be done.

Guest Kotzenjunge
Kotz, me and you, we represent Angle at George's buddy. I'm going to mark the fuck out during that match.

Hey, the Angle shirt and WWF title belt it is. I even plan to enter like him, bouncing about with my arms outstretched.

The thing that really sucks bout all this is angle wont be allowed to bow out gracefully as one of the finest WWF/E champs of all time, but as Brock Lesnars bitch. :angry:

You know that Angles injury's gonna be used to push Brock, which is the last thing he deserves.

Anyone going to WM or the SM's before it, take some cool signs to show Angle he'll be remembered.

Guest Kotzenjunge

Silly question, but do you think WWE might play this up as his potential final match? I mean, if he's going to be out forever and be an automatic face should he return, does it really matter if he gets face heat at the event or leading up to it?

Guest nikowwf

I don't think Kurt would want to be played up as a face unless it was 100% sure that he was not coming back. Its kind a final if he plays it like that.

niko

Guest SP-1

I'd let the fans know what's up. I think it could add a fantastic dimension to the match.

Guest Brian
NO Dreamer and Austin didn't, Dreamer had two hernaited discs in his back that could have been healed through rehab and Austin only needed on vertebrae fused to another. Once you have more than two vertebrae fused in your neck you have very limited mobility. If Angle came back not only could he never take a back bump where he landed on his shoulders or neck, he would also have the mobility of say Hulk Hogan. Its not the same thing HBK had done either. Once you have this type of surgery you are done for good one way or another.

Yes, Dreamer has two herniated disks but the amount of strain he put on his back over the years is far worse than one match could do for Angle. Austin, on the other hand, had the exact same surgery as Benoit and Edge, which is what Angle will go through unless there's more than two disks that are severely damaged. At that point, they can fix things but his career will be over. But that's only if there's more than two disks that need to be fused (C6 and C7).

Guest Repo Man jr

If he does retire maybe he could take up acting. He'd likely be really good at it.

Guest Vern Gagne

From what Keller says, it's not known if Angle would need the 2nd surgery that would force him to retire. He'll eventually have to get the surgery, but whose to say he can't return in a year and wrestle another 2 to 3 years.

Guest Just call me Dan

I truly hope Angle can come back after a year and give us a dominant face run ala Brock or Goldberg. He truly deserves to run with all the fand giving him the moster pops and have more glory moments like he did at Unforgiven 2001. Get well soon, Kurt.

Guest JDMattitudeV1

There truly is no justice in the world. A man who gives the fans 110% everytime he performs, one of the most naturally talented men to ever step into a wrestling ring and goes out of his way to help younger wrestlers, possibly cut down in his prime.

If this is true the best thing Kurt can do is retire. I'd say he has made a lot of money from wrestling and should get out while he can still live a normal and healthy life. There is more to life than wrestling, and Kurt is a man with a family and as much as I would love to see Kurt back in the ring I think the last thing any of us would like to see is his quality of life effected in any way.

Thank you Kurt, we'll all miss you.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Oh My God.

If it'll make you feel better, you can flame me.

Guest HartFan86

Fucking depressing. This just absoutely sucks and fuck. I'm speechless.

Guest Crux

This is the worst damn news that Ive could have heard...I have no idea what could be going through Kurt's mind right now...though he hasnt been in the WWF/E long, he's achieved so much...I would truly hate to see him go. But risking further injury to himself is ridiculous and can easily be avoided...if he stops wrestling. We'll just have to see how everything goes.