TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dmann2000

You ever go through your wrestling tapes

Guest Dmann2000

Last night I found a tape of the 1st Smackdown from 2002. And all in all it was a decent program. There was a nice Angle/Jericho vs Edge/RVD tag match and a decent Booker vs Rock main event. I always end up finding RAWS, Smackdowns, ECW TV that I didn't know I had and it usually is a nice surprise.

Guest Memoirs of an Invisible Chevy
Last night I found a tape of the 1st Smackdown from 2002. And all in all it was a decent program. There was a nice Angle/Jericho vs Edge/RVD tag match and a decent Booker vs Rock main event. I always end up finding RAWS, Smackdowns, ECW TV that I didn't know I had and it usually is a nice surprise.

Take it to general wrestling, shushy.

Guest Eagan469

I found UWF Blackjack Brawl from 1994 on one tape (taped off MSG), AWF Wrestling (taped off MSG) from 1995 on another, and some USWA from 1997-ish.

Guest bravesfan

A "best-of" Larry Zybszko tape, with a nunchukiu demonstration by the man himself.

Feel my pain.

Guest CanadianChick

I hadn't watched Royal Rumble 2001 in a while, so I hadn't seen the Jericho/Benoit ladder match in while. I fell in love with it all over again...I really loved that match.

Guest teke184

Eddie Gilbert vs. Great Muta in a No DQ match from WCW Saturday Night in 1989. It f*cking RULES and not just because I was in the audience that night.

Guest Nevermortal

I recently found the 'ECW Invasion' episode of Raw when they officially formed the Alliance.

Also, an episode of ECW on TNN where there was a big brawl with the Network & Sandman/Dreamer.

Guest BifEverchad

I recently came across an old episode of WWF Superstars from around May of 1994. It was the show where Diesel defeated Razor Ramon for the Intercontinental Title.

Guest T®ITEC

I remember how excited I was when I found this old RAW tape from '96... It had the Pillman/SCSA gun incident. I was dying, just listening to Vince's serious voice.

The tape was subsequently ruined, through no fault of my own. It broke my heart to throw it away.

Guest papacita
I found UWF Blackjack Brawl from 1994 on one tape (taped off MSG)

Was that where Sid main evented against Dr. Death Steve Williams? Because I think I saw that...

Back to the topic, I don't mark a lot of my tapes, so yeah, I'm always finding something I forgot about. The other night I found the Smackdown in 2000 where HHH and Steph celebrated their one-year anniversary (BTW, it had absolutely NOTHING to do with the major storylines...the most pointless 2 hours in the history of wrestling) as well as Benoit/Austin from Calgary.

And there's that one UPN movie with Chyna in it. It aired in late 99 or early 2000 and I SWEAR to this day I've never watched the damn thing.

Guest JDMattitudeV1

The other week I came across Superbrawl 2000. I had done my best to suppress memories of that show, but finding the tape brought them all back. On the plus side I found Souled Out 2000, the show may have sucked but Benoit winning the title made it all worthwhile.

Guest EternallyLazy

A SNME from 90 I think that featured Hogan/Bossman in a cage... you know, the infamous match that featured Hogan suplexing Bossman from the top of the cage

Guest candie45

Last week I found 2 ECW tapes, and one had a Nitro on it from when they came here. Oh, the horror. The ECW ones were great though.

Guest kane3212321

I just found the episode of Raw in 1999 that's the night after Backlash. Austin has to stop the Black Wedding in time, can he do it????

Guest RenegadeX28

I forgot I had the last episode of RAW on USA....it was a good RAW might I add.

I recently found Spring Stampede 99 with the awesome Juvi vs Blitzkreig opener. I had forgotten about how awesome that match is and how good the show is, even though DDP won his first WCW title in the main event.

Guest MaxPower27

Paul E's promo on Vince the Smackdown before Survivor Series 2001. I wet my pants with joy.

Guest ViciousFish

In my recent move I uncovered Unforgiven 2000 which seemed OK. At least the bits I watched. I also found Guilty As Charged 2001, the last ECW PPV, which ruled because it had some totally kick ass promos from Rhyno. Especially the "If this is the belt everyone is willing to die for then this is the belt I'm willing to kill for." I loved that. Plus it had a Mikey Whipwreck and Tajiri tag match. And I found my Summerslam '97? tape where Bret beat 'Taker and Owen broke Austin's neck. That was a fucking sweet PPV and it started one of the best catchphrases ever. "Owen 3:16 says I just broke your neck."

