TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest kkktookmybabyaway

Question

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

If it is to be rendered a classic, shouldn't it be closed first instead of waning on life support?

Please, please, please put this thread out to the pasture...

The way CLASSIC threads are going to be determined is by an overwhelming majority.

Hopefully, we'll get to it before it starts to wane down their hilarity.

Dames

Guest bob_barron

I think the NewsRadio thread has to go in there.

It won Thread of the Year.

Guest Kotzenjunge

Yes, because all of its ghey denizens voted for it.

Meanwhile, the State of America thread needs to be put in there, as does its sister thread, the One and Only Abbey Party Convention Thread.

Guest bob_barron

I knew you were gonna say that Kotz. Put the State threads in there as well

Guest goodhelmet

there was nothing good about the mission thread. 1000 pages of people posting without replies for three or four pages. or mindless conversations such as...

you suck

no i don't

yes you do

no i don't

ok your mom sucks

so?

so you admit it?

i admit nothing

the mission thread should only serve as an example of what should not be tolerated on this board.

i agree with the state threads though. nice, innovative shit. also "ask metal ed", and maybe a handful of others

Guest goodhelmet

funny little fact- i was the one who encouraged dames to unlock it after it was locked the first time.

funny little fact #2- i was the one who then encouraged him to put it out of its misery.

what turned into a nice way of people to communicate with other turned into a quick way for people to post whore. so, if it is included, does that mean we can edit out the 980 pages of meaningless posts to save the 20 or so posts worth saving

Guest Flyboy
so, if it is included, does that mean we can edit out the 980 pages of meaningless posts to save the 20 or so posts worth saving

That wouldn't be a bad idea.

Guest goodhelmet

if 95% of the thread is worthless, then it probably wouldn't be worth the time or effort to save it.

Guest Incandenza
if 95% of the thread is worthless, then it probably wouldn't be worth the time or effort to save it.

Bingo. The thread isn't a very fun read.

Guest evenflowDDT

Bingo. The thread isn't a very fun read.

You mean there's someone out there who'd actually want to read the entire Mission to 1000? That's a scary thought.

Couldn't you just include like, the first twenty (or did it make it to fifty before going downhill?) pages, when there was actual, decent conversation going? I agree with everyone else, the rest is post-whoring crap.

Guest Incandenza

But the conversation was only entartaining to the people who posted in it. Let the damn thing die.

Guest evenflowDDT
But the conversation was only entartaining to the people who posted in it. Let the damn thing die.

Actually, I never realized but yea, that probably is true.

In another, somewhat related topic, are there any "classic threads" that aren't just stupid/funny like "I'm Gonna Do It" and "The 'alwayspissedoff' sucks thread"? Not that those aren't classics, but it'd seem like that's all we're known for/proud of if they are.

Guest Insanityman

Eh, I'm giving my vote for "CWM goes to war...". But yeah, that folder is a good idea, but I dunno... heh, something about it just seems odd. Like how it'll eventually die and that's sad.

Guest crandamaniac

Let's include the "Would You?" Thread, and the Aviril Invasion thread. Good times had by all. And can we also get the SKBF Burner thread

Guest Incandenza

The problem with archiving the Would You? thread is that most of the links are outdated.

Guest J*ingus

I took some initiative and moved a few of my old favorites into the folder, yes, including the infamous Zacalex-APO thread.

Guest Kotzenjunge

Okay, it says there are 8 topics in the folder when I'm looking at the board overview, but only two actually show up in the folder when I go into it. Anyone got any idea why this is?

Guest Incandenza

Use the drop-down thingy to get it to show threads from the beginning. You'll be pleased to know that Ask the Dictator! made it.

Guest areacode212

OK, all threads, regardless of date, should be immediately visible now.

Guest bob_barron

Is there a way you can have it both threads?

Oh and I don't see what's so good about that Metal Ed thread. :lol:

Guest Kotzenjunge

Why the hell did that one FZM thread get in? Because of the FK Teale ad hominem-fest?

Guest bob_barron

The would you fuck your cousin thread is a good candidate for classic threads.

As was whichever thread SKBF brought up the food mobile.

1 million reasons to hate DJ Jeff, SKBF's What Do You Think of Me thread and the thread thesmartmark started that caused board drama are all good candidates I think

Guest evenflowDDT

Make contentious statements! Make contentious statements! Old school music folder... awesome. Kinda sucked at the end when we ran out of contentious statements though.