TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tank_abbott

Trivia

Guest tank_abbott

1> What was the name of the tag team of Tony Anthony and Tracy Smothers in SMW?

2> What occupation did New Jack and Bam Bam Bigelow share prior to entering pro wrestling?

3> Who was Paul Dimond's partner in the final AWA Tag Team Title Tournament?

4> 6 current (in 86) and future managers competed at AWA Wrestle Rock 86. Name them.

5> Who did Fritz Von Erich beat in his "retirement" match in 1982?

6> What future WWF Play by Play man was a special referee for the main event of 1978's Super Bowl of Wrestling featuring Graham vs Race

7> What was Florida star Ed Ganter's nickname?

8> What future WWF Star won the AWA's 1972 Rookie of the Year award?

9> What was the 1st Title to change hands on a Nitro and Who won it?

10> Who was nick named "The Walking Condominium"?

Guest snuffbox

1. Dirty White Boys

2. Bounty Hunter

5.King Kong Bundy

6.Gorilla Monsoon

9..Tag team, Luger/Sting

10.Bundy

The Flair / Savage and Sting & Luger / Harlem Heat title matches took place on the same Nitro - the day before the Jan 96 Clash of the Champions. I believe the world title match, with Savage coming out on top, was the first match of the night.

Guest JHawk

1. The Thugs (T is for trouble, H is for Hell, U is for Ugly, G is for jail 'cuz a thug can't spell.

3. Greg Gagne

4. Ones I'm sure about: Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissie, Sherri Martel

One's I'm guessing on: Verne Gagne, Luna Vachon

Were there really two others?

7. The Bull

Guest Retro Rob
2> What occupation did New Jack and Bam Bam Bigelow share prior to entering pro wrestling?

Bounty Hunter

4> 6 current (in 86) and future managers competed at AWA Wrestle Rock 86. Name them.

Sherri Martel, Luna Vachon, Diamond Dallas Page.

5> Who did Fritz Von Erich beat in his "retirement" match in 1982?

King Kong Bundy

I'm going to guess.... Jesse Ventura...

Guest Retro Rob

Let's see...

1. Col. DeBeers went on to manage in the indy scene.

2. Sherri Martell.

3. Harley Race went on to manage in WCW.

4. Luna Vachon.

5. Curt Hennig went to manage Flair, although he wasn't officially called a "manager".

6. Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissie as JHawk previously mentioned.

If I understand the question correctly, that would make six.

5. Curt Hennig went to manage Flair, although he wasn't officially called a "manager".

Perfect won PWI's Manager of the Year for 92 ... so I'd count him in.

1. Who attacked the British Bulldog during the November 93 Clash of the Champions?

2. When Rick Rude faced Dustin Rhodes for the U.S. title on WCW Worldwide (the match that resulted in the title being held up for several months) - who was Rhodes' originally scheduled opponent for that bout?

3. Who gave Triple H his first free TV loss?

4. During his brief TV title reign, what current WWE star did Larry Zbyzsko lose to via count-out due to Lord Steven Regal's distraction?

5. Who did Virgil warn after his bout at the 1992 Survivor Series?

6. Who did Steve Austin lose to in his final TV match in WCW?

7. At both the January 95 and 96 Clash of the Champions, an explative was clearly heard. Name the two wrestlers and broadcasters involved in the incidents.

8. Who interrupted the marriage ceremony between Col. Parker and Sensational Sherri?

9. What wrestlers participated in both Starrcade 83 and Royal Rumble 93?

10. Why could it be said that Shawn Michaels was at a mental disadvantage going into his title match with the British Bulldog at the final SNME?

1. Who attacked the British Bulldog during the November 93 Clash of the Champions?

Steven Regal

2. When Rick Rude faced Dustin Rhodes for the U.S. title on WCW Worldwide (the match that resulted in the title being held up for several months) - who was Rhodes' originally scheduled opponent for that bout?

