TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest HBK16

$18.00!?!?!?!?!

Guest HBK16

For a tank of gas!!! FUCK! This fucking war has to end. I use to pay like $10.00 for a full tank but now that we are in a fucking war its twice as much. Fucking Iraq.

Guest Kotzenjunge

I paid $32.67 today to fill my tank up. Granted, it was 17.4 gallons of a 20 gallon tank, and I get only Premium (Patrick must nurture the 307), but still, quit yer whinin'.

Guest DrTom

I don't think I've paid $10.00 for a fill-up in five years.

The war hasn't really had much effect on gas prices so far. Most stations around here have actually lowered their prices a few cents per gallon since the war began. Also, the price of crude oil has fallen about $8 a barrel in the last two months, so the prices should fall once that oil is refined and makes it way into production.

Iraq isn't the problem here, but getting Venezuela back up and running would be nice.

Guest Youth N Asia
Times like these I am happy I don't drive.

Darn tootin...moochin ride, catchin the bus, and walking. Now that's traveling! I should know.

Guest SP-1

I payed 20-something last time I filled up, I believe. I have to run high grade though, or my Vortec f'ing chokes.

Guest Mr. Slim Citrus
Ten Dollars? Don't you live outside of DC, Tom? And what kind of car do you drive?I know gas isn't that cheap in VA, at least not in Hampton Roads.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

:::: dances while laughing at fools who pay more than $1.52 a gallon ::::

Guest Bosstones Fan
For a tank of gas!!! FUCK! This fucking war has to end. I use to pay like $10.00 for a full tank but now that we are in a fucking war its twice as much. Fucking Iraq.

I would LOVE to pay only $18 for a full tank of gas. $30 is the usual for me, 2-3 times a month.

Guest godthedog

this is like starting a thread bitching about how you have to get up at 11 o'clock in the morning.

Guest oldschoolwrestling
this is like starting a thread bitching about how you have to get up at 11 o'clock in the morning.

I get up at 4am to commute for 90 minutes

Guest SP-1

Eric, if I had the money I'd seriously consider getting a Hybrid. I have wondered, though, if the electric bill makes up for what you would save in gas.

Guest BifEverchad
Times like these I am happy I don't drive.

Darn tootin...moochin ride, catchin the bus, and walking. Now that's traveling! I should know.

Testify.

Guest El Satanico

Well I could actually get away with doing that...

Guest treble charged

God, I'm glad I don't have a car here at school. I'd have been broke months ago.

Guest justsoyouknow

$2.22 a gallon for premium. And I don't want to be a dick and tell my friends that they need to throw down for some gas money. I thought having a car was your ticket to freedom?

Guest ISportsFan

I paid something like $26.82 for 17 gallons or so today. At $1.65 a gallon, it was the cheapest stuff around my house.

Jason

Guest DrTom
Ten Dollars? Don't you live outside of DC, Tom? And what kind of car do you drive?I know gas isn't that cheap in VA, at least not in Hampton Roads.

Actually, I'm a lot closer to Baltimore than I am to DC.

What I said was that I *haven't* paid $10 for a fill-up in at least five years, meaning they've all cost more than that. Back when I drove a Neon and the 87 octane gas was around a buck a gallon, it was all good in the hood. I currently drive a Maxima SE, and the premium gas around here runs around $1.75 a gallon, so my fillups tend to be $20-25.

Guest Kotzenjunge

If I get that job at Dillards tomorrow, I'll be pulling in $9 an hour, so gas prices won't worry me nearly as much as they did.

(basks in his heretofore unimaginable potential new wealth)

Hey, when you were a bagger at a grocery store and the highest you got was $6.70 after over two years, you consider starting as a menswear salesman at $9 a big deal.

Guest NoCalMike

Here gas is approximately $2.08 for the cheapest grade. (Sacramento, CA).

$10 used to fill up my tank even if rode in on fumes.

Guest Mr. Slim Citrus

Hmmm, we seem to have the same taste in cars, Tom, except mine were probably older than the models you drove/drive around...

Regular costs $1.82 on base, which is about as cheap as you're going to get anywhere in HI.

Guest Plushy Al Logan
I don't think I've paid $10.00 for a fill-up in five years.

The war hasn't really had much effect on gas prices so far. Most stations around here have actually lowered their prices a few cents per gallon since the war began. Also, the price of crude oil has fallen about $8 a barrel in the last two months, so the prices should fall once that oil is refined and makes it way into production.

Iraq isn't the problem here, but getting Venezuela back up and running would be nice.

I say that America invents it's own source of energy, and tht we share it with no one. :angry:

Guest hardyz1
Eric, if I had the money I'd seriously consider getting a Hybrid. I have wondered, though, if the electric bill makes up for what you would save in gas.

I'm not sure if you were joking or not but...

The Toyota Prius charges the battery when running on gas. I'm not sure about Honda's hybrid cars.