TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Urban Warfare

The one and only NHL playoffs thread

Guest redbaron51
Well, looks like the Leafs are going to have to win 2 in a row now. That's ok, they can do it.

thats if they don't played half-assed, and take stupid penelties.

I wonder how long Dejardans is going to be out

Guest treble charged

They didn't take too many stupid penalties today, besides Tucker's for closing his hand on the puck. If Desjardins doesn't play game 6, that will help them a lot.

Guest MaxPower27

Belfour's getting way too many calls for interference. That Handzeus(?) call in the third was BORDERLINE.

Guest Memoirs of an Invisible Chevy

The Flyers have worked the Leafs the WHOLE series. This shouldn't come as any surprise. Belfour looked quite nomral tonight, and the scoreboard showed it. Whats even sadder? Chechmanek is absolutely brutal - and the Leafs can't even get any offense going. Their team is complete hype, and is based on being bullies. The problem? They are playing the Broadstreet Bullies. This will be over in game 6. The Leafs need to make some major changes - starting with unloading the goons Domi and Tucker. Maybe they could invest in...you know...TALENT. Besides Sundin, Mogilny, and Nolan - this team is 100% hype. Hype Hype Hype.

Guest starvenger
Maybe they could invest in...you know...TALENT. Besides Sundin, Mogilny, and Nolan - this team is 100% hype. Hype Hype Hype.

Yeah, they could (who wouldn't mind having more talent for their team?), but talent can only carry you so far. Just ask the Red Wings or the Rangers. In the NHL, you need heart, determination, teamwork and a hot goalie. The Leafs are lacking the teamwork and determination right now, and that's why they're down 3-2.

And I wouldn't really call the team hype. People tend to forget that as much as the Toronto media is "rah-rah" about the Leafs, they're just as quick to bash them when they do the slightest thing wrong (see Raptors, Toronto). It's just that Toronto is a large media centre, so any reports made about the Leafs tend to be more magnified than reports about, say St. Louis.

Guest redbaron51

True. Leaf media overexaggerates. (Especially anything that goes into the sun).

Desjardins would be a loss to the Flyers, but he's not the biggest, or the best defensive defencemen that they have.

Maybe they could invest in...you know...TALENT.  Besides Sundin, Mogilny, and Nolan - this team is 100% hype.  Hype Hype Hype.

Yeah, they could (who wouldn't mind having more talent for their team?), but talent can only carry you so far. Just ask the Red Wings or the Rangers. In the NHL, you need heart, determination, teamwork and a hot goalie. The Leafs are lacking the teamwork and determination right now, and that's why they're down 3-2.

And I wouldn't really call the team hype. People tend to forget that as much as the Toronto media is "rah-rah" about the Leafs, they're just as quick to bash them when they do the slightest thing wrong (see Raptors, Toronto). It's just that Toronto is a large media centre, so any reports made about the Leafs tend to be more magnified than reports about, say St. Louis.

Jesus, all of the hockey analysts are huge Leaf fans. Some even picked them to win the cup. How foolish. Listen to the CBC announcers - they are the biggest Leaf fanboys.

Guest starvenger
all of the hockey analysts are huge Leaf fans. Some even picked them to win the cup. How foolish. Listen to the CBC announcers - they are the biggest Leaf fanboys.

OK, I see now - you're confusing bias with hype.

Hype is saying that the current Leafs are sliced bread #3 - which I haven't heard ANYONE (not named Cherry) say.

Bias is the announcers favouring the Leafs - which frankly everyone now expects since that's all Cole and Neale cover. Neale in particular, since he does almost all the Leaf games. Seriously, if you stuck Cuthbert in there as the lead PBP guy then I think you'd get a more balanced call. As for Cherry... I dunno, maybe it's my OWN bias against him, but I don't count him as a credible source for hype.

Guest treble charged
all of the hockey analysts are huge Leaf fans.  Some even picked them to win the cup.  How foolish.  Listen to the CBC announcers - they are the biggest Leaf fanboys.

OK, I see now - you're confusing bias with hype.

Hype is saying that the current Leafs are sliced bread #3 - which I haven't heard ANYONE (not named Cherry) say.

Bias is the announcers favouring the Leafs - which frankly everyone now expects since that's all Cole and Neale cover. Neale in particular, since he does almost all the Leaf games. Seriously, if you stuck Cuthbert in there as the lead PBP guy then I think you'd get a more balanced call. As for Cherry... I dunno, maybe it's my OWN bias against him, but I don't count him as a credible source for hype.

Hell, today Cherry said that he didn't think the Leafs would win the series, so you can't even count on him as a head cheerleader these days.

Guest ISportsFan

I thought Edmonton was gonna pull it out when they had that huge run going throughout the second period and the first part of the third, but Dallas got the chance to take the lead and stick their defense back on Edmonton.

Minnesota got the huge win today (that's the game I got on ABC today, anyway), and it seemed as if Roy wasn't really sharp today.

Jason

Guest starvenger
Dallas wins 3-2, taking the series 4-2.

Kinda puts a cramp in the chances for an all-Canadian finals (aka Gary Bettman's biggest fear), doesn't it?

One of these days Edmonton won't meet Dallas in the first round and will actually advance. But at the rate things are going, I may be 50 before that happens...

Guest redbaron51

the only person that is biased on the CBC commentary is Harry Neale, and sometimes he'll use an excuse that is very true, or far-fetched.

Sorry I've been gone for three days, didn't want to make it seem I disappear just because the Blues lost! Should be a huge Game 6 tonight.

And I agree with starvenger, it is a shame that the Oilers ALWAYS get the Stars, and they play them really well, just never enough to win a series. So how many of these games entering Game 6 are going to the 7th? I think Colorado/Minnesota and Philly/Toronto probablky will.

Guest bob_barron

Guess whose going to Game 6?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I got standing room seats and the Leafs are 2-0 when I sit there so I'm hoping for the best.

GO LEAFS!

Guess whose going to Game 6?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I got standing room seats and the Leafs are 2-0 when I sit there so I'm hoping for the best.

GO LEAFS!

Can you spell disappointment?

They are toast.

Guest bob_barron

Not really- it's a hard word to spell with all those s' and p's.

They're not dead yet. They were down 3-2 last year and came back and beat Ottawa

Guest MaxPower27

Washington and Tampa are at 1-1 going into 2OT.

Been a good game so far.

Tonight: Vancouver gets taken OUT~!

Guest Will Scarlet

LIGHTNING WIN! WOOHOO! I am guessing this will mean Lightning/Devils in the next round. I am pumped. GO LIGHTNING!

Guest treble charged

Yeah, and the other series will be the Sens losing to the Leafs for the 4th year in a row.

Guest treble charged
OK so they are just a middle of the pack team, but my Bruins will OWN come playoff time with Sammy back in the fold.

Zuh?

Guest MaxPower27
lol, sure but the Leafs gotta make it first.

Go Flyers!

Toronto goes out tomorrow!! Be there!! KnobBarron will!!

Guest treble charged

Meh, you just want the Leafs to lose because you know that the Sens can't beat them.