TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest evenflowDDT

Ozymandias

Guest evenflowDDT
Utah Pro Wrestler/KJ Brackish is some jerk I go to school with. Yup. He talks about Flyboy all the time.

He seriously talks about Flyboy? Has he ever met/talked to Flyboy in "real life" or over AIM?

I'm just curious how someone could get so obsessed over a stranger on the internet is all.

Guest Vern Gagne

Can Mods ban and than unban posters to make them feel like even bigger men.

Guest Flyboy
Utah Pro Wrestler/KJ Brackish is some jerk I go to school with. Yup. He talks about Flyboy all the time.

He seriously talks about Flyboy? Has he ever met/talked to Flyboy in "real life" or over AIM?

I suppose his "obession" with me is just a gimmick and there for giggles.

No, I don't live in Utah (thank Jesus) so he's never met me. He has contacted me on AIM a few times, though.

Yes. (*knows this from modding at ST*)

Edited by Flyboy

Guest JMA

Why the hell did Rob Johnstone get a second chance but Ozy didn't? Johnstone was given a second chance after his FIRST banning. What was up with that?

Guest JMA
So its wrong to blame the French? I blame the French all the time. It's my right and part of my religion.

Are you saying that you hate people just because of where they're born? It's very predjudicial to hate someone just because they're French. Just like it's equally predjudicial to hate someone because they're American.

Guest Midnight Express83

You don't get the joke.

Married With Children has a series of episodes on "The Church of No Ma'am"

One of the commandments was “Its ok to hate the French”. Since Mr. Rant is a member of No Ma’am and leader of the church, he hates the French.

Guest DrTom

Sort of. There's no Admin setting for "Ban user," so we use the "Delete user" option, which is what causes the ID to show as unregistered. There is a way to remove posting privileges, though, while keeping the account active. That can be toggled on and off, so I suppose someone could rub their own rhubarb and mess with a poster that way. I seriously doubt any of our mods would do that, though.

Guest SP-1

The thing about Rob is that he genuinely believed what he was talking about and was passionate. He also came up against huge opposition and found himself unable to answer flame baits towards the end. Believing what you're saying is completely different than being a jackass just to stir shit.

Guest Eyeball Kid
There is a way to remove posting privileges, though, while keeping the account active. That can be toggled on and off, so I suppose someone could rub their own rhubarb and mess with a poster that way. I seriously doubt any of our mods would do that, though.

I recall Jingus doing that to the first negative post count winner, 100%Ass (name given to him by Jingus; I can't remember the guy's original sn).

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

I did that to Brain once and someone else from DDT, as well.

Guest Boromir's Smirking Revenge
He posted several topics in the Current Events folder, not with the intention to start a discussion (which at least RobJohnstone tried to do before he started losing it) but soley to start a fight and piss people off.

I started 3 topics.

One was a serious article I took from a local paper about how the Bush Administration has been able to advance their conservative agenda with a minimum of fuss because people have been distracted by the war.

The second was a story I found online about how a US Congresswoman suggested we foot the bill to fund the exhuming of graves of US soldiers killed in WWI and who are buried in France and have them brought back.

What is wrong with either of those? Since when is posting articles "flame-baiting"? I found both interesting for different reasons, and thought people would be interested in the first and amused by the second.

The third was a facetious topic about France asking for the Statue of Liberty back in response to the "Freedom Fries" silliness. It was a joke. How exactly was posting that looking for trouble when no one complained in the topic about that particular post, and everyone seemed to get that it was a joke? It's not like I seriously said "I hope France takes back the Statue of Liberty" to piss off my more patriotic countrymen.

Instead of telling people why I posted those topics, why not just send a private message to ASK why I posted them, if you didn't understand?

P.S. Since I'll be banned again (for good) after this, I wanna thank everyone who was supportive. Yeah yeah, I know it isn't a big deal, but it was still nice.

P.P.S. The Elizabeth Smart comment was meant as a satire of how a lot of people who are involved in big media stories these days become sleazy C-list celebrities and inevitably pose nude. It wasn't a suggestion that I wanted to see the kid naked. If anyone didn't get the joke and was offended they could have said so in the topic or PMed me.

P.P.P.S. Remember: "Any time you got the Pope and the Dixie Chicks against you, your time is up."

He posted several topics in the Current Events folder, not with the intention to start a discussion (which at least RobJohnstone tried to do before he started losing it) but soley to start a fight and piss people off.

I started 3 topics.

One was a serious article I took from a local paper about how the Bush Administration has been able to advance their conservative agenda with a minimum of fuss because people have been distracted by the war.

