TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hamburger Man

50 Cent

Guest Hamburger Man

Im not sure this has come up or not (I dont think there are too many rap fans here). I bought the 50 Cent CD Get Rich or Die Trying and I gotta say its an awesome CD. Songs like Wanksta and In Da Club are really good. Especially if ya got 6 subs in the back of your trunk bumping it. Anyone else here a fan of 50 Cent or rap in general. I found that most people here are fans of older rock which is ok but not that good.

Guest Kotzenjunge

I downloaded about half of the album last night, and I liked what I heard. I still feel that if he didn't have those awesome beats backing him up (especially in the case of the two singles), he'd sound lost if he had anything less.

Guest ant_7000

I have the CD and I like it he does live up to the hype, My favorite track is "Many Men" (wish death), and the Ja rule/Irv Gotti/Murder Inc diss "Backdown" which is funny at the end with Ja's gay lover talking about how he is a 12 degree pink belt. :lol: They should put Ja's greatest hits skits from the G-Unit mixtape on here. :lol:

Guest Midnight Express83

50 has the best rap album out now. And one of the best rap albums since 2000. That said, the beats are Dre. But 50 Cent is the black Eminem. So he has great lyrics. The only song I don't really like on the CD is "24 questions".

Guest papacita

I just bought the CD Friday. I'd like it a little more if he focused a little less on guns, but besides that it's hot. I've never really cared for Wanksta though.

Guest SP-1

The Dre beats help him immensely, but I do enjoy his flow from what I've heard. Which is the same reason I'll listen to Eminem. There's a rythym to the words instead of merely rhyme.

Guest Flyboy

I also have the CD.

Great rap CD, in my opinion.

50 calling Ja Rule "cookie monster" is hilarious. I've been calling him that ever since his first single.

EDIT: I like "21 Questions". It's a good song.

Edited by Flyboy

Guest El Satanico

I downloaded the album...I wasn't all that impressed and only liked 3 or 4 songs at most. There's a few good songs, but he gets way too repetitive for my taste.

All the beats and his singing style starts blending together and gets boring after listening twice. It's something that I'll end up deleting after getting bored with hearing it.

Guest bravesfan

Being anxious for the release of this album, based on his two singles' success, I was a bit disappointed by the album - just that his lyrics leave a LOT to be desired in my case, as it's not a problem to most rap fans who prefer taste to "filling".

Guest ant_7000

I did expected more from him then the typical formula but its still a good/solid album lyrically and thanks to Dre's beats. 4 mics for me. But, I honestly think 50's "Guess Who's Back" is better lyrically.

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

I haven't listened to it in about a Month. I've had it since the day of it's release. Too many cats are listening to it.

I'll stick to Mixtapes.

Suggestion: Get "The Best Of Lloyd Banks"

Good shit...

Guest LooseCannon

The beats are okay, but I can't say I'm a fan of mushmouth himself. That "in da club" song is horrible.

Guest ant_7000
Suggestion: Get "The Best Of Lloyd Banks"

Good shit...

Where can I get "Best of Lloyd Banks" CD at? Lloyd Banks shouldn't take a backseat to 50 because I think he could make it on his own with lines like: When it comes to hoes/I been in more walls than asbestos.(sp?) He comes up with clever metaphors.

Guest Midnight Express83
The beats are okay, but I can't say I'm a fan of mushmouth himself. That "in da club" song is horrible.

Saying mushmouth is kind of messed up because he was shot in the face point blank range 3 years ago. That would fuck up anyone's speech.

Guest LooseCannon
The beats are okay, but I can't say I'm a fan of mushmouth himself.  That "in da club" song is horrible.

Saying mushmouth is kind of messed up because he was shot in the face point blank range 3 years ago. That would fuck up anyone's speech.

I don't mean to be snarky here, but if I got shot in the knee, I wouldn't start competing in 100 meter dashes.

Guest The Czech Republic
50's been shot at point blank range AND shot eight other times?

Damn.

What a cockroach

Guest subliminal_animal
Being anxious for the release of this album, based on his two singles' success, I was a bit disappointed by the album - just that his lyrics leave a LOT to be desired in my case, as it's not a problem to most rap fans who prefer taste to "filling".

You mean how it sounds instead of what they're saying? Because that's a weird way to put it. Filling accounts for part of the taste, too. If not, then no one would buy Twinkies.

I found that most people here are fans of older rock which is ok but not that good.

That deserves to be in the signature! I'm assuming you meant older rock in general is "ok but not that good," and not people being fans of older rock. Funnier the second way, though.

I haven't listened to it in about a Month. I've had it since the day of it's release. Too many cats are listening to it.

I'll stick to Mixtapes.

If other people are listening to it, why does that matter? Don't want to be part of the crowd? Just overplayed? I'm curious. Think you meant the latter, but I find it silly that so many people seem to shun music they like because too many other people like it, too.

EDIT: Mix-up.

Edited by subliminal_animal

Guest Flyboy

I agree with the last part of animal's post.

If the music is good it shouldn't matter how many other people are listening to it or not.

Guest Flyboy

Anything except the second point because I he was trying to convey that older rock is "ok, but not that good". But you went over that in your post as well.

Guest Coffey
I bought the 50 Cent CD Get Rich or Die Trying and I gotta say its an awesome CD. I found that most people here are fans of older rock which is ok but not that good.

I bought the 50 Cent CD Get Rich or Die Trying and I gotta say its an awesome CD. I found that most people here are fans of older rock which is ok but not that good.

What.The.Fuck?

So, 50 Cent releases a new album...one single album...and it's AWESOME...yet, you stereotype AN ENTIRE GENRE as "not that good."

You better be 14 years old...

Guest EricMM

"older rock" is better than hip-hop or rap.

hip-hop or rap has 20 plus years to make good songs. There are some amazing songs. Rock on the other hand, has had what, 50 years, more if you count blues as rightly rock.

Just becuase 30 year old rock doesn't sell an image to most people anymore, people don't appreciate it. But if people actually listened to music instead of genres, they'd find something they'd like, after all, people liked it back then.

Guest subliminal_animal
Anything except the second point because I he was trying to convey that older rock is "ok, but not that good". But you went over that in your post as well.

Man, I am so good I scattered, covered and smothered all the bases with my logic.

And that filling stuff was confusing, and not just to me!

Just becuase 30 year old rock doesn't sell an image to most people anymore, people don't appreciate it. But if people actually listened to music instead of genres, they'd find something they'd like, after all, people liked it back then.

As cool people like me say, "correct-a-mundo."

Guest Oaf

50 Cent's new album has 2 singles on it.

The rest of the album is filler.

That... plus anal.

I can't remember the last time I bought a rap CD, but I went out and bought this one a couple weeks back. I really like it. The problem when I used to be big in rap music, back when it was "the popular thing" in the mid-90s, was that a lot of the CDs would have three songs at the most (that were the singles) that were good. This CD, I like the whole thing.

One of my favorites, which keeps getting stuck in my head and I am surprised no one has mentioned as one of the better tracks is track 3, "Patiently Waiting" featuring Eminem. I really like that track.

Guest Hogan Made Wrestling

Back Down is a good diss track. In particular I like the part where he accuses Gotti of trying to be Suge Knight.