TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest RenegadeX28

Yu-Gi-Oh card game

Guest RenegadeX28

Well, my friend plays the game, and seems to like it. I have been watching him play, and it looks damn interesting. I have to learn the rules more though. I am probably gonna get a starter kit today for the game...

Does anyone else here plays the game?

Guest Renegade

I try and steer clear from card games that require collecting, its an easy way to spend lots of money.

Guest Flyboy

I have friends that play it.

It looks too fucking dumb for me to even be interested.

Guest Flyboy
I know somebody that spend 1200 dollars on that stupid card game.

Were their initials "R.B."?

Guest DrTom

It's getting popular everywhere. All the game stores I go to sell it like hotcakes, on the occasions they can actually get it from their distributors. I have no desire to play it because it looks way too easy, which I guess it has to be, since it's marketed for children.

I do play Magic: the Gathering, though.

Guest Flyboy
I do play Magic: the Gathering, though.

I have friends that play that also.

I just never got into the card gaming thing.

Guest TheArchiteck

I've never gotten into card games either.

You have to constantly build your collection with expensive ass decks of cards.

Guest razazteca
know somebody that spend 1200 dollars on that stupid card game.

Just had to have more than one Blue Eyes Dragon, eh? Please tell that was in Canadian Dollars.

Guest Flyboy
know somebody that spend 1200 dollars on that stupid card game.

Just had to have more than one Blue Eyes Dragon, eh?

I have a friend that has like 8 of those.

Guest RenegadeX28

I went out and got it.

I hear that an American Red Eyes Dragon is hard to find. I just got it with Joey's deck.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

Can't believe I'm going to admit this, but I do play the Yu-Gi-Oh card game, too. I pre-ordered Joey's Starter deck a few days ago and am supposed to get it this week.

To those who say it's easy, I wouldn't say that. Even if you got a Blue Eyes on the field, there's still plenty of ways your opponent can kill it and bring back to his side to whip your ass. It's not as difficult as Magic(which I don't play), but you still have to pick your spots and use your big time cards wisely or else you're fucked.

Guest Flyboy
Can't believe I'm going to admit this, but I do play the Yu-Gi-Oh card game, too. I pre-ordered Joey's Starter deck a few days ago and am supposed to get it this week.

What a dork.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

Dammit, Adam... how many times must I tell you? I AM NOT GAY, SO STOP STALKING ME!!!!

:P

Guest Mad Dog

Dr. Tom,

How long have you been playing Magic. I used to play quite a bit but I couldn't afford the game around the time 5th edition and Weatherlight started to come out.

Guest eiker_ir

i just play it from time to time on the game boy advance of my brother, don't like those Magic type card games everyone seems to play everywhere

Guest RenegadeX28

What a dork.

Who said it was embarassing to say that you do play Yu-Gi-Oh?

Guest Flyboy

It was more of a thing between APO and I more than anything, but if you want to be thrown in that group..

Guest DrTom
Dr. Tom,

How long have you been playing Magic. I used to play quite a bit but I couldn't afford the game around the time 5th edition and Weatherlight started to come out. 

Since the tail end of the Unlimited Edition, in 1993. My first purchase was Unlimited, and my second, only a week or two later, was Revised. I started playing in local tournaments in 1994.

In 1995, I stopped playing for about three years. I didn't like Ice Age, and when Chronicles reprinted a lot of the cards I had traded my ass off to get, I said the hell with it. I kept most of my cards (sold my dual lands, which I regret to this day), and still played a very occasional game, but that was it.

In 1998, I got back into the game, around the time Urza's Saga was released. I've been playing it ever since, though I did take about ten weeks off a while back, just to get a break from it for a little while. It's still a very good game, and quite fun to play, especially with the different formats that are possible.

Never played it, but I will admit that the game (Deulist of the Roses) sounds and looks intriguing. I'm an old man and still watch the cartoon even. Hey, I was raised in the days of classic GI Joe, Transformers, Robotech, and such.

/defensive tone off

Guest oldschoolwrestling

My 9 year old and 5 year old sons play it. Its expensive and I'm tired of finding their cards all over the house. [/bitchy dad]

Guest DrTom
My 9 year old and 5 year old sons play it. Its expensive and I'm tired of finding their cards all over the house.

You'd hate my place, then. My roommate and I have both been playing Magic forever, so we have about eighty billion cards in the house. Most of them are in boxes of varying sizes, but there are also piles on several tables, haphazardly sorted. (These piles sometimes end up on the floor if the cats are feeling especially festive.) Interestingly enough, we've always been able to tell whose piles are whose.

Guest RenegadeX28

All I know is that I am getting hooked up with free cards. My friend enters the tournaments that are held locally. Everytime you register, you get a free pack of cards. He will be giving me packs every other week. Sweet...

Guest CED Ordonez

I played Magic:The Gathering up until I graduated high school in '99. I didn't plunk that much cash into it so I eventually gave up on it and sold my cards for a decent hunk of change.

Even though I don't collect cards anymore, I still like TCGs and admittedly got a kick out of Yu-Gi-Oh for the PS2 when I rented it.