The second was a story I found online about how a US Congresswoman suggested we foot the bill to fund the exhuming of graves of US soldiers killed in WWI and who are buried in France and have them brought back.

What is wrong with either of those? Since when is posting articles "flame-baiting"? I found both interesting for different reasons, and thought people would be interested in the first and amused by the second.

The third was a facetious topic about France asking for the Statue of Liberty back in response to the "Freedom Fries" silliness. It was a joke. How exactly was posting that looking for trouble when no one complained in the topic about that particular post, and everyone seemed to get that it was a joke? It's not like I seriously said "I hope France takes back the Statue of Liberty" to piss off my more patriotic countrymen.

Instead of telling people why I posted those topics, why not just send a private message to ASK why I posted them, if you didn't understand?

P.S. Since I'll be banned again (for good) after this, I wanna thank everyone who was supportive. Yeah yeah, I know it isn't a big deal, but it was still nice.

P.P.S. The Elizabeth Smart comment was meant as a satire of how a lot of people who are involved in big media stories these days become sleazy C-list celebrities and inevitably pose nude. It wasn't a suggestion that I wanted to see the kid naked. If anyone didn't get the joke and was offended they could have said so in the topic or PMed me.

P.P.P.S. Remember: "Any time you got the Pope and the Dixie Chicks against you, your time is up."

*coughdoublepostjackasscoughcough*

I'm aware. But I'ma leave it there and pretend it was intentional - "for emphasis". ;)

Guest Tyler McClelland
The thing about Rob is that he genuinely believed what he was talking about and was passionate. He also came up against huge opposition and found himself unable to answer flame baits towards the end. Believing what you're saying is completely different than being a jackass just to stir shit.

Meh, I know this is old (and a dead issue), but since it seems SP still holds a grudge agaisnt me for it, I'll respond.

First of all, the reason ANY flame bait (or, quite frankly, snide response) was EVER necessary against Rob was because, quite simply, he NEVER ANSWERED ANY OF THE ISSUES, PERIOD! He danced around the topic and picked out one little insignificant comment that someone would say in order to avoid the topic at hand and "save face" (albeit, quite terribly).

His opposition is no worse than mine. He was baited no worse than I am against any conservative viewpoint. The difference here, of course, is that I admit when I'm wrong and address (and vanquish) issues to which I feel passionately. Rob resorted to a profanity laden rant.

That's why he was banned.

As for Ozy... eh. If SP thinks Rob should still be here, so should Ozy. He used an inflammitory method to address the absurdities that are the anti-French sentiment in our nation, and how petty we've been. Sure, he pissed off SP (WHO FLAIM BAITED OMG), but... eh, whatever. If the mods wanna get their ban on, let them. Just don't ban me. Or do. Or something.

Guest Kahran Ramsus
As for Ozy... eh. If SP thinks Rob should still be here, so should Ozy. He used an inflammitory method to address the absurdities that are the anti-French sentiment in our nation, and how petty we've been. Sure, he pissed off SP (WHO FLAIM BAITED OMG), but... eh, whatever. If the mods wanna get their ban on, let them. Just don't ban me. Or do. Or something.

1) Rob should not still be here, and if we catch him hanging around he will be banned again.

2) You have nothing to worry about.

Guest SP-1

Tyler . . . what? Grudge? Where do you get that from? We haven't even really exchanged posting replies since . . . hell, the war started?

Guest Tyler McClelland

Just saw the veiled comments about Rob being baited.

Doesn't really matter, but it kinda irks me that anyone would consider me at fault at all for that.

Guest SP-1

In retrospect, I know that Rob probably comes off in a way that can easily piss people off. And I think he can very easily slip into a mode of resisting people easily and trying to defend himself. Once you get pissed off in that mode, crap hits the fan eventually. It's really nobody's fault in the end. People take things as they will and in written word that makes it even more difficult to sort through.

It ain't no thang. I've learned that when tempers flare it's easy to toss off comments that you don't mean to be baiting but they end up that way. The nature of the message board beast. Which is probably why it's so difficult to actively moderate it on a forum as big as TSM. *shrug* Whateva.

Guest cynicalprofit

ok, could some one please explain the term flame baiting for me. Im still really confused about it.

Guest T®ITEC

I think it means that you say something to someone that would warrant that person "flaming" you. I guess you just antagonize them.

Guest bob_barron

Hey TRITEC- you suck.

I hate you.

I hope you die.

You couldn't flame if you're life depened it.

You REALLY suck.

(Now THAT'S flame baiting)

Guest MrRant

OMG WTF IS THIS~?

FLAME BAITING OUTSIDE OF THE FLAME BAITING FOLDER (NHB)~!

BAN PLZ~!