Maxx Payne

Duke Dumpster Droese

4. During his brief TV title reign, what current WWE star did Larry Zbyzsko lose to via count-out due to Lord Steven Regal's distraction?

Steve Austin

Bret Hart

Randy Savage

7. At both the January 95 and 96 Clash of the Champions, an explative was clearly heard. Name the two wrestlers and broadcasters involved in the incidents.

Heenan said "Fuck off" to Pillman and I'm guessing Tony said it to no idea who.

8. Who interrupted the marriage ceremony between Col. Parker and Sensational Sherri?

Madusa

Ric Flair

10. Why could it be said that Shawn Michaels was at a mental disadvantage going into his title match with the British Bulldog at the final SNME?

5, 6, and 8 are correct.

Heenan / Pillman is correct but there is another ... Flair is correct but there is another.

Although Drose did beat Triple H via DQ during the Free For All prior to the 96 Rumble, by "free TV" I meant one of the weekly shows.

Guest Retro Rob

3. Rocky Maivia

4. Steve Austin?

5. Someone about Yokozuna. Maybe Bret Hart.

8. Madusa

Guest WrestlingDeacon

Didn't Bischoff once say something about Curt Hennig being "all fucked up" on a show?

Rick Rude

Kensuki Sasaki

Bret Hart; Monday Night Raw building up to WrestleMania XII

Triple H ... or Jean Paul Levesque as he was then known

Bret Hart

Randy Savage ... semi-finals of the U.S. title tournament

95 - Gene Okerlund / the Big Bossman following Bossman's actions during the Sting / Avalanche match ... Bossman tried tearing his shirt but it was giving him trouble so he said "shit", "fuck", something like that and Okerlund said "Hey, pal, you can't say that on TV! I'll have you sent out of here in a minute!", something to that effect. The 96 edition was Pillman / Heenan which most people are aware of already. Pillman was fighting Eddie ... rolled to the floor ... roughed up Heenan, to play up his "Loose Cannon" persona, and Heenan went off on him.

Madusa

Ric Flair and Carlos Colon

A week or two prior, Marty Jannetty made his return after a 9 month hiatus and the altercation with Michaels during WWF Superstars saw HBK's manager, Sensational Sherri, smashed in the head with the giant mirror ... so he was without Sherri for the match and had to deal with the looming problem of Jannetty, who was very much pissed off

Guest tank_abbott

Here's the answers you guys missed:

6> What future WWF Play by Play man was a special referee for the main event of 1978's Super Bowl of Wrestling featuring Graham vs Race

Gorrilla Monsoon

7> What was Florida star Ed Ganter's nickname?

"The Bull"

Don Muraco

9> What was the 1st Title to change hands on a Nitro and Who won it?

According to my results the American males won the Tag belts on the 3rd Nitro from the Harlem heat....

Guest tank_abbott

HHH aka Jean Paul Levesque...

Ooops Some one beat me too it...sorry!

Edited by tank_abbott

Guest tank_abbott

1> What mammoth star ended Greg Gagne's career by squashing his leg?

2> US Steel was an early gimmick of what WWF "star" of the early 90's (Also known as Big Steel Man)

3> AWA Jobber Bob Remus (circa 1972ish) would go on to find fame under what ring name?

4> Crash the Terminator is better known today as:

5> What AWA and NWA legend participated in an angle with IRS in the WWF 1993/4ish?

1> What mammoth star ended Greg Gagne's career by squashing his leg?

2> US Steel was an early gimmick of what WWF "star" of the early 90's

3> AWA Jobber Bob Remus would go on to find fame under what ring name?

4> Crash the Terminator is better known today as:

5> What AWA and NWA legend participated in an angle with IRS in the WWF 1993/4ish?

1. I'll go with Yoko, although I'm not sure if he worked in the AWA...I think he did

3. Sgt. Slaughter

4. Bill DeMott

5. Wahoo McDaniels? He gave Tatanka his head dress during Tatanka's feud with IRS in spring 94

Guest tank_abbott

All correct .... hint for No.2 ... US Steel was his gimmick in Florida