TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Mighty Damaramu

Where do you get your old games at?

Since Amazon doesn't seem to contain very many old games I was wondering where everyone gets their old games at online. Does anyone even order games online? If so what's your favorite place?

Guest swan

Ebay isn't bad and you can get some very good deals. We have a place called Funco Land that sells lots of old games among other places. Look around game resellers are everywhere.

Yes I have a local Funco Land. And they sell BAD used games. They don't have the case and they're usually in bad condition.

Guest KoR Fungus

FuncoLand is okay if you're looking for something that's very very mainstream.  Generally my FuncoLand gives me games in pretty good condition, so that's not too big of an issue for me.

If you're looking for something either valuable (like Secret of Mana) or obscure, just go to eBay.  eBay is the absolute best way to find what you want at a good price, regardless of what you want.  Best website ever. ;)

Yeah I've used Ebay before(not for games though) and I dunno...I still am wary I'm gonna get ripped off everytime I make a purchase....even if his feedback is through the roof great.

Guest KoR Fungus

Eh if a guy has <1% negative feedback, there's really nothing to worry about.  Yeah, there's always some anxiety giving a guy money and just having to hope that you'll get what you bought, but realistically if you just buy from people with perfect/near perfect feedback, you'll probably never have any trouble.  Pay with PayPal or BidPay and you don't even have to worry about a money order getting lost in the mail, and you'll probably get your game within a couple days of when you pay.  Really easy.  I've bought a lot of stuff, including some pretty valuable comics, on eBay, and have never had any problems...

Just make sure you check the actual feedback, not just the number.  100 positives, 0 negatives and 0 neutrals is a #### of a lot better than 1500 positives, 150 negatives and 300 neutrals, for example. ;)

Guest The Man in Blak

I gotta pimp Half.com, as my roommate grabbed Bushido Blade 2 and Fear Effect in great condition for a total of about $35 with shipping, and it came about three days after he ordered it.

I've had bad experiences with eBay itself, though, especially related to disc-related media or consoles - if you're tracking down old cartridge based games, I'd say check it out, but otherwise, you're in for a fun ride.

Guest alfdogg

There are six FuncoLand stores in Indianapolis, which is about a half hour from where I live, and I have just about every game I want.  The only games I still really want are Mega Man 7, Super Double Dragon, Spanky's Quest, and Pink Panther goes to Hollywood.  Anyway, they're not in that bad condition, I don't have to blow in them NEARLY as much as the ones I already had.  They have a bunch of used Game Boy games, too.

Guest Ihatesmarksandmarks

funcoland aint bad, WAY overpriced tho. They are selling mario world and donkey kong for 15 bucks each....they also rip you off bad when u trade in consoles and games.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

Microplay is alright.  I don't know if they have them in the US though.

Check out your local flea markets, I have found some very good bargains with old games at those.