TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheOriginalOrangeGoblin

Anyone else watching the Juno's?

Guest Memoirs of an Invisible Chevy

As a Canadian may I say that we are responsible for the worst mainstream music in history sans Neil Young and the Guess Who.

Guest mesepher
As a Canadian may I say that we are responsible for the worst mainstream music in history sans Neil Young and the Guess Who.

let's not forget about those three hacks from Rush

Guest TheGregWitul

Godspeed You Black Emperor! are from Montreal, so let's not forget them...

j.

Guest C-Bacon
Godspeed You Black Emperor! are from Montreal, so let's not forget them...

j.

They're on the show!?!?

You wouldn't think so since the Juno's are basically just awards for 'stars that made it in the States" while overlooking some of our most talented artists.

Oh, and Matthew Good won best video for Weapon! Woooooo! How the award for best video was a preliminary award rather then being on the show is rather inane though.

Guest treble charged

Besides this:

18_shania_another_hockeyjer.jpg

I didn't like the show that much last night. It just came off as really second rate at some point (where the nominees were sitting [well, some of them, at least], they had to climb up what looked to be some sort of ladder to get to the stage) and some of the performances weren't very good (I thought OLP, for one, sucked hard).

Sam Roberts looked like they dragged him out of the gutter before he got there, too.

Guest redbaron51

OLP can not play good live, especially their new guitarist licks balls on guitar. No fuckin skill.

Show was bland, there have been better.

Guest FeArHaVoC

Avril Lavigne won four Juno Awards last night to lead the pack at Canada's 32nd annual awards show. Shania Twain was second with three.

Below are the full winners, courtesy of Billboard.com:

Single of the year: "Complicated," Avril Lavigne (Arista/BMG)

Album of the year: "Let Go," Avril Lavigne (Arista/BMG)

Artist of the year: Shania Twain (Mercury/Universal)

New group of the year: Theory of A Deadman (604/Universal)

Jack Richardson producer of the year: Alanis Morissette, "Hands Clean" and "So Unsexy" (Maverick/Warner)

Songwriter of the year: Chad Kroeger/Nickelback "Hero, "Too Bad"

R&B/soul recording of the year: "The Way I Feel" Remy Shand (Motown/Universal)

International album of the year: "The Eminem Show" Eminem (Interscope/Universal)

JUNO Fan Choice Award: Shania Twain (Mercury/Universal)

Francophone album of the year: "Rever Mieux," Daniel Belanger (Audiogram/Select)

Instrumental album of the year: "Allegro" Robert Michaels (WEA/Warner)

New artist of the year: Avril Lavigne (Arista/BMG)

Country recording of the year: "I'm Gonna Getcha Good!," Shania Twain (Mercury/Universal)

Rap recording of the year: "Monsters in the Closet," Swollen Members (Battleaxe/Nettwerk/EMI)

Pop album of the year: "Let Go," Avril Lavigne (Arista/BMG)

Rock album of the year: "Gravity," Our Lady Peace (Columbia/Sony)

Vocal jazz album of the year: "Live In Paris," Diana Krall (Verve/Universal)

Contemporary jazz album of the year: "tales from the blue lounge," Richard Underhill (Stubby/Outside)

Traditional jazz album of the year: "Life on Earth," Renee Rosnes (EMI)

Children's album of the year: "Sing With Fred," Fred Penner (Casablanca/Koch)

Classical album of the year - solo or chamber ensemble: "Liszt: Paganini Studies & Schubert March Transcriptions," Marc-Andre Hamelin (Hyperion/S.R.I.)

Classical album of the year - large ensemble or soloist(s) with large ensemble accompaniment: "Bruch Concertos: Vol II," James Ehnes/Mario Bernardi/Orchestre symphonique de Montreal (CBC Records/Universal)

Classical album of the year - vocal or choral performance: "Mozart Requiem," Les Violons du Roy (Dorian/S.R.I.)

Classical composition of the year: "Requiem for a Charred Skull," Bramwell Tovey Voice on High (Opening Day/S.R.I.)

Alternative album of the year: "You Forgot It In People," Broken Social Scene (arts&crafts/paperbag/EMI)

Dance recording of the year: "Billie Jean," The Sound Bluntz (Popular/EMI)

Reggae recording of the year: "You Won't See Me Cry," Sonia Collymore (Fiwi/XeS)

Aboriginal recording of the year: "Lovesick Blues," Derek Miller (Arbor/SOAR)

Roots & traditional album of the year - solo: "Unravel," Lynn Miles (True North/Universal)

Roots & traditional album of the year - group: "Chicken Scratch" Zubot & Dawson (True North/Universal)

Blues album of the year: "6 String Lover" Jack de Keyzer (Blue Star/Spirit River)

Contemporary Christian/gospel album of the year: "Instrument of Praise," Toronto Mass Choir (Micah/Fusion III)

World music album of the year: "Balagane," Jeszcze Raz (Audiogram/Select)

Recording engineer of the year: Denis Tougas ("Everybody's Got A Story" and "Double Agent" by Amanda Marshall, Columbia/Sony)

Album design of the year: Steve Goode (director/designer); Marina Dempster, Nelson Garcia, Margaret Malandruccolo (illustrator/photographers) for "exit" by K-OS (EMI)

Video of the year: "Weapon," Ante Kovac & Matthew Good (Universal)

Group of the year: Sum 41 (Aquarisu/EMI)

Canadian Music Hall of Fame: Tom Cochrane

Walt Grealis Special Achievement Award: Terry McBride