TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Sjl crimson card - saturday, march 23rd

Guest realitycheck

Yeah, but then the WF would have to bring back Caveman Chris and The Elk, just to balance things out, and I'm not sure anyone's prepared for that. ;)

He could have applyed to be a referee if he didn't wanna write matches. How did Funyon get to be the ring announcer?

Guest Chuck Woolery

Because he retired and has a cool name.  Like, duh…

-Mike Van Siclen

Guest realitycheck

Same thing with Ben Hardy, just so you don't ask, Cutthroat.

And just for the record, what is wrong with following an E-Fed for a year and a half?

Guest Shawn

What's wrong with following an E-fed for one and a half years? I dunno... not joining sooner? Z would have (and will) made an impact on the fed like others, I just wonder what would be different if Z was in this since the start. A scarey thought...

Guest realitycheck

I was actually aiming that at Brody, Cutthroat.

"What's wrong with following an E-fed for one and a half years? I dunno... not joining sooner?"

Well, BESIDES that. :P

When I first started reading, I had virtually no writing skill, or confidence, so that explains quite a bit.

"I just wonder what would be different if Z was in this since the start. A scarey thought..."

If I started with the skill I had today, I proably would have blown away everyone with a shockingly long 3000 word match. Then I proably would have won mutiple titles and killed everone and been God and stuff. :D

Oh well.

I have a great deal of confidence in my match (I worte till my fingers bleeded and my match is dam good) but the only thing that bothers me is that Reaper probably worte his *** off too, cause he really needs to get back up in the rankings and if he wins this match then that is how he is going to get back into the rankings.

Or it could be the other way around. Since I've lost my last three matches Reaper & Deathwish might not try AS hard on their matches. I just sent my match in and I don't know...it could go eather way.

Guest Insane Clown Dan

Cutthroat, we haven't even seen one of your matches and you expect us to think that you can win. Can anyone testify to your skill level?

EDIT : What I'm trying to say is that we have no idea who you are, as a writer, and you shouldn't brag and emphasize on yourself all the time when how good you are is a mystery to all of us.

Look, I apologize for my last comments, I was angry that you told someone that they could sign up to be a referee, and I thought you would know by now that being a ring official was impossible. I forgive you, for nobody can learn without making some mistakes. I hope you can forgive me as well... what I said was uncalled for.

I wasn't saying that nobody wants to read your matches or anything. I'm saying that maybe we could help you improve and gain some wins? I wasn't trying to attack you, at least not in the first part of my post.

Well don't hold your breath, cause I'm not going to be killed any time soon. If you don't want to read my bull **** then don't read my posts! And as for my "skill level", I've read other peoples matches, and I've read my match. Mine is al least as good as some of the matches I've read.

Guest AnnieEclectic

Cutthroat, for once, I'm actually going to be constructive with you, as I know I've been harsh in the past....

One piece of advice I think I can impart that most people will agree on, is that when you get to JL main event status your style will be very different than when you started. I've basically only discovered real commentary writing about two matches ago, after taking some advice from Low Brass (thanks).

Styles change, and you can't always guarantee that you will win. I've writtem matches that I walked away from saying '####, I'm going to lose, but at least I wrote' and won. I've had matches that I thought were pure gold that lost. It happens. Dont rely on your opinion, but criticize yourself constructively to where you can see what would have worked better in one way or another.

Example: LDP (now in the WF) almost beat Strangler (also now in the WF) in a match. It was insanely close. The one deciding factor, LDP won with a scoop slam and pin. IT seemed an implausible ending, but just barely. Strangler got the win. Maybe, maybe if it was a different ending, LDP might have won it. It's all pretty much irrelevant now, but it's a good example of just how close things always are here.

except for no shows :D

-AE

Its kinda funny, I was actually going to PM you Annie (I had someone else in mind but he never got back to me) for advice on how you do this and that in the fed. I know for a fact that the people who ask for help are the people who make it to the top.

Guest Suicide King

Two things.  First of all, MVS... send your match to the correct marker next time.  I won't be so kind and forward it to Thugg if you do it again. ;)

Second, and most importantly, I have just finished marking Ash's and Lady Red's matches.  It was very, very close and both people wrote excellent matches.  In my opinion you both deserve to move up, but I could only pick one winner.  Congratulations to you both however... you made my job very hard.

Guest Shawn

Who won? Who won?

Yeah, yeah... I know...

::Shawn goes back to waiting for the show that will probably be posted tomorrow::

Guest Chuck Woolery

Huh... well, thanks King... funny, I thought you were my marker... oh well.  Thanks again... and ####, I am so going to lose...

-Mike Van Siclen

Guest Insanityman

*Nearly dies in anticipation*.

#### it, this show was a huge part of if I do get to return, how it will happen. -insert evil smirk- (Nekura taught me that one).

Guest Shawn

I hate waiting for shows becuase I start to doubt my matches... It seems MVS knows what I'm talking about.

Good luck, man. I guess I'll go to sleep early (I need it) and chekc for the show when I get up...

Again, good luck.

Guest AnnieEclectic

Close! Are you kidding me? It's nice to know both of us did so well, but I'm giong to be on pins and needles until the results, and do you know what comes from that? Aneurisms!

I gotta admit, I only post this to boast that my match actually used the word Aneurism in it. And I spelled it right. Maybe not here, but I checked it when I wrote it :D

-Annie

Sign in to follow this