I found a SmackDown from 2001 (before the Rumble I think.. Angle was champion) featuring Jackie vs. Crash and Angle vs Kane (Angle did Buff Blockbuster.. it was neat).

I also found a tape featuring assorted Superstars, Challenges, and Cavalcades (from CHCH here in Ontario) from 1993 that were a good trip back in time. The big surprise on that tape was Scott Steiner using a Dragon Fucking Suplex on an episode of Superstars. Rick followed it up with a sick looking release German suplex. Watching the opening video package for Cavalcade also made me realize how well executed moves looked on jobbers (where similar moves, like the Tombstone, are generally slowed down a bit on "real" wrestlers). Was the idea in the company "work as stiff as you want, they don't mind and they're expendable if they get injured"?

Guest Plushy Al Logan

SNME*:

Hogan vs. Perfect

Earthquake kills Hillbilly Jim

Wrestlemania 6 was on it too, and a Simpsons episode

Undertaker: The Phenom

I will review all my tapes and post them here.

SNME*:

Sid leaves Hogan

WM 8 & 9 also appear on the tape

Tuesday Night in Texas*

Survivor Series 1991 before that

*Tapes no longer living (R. I. P.)

Guest Zack Malibu

This happens to me a LOT. Those on the board who are familiar with my taping habits, I tape a lot of shows in addition to wrestling, and have an unlabeled "tape collection from hell".

A few weeks ago I found the RAW with the Angle/Benoit cage match.

Found out that an episode of WCW's main event, featuring the Best of 1990 was on a tape between National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and Spaceballs! The main event of the show was a match with Ric Flair and Arn Anderson vs. The Rock N' Roll Express, and it was damn good.

I've also got some older tapes simply labelled "wrestling, Vol. 1" and so on. Pop these bad boys in and I find matches like Bret vs. 123 Kid from RAW, Steve Austin and Ric Flair vs. Sting and Ricky Steamboat from WCW Saturday Night, and tons of Brian Pillman matches/promos during the WCW "Evolution of the Loose Cannon" era.

Guest dreamer420

I recently came across the Smackdown where the British Bulldog returned to the WWF and won the hardcore title. Then he gave it to Al Snow and said that he had won all the titles except the Heavyweight and he was going for it now. I know that push turned to shit but it was still one of my ultimate markout moments as I am the biggest Hart Foundation mark.

Guest snuffbox

I marked out when I unearthed a longlost copy of WWF's Oktoberfest SNME from 1990. Also on that tape - the Clash from 93 where Arn/Roma won the tag titles, and a Summerslam preview special from 93 with a Steiners-Money Inc main event cage match.

:( Sadly, its since been lost again

Guest Eagan469
I found UWF Blackjack Brawl from 1994 on one tape (taped off MSG)

Was that where Sid main evented against Dr. Death Steve Williams? Because I think I saw that...

Yeah, Mick Foley talks about the show in his first book

Guest Dmann2000

Found another tape, Clash of the Champion, January 1997, ECW TV (Night Barely Legal announce, Buh-Buh turns), RAW is WAR 5-4-97

Guest converge241

lol

i needed a tape to record CSi for the wife because she works overnights

it was unlabeled and had that Hulk- Giant match on Nitro where they premeiered that Robin Hood show with bits of the match in between with the usual NWO run in at the end

i watched a bit of it, then wondered why i would have taped it in the first place (my guess is i was not interested in watching Robin Hood and just wanted to fast forward through those parts) then taped over it

Guest Dmann2000

Ummm...you guys can kill me now

I was going through my tapes and found the beginning of Benoit vs Hart from Nitro...and 5 minutes later it was back to some random ECW.

Hell I saw some site has the Blast area edition of that Nitro, I'll just order/trade for it, but still

I feel so damn stupid.

I recently came across the Flair/Stevie promo on Raw. I had forgotten all about it, so I was eager to listen to it..........but I didn't tape the whole thing! :angry: Sometimes I hate myself.

And for those that found ECW on their tapes.........anything Stevie/Raven? I would say to send some to me, but I'm flat-out broke.