TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Downhome

Ddp has finally arrived in the wwf!

Guest Downhome

Hmmm, it seems all the WWF had to do was *gasp*, allow DDP to be just that...DDP, and he can *gasp*, get over with the fans! I mean really, why didn't they just allow him to be DDP from the begining?

God, the fans just seemed so in to him tonight on SD, and it's been building for the past week. ####, this is the most DDP has been over in a LONG time. One week ago, the fans sure didn't respond to him like this. I wonder why that was...

... oh yeah, he wasn't just being DDP!

I hope this is only the begining for him, because he can go all the way to the top if they just LET IT HAPPEN!

If you ask me, DDP is like a fine wine...

...and I'm sure you know the rest of THAT cliched line!

Sincerely,

...Downhome...

Guest nwawildsidemark

it just goes to show that despite the company effort to bury him, DDP got over thru hard work and charisma

I used to hate the Cutter but......man the cat has been impresive agianst Christian. They have put on A++++ matches. Paige is WWF champ of the world in 2 years...his response from his fans is amazing to every one. This is impresive even more cause of his age.....this brother is 60...but he is still in some beautiful shape I got to say.

Guest Mecca of Manhood

I'm glad DDP got over. He may be older than most WWF superstars, But he still rules.

Guest Goodear

I agree with the majority of the posters here, Page has been working much better lately than during his stalker days.  I think wrestles much better from underneath than when he has to carry the load of a match as a heel.  There's just something about him that screams " believable underdog" that works quite well against heels.  This was especially evident against Randy Savage in WCW.

If the WWF continues to use Page in this role, he could certainly serve very well as a midcard face in a federation that despirately needs some defined midcarders.

Guest Downhome

DDP is like a fine wine, he only gets better with age. By the way, I really hope you don't believe he's 60, lol.

Guest theWCWRaider

Yeah, they've given DDP something to work with, and you can not say that about the stalker angle, I think that was doomed from the beginning.

Here's a good rule of thumb, most angles involving a voice box, or voice alteration suck!

Guest Kahran Ramsus

DDP isn't that old.  I mean he is, but he didn't start wrestling until he was old so he doesn't have the wear and tear on his body that even a Jeff Hardy has.

Guest JAMES900

Yeah but I still wish he had is old wcw music.  Apart from that I'm glad DDP is getting over, maybe the whole sara thing will never be mentioned again on wwf television.

Guest Flair5000

It's a shame he got stuck with the Undertaker straight off. If he'd been brought in as himself and gone after Rock or something instead it could have been great. Still, good work has got him back on the right track. He'll never be WWF champ but as I-C champ he could be great.

Guest MARTYEWR

I'm happy for DDP, but man, Christian has done SFA since breaking up with Edge. They hardly had him defend the Euro title at all TV, and people wonder why the title is a joke. Hopefully they showcase Page a lot, but Storm and Christian BETTER wind up with the tag titles soon.

Guest Big Poppa Popick

ddp lived down the road from me back when i was in high school, sorta

anyways, met the fella at the hand car wash a few times, personable, and you can tell he just enjoys the business and making people feel something

ive got nothing but respect for the man who was told he would never make it, for him to have made it this far... i hope that they reprise his "people's champ" role and bring him on up before his body gives way...

and yeah, pictures don't do kimberly justice

/farooq damn

Guest Tony149

To DDP it must feel like he's starting over again. If you remember he couldn't do a damn thing in WCW in his first run as a wrestler in '91. Then he started getting better and actually won a World Title. I'm not the biggest DDP fan, but the guy took a buy-out from AOL Time Warner, when he could of sat at home and got paid lots of money. I respect that.

BUMP!

I went back to the BEGINNING of the WWE Forum... and found the WWF forum! Cool piece about DDP too! Hmm... Topic posted January 2002... this has been bumped July 2003! Over a year! Damn!

We should really look into the forums past here! It's kinda cool!

Guest Downhome

Wow.

I can't believe how they screwed up DDP. He could have been so usefull for the company had they just allowed him to do his thing.

Guest Downhome
Goddamn, i was reading that shit and was so loooooooost. The i though DH gave away a Smackdown spoiler. Then i looked at the date

lol

I thought I posted something earlier today that I totally forgot about or something, heh.

lol yeah

I wanted to see how far back the forums went and found this on the second to last page lol

DDP was so awesome... it sucks that he broke his neck or whatever happened.

Damn Bob Holly... he deserved to get fucked up by Lesnar from that sick powerbomb! Bob Holly killed DDP's career!

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

I can't believe they never managed to bring Kimberly in some how..

Guest BDC

DAMMITDAMMITDAMMIT

Don't get my hopes up like that you prick!

*sighs*

So cruel...

Guest Askewniverse
Wow.

I can't believe how they screwed up DDP. He could have been so usefull for the company had they just allowed him to do his thing.

Instead, they had him job to Sara.

Sadly, when I think of DDP in the WWF/WWE, the first thing that comes to mind is the vignette with a girl named Jennifer when he was doing the motivational speaker gimmick. There was just something funny about seeing DDP's grinning face right by the girl's ass after DDP said "and I want to touch you too!"

On a semi-related note, does anyone think that the WWE should give Randy Orton a DDP-type push? By that I mean letting Orton get clean wins by being able to hit the RKO (Diamond Cutter) out of nowhere, much like DDP used to do.

Ddp has finally arrived in the wwf!

He came back and out of retirement?

Guest Askewniverse

Nope. Check the date of the original post. It's dated February 1, 2002.

Guest Fook_Hing_Ho

That's quite the bump.

It's a shame for ddp. He could have been huge in the wwe, but politics screwed him.

Guest Vyce

I hate this bump.

You almost got my hopes up.

I know he can't wrestle, but for half a second I thought this thread meant he had been brought back as an announcer or something like that.

Nope. Check the date of the original post. It's dated February 1, 2002.

Ah shit.

It's a shame for ddp. He could have been huge in the wwe, but politics screwed him.

That and Bob Holly.