TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stevie Franchise

AmDrag in TNA

Guest Stevie Franchise

i heard Doug Williams wrestled a dark match in TNA by the way does anybody know how he did. If TNA is interested in Williams why not AmDrag. I can't wait for the Williams/Dragon 2/3 falls in ROH so why doesn't TNA do it so they can earn an extra 10 dollers

Guest ShooterJay

Doug Williams doesn't have Japan commitments like AmDrag does, they've got enough scheduling problems already with XXX and Red.

Guest Tim Cooke

First, Dragon's style doesn't fit TNA at all.

Second, his commitments to NJPW and the Dojo in LA would prevent him from that.

Third, TNA tends to make good wrestlers worse so I would just as well that he stays away from the organization.

Tim

Guest OSIcon

I hope Dragon stays away from TNA.

He wouldn't fit in the X-Division where big spots are the most important thing. He would probably be a little better off as a heavyweight mid carder but the list of people he could work with and not have to dumb down his style for, is very limited. I question how well a match that is even a little bit mat based would get over to the live crowd who have been conditioned to Brawls and X-Division matches for the most part.

Guys like Ki and Styles do half of what they are capable of when they are in TNA rings. I don't see why American Dragon would be any different.

Guest Raven_Effect01
Guys like Ki and Styles do half of what they are capable of when they are in TNA rings.

Why does one of WWE's rival promotions have to copy them if that's the case? I know WWE doesn't let good wrestlers do what they're really capable of, but it really sucks when yet another promotion limits good wrestlers. It's like TNA thinks the WWE style's cool or something, when it really isn't.

I would say Russo might have something to do with it in TNA's case, but someone might counter it with "this was going on even before Russo became a writer/booker".

Guest Stevie Franchise

i've never seen tna so if thats the case i guess its best he should stay away then

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins

If TNA brought in AmDrag with Lo Ki and Chris Daniels the first few weeks, he would be just as over as they are. But due to Japan, and isn't he travelling the WWE House Show circit, he wouldn't have time for TNA.

Guest What?

Spike, who's the chick and the other dude beside Raven in your sig pic.

And I would rather American Dragon stay in RoH. He does seem to fit in better there.

ive never seen matches of low ki and styles outside of tna so i wouldn't know what they do in the indys (besides roh. i have some best of low ki and styles videos, but i haven't watched them). at least the fans know what to pop for. in the wwe i remember them popping huge at summerslam for a fucking over the top rope dive or something from rey jr. at least styles and low ki and whoever else are allowed to bump like crazy. and dont even think they dont want the lightweights to outshine the heavyweights. if that was the case, the x division wouldn't have been so hot in the summer.

Guest DawnBTVS
Spike, who's the chick and the other dude beside Raven in your sig pic.

Slash and Alexis Laree if I'm not mistaken..

Wow...

Alexis Laree is hot!

Yep, Alexis Laree and Julio Dinero.

The Flock = Ratings.

And for no real reason, this is the best pic I can find of her with Raven. It would be in my sig, but I thought it would be right if Julio was in the pic also.

44.jpg

Guest What?

I wish I was Raven...

*dreams of Alexis Laree*

Didn't she used to manage the Briscoes or something?

Guest OSIcon
If TNA brought in AmDrag with Lo Ki and Chris Daniels the first few weeks, he would be just as over as they are.

Daniels is over? They really haven't had him do much and from what I've seen I really wouldn't consider him over.

Ki was real over when they were just letting him wrestle back in the summer. I guess he is still over now, but less so now that he has a "character" courtesy of Russo. Guess you really don't need something like that to get over.

I am not sure if Dragon would be over. I really can't say because we haven't see anyone wrestle his style in TNA yet. If they put him in the X-Division and he really stayed true to himself, I don't think he would really get over. The fans inm TNA are conditioned to seeing X-Division matches that are mainly big move after big move. American Dragon, wrestling like he does in ROH, wouldn't provide that. Of course, he is capable of wrestling the 'X-Division' style, but then what good is he? You can find others that can also do that.

Guest Retro Rob
and isn't he travelling the WWE House Show circit

He was working Heat and Velocity a few months ago, but I haven't seen/heard of him jobbing on TV or wrestling dark matches for a while now. Pretty sad since Steph made him change his look and all that. I think she had him cut his hair differently or something.

If TNA brought in AmDrag with Lo Ki and Chris Daniels the first few weeks, he would be just as over as they are.

Daniels is over? They really haven't had him do much and from what I've seen I really wouldn't consider him over.

Ki was real over when they were just letting him wrestle back in the summer. I guess he is still over now, but less so now that he has a "character" courtesy of Russo. Guess you really don't need something like that to get over.

I am not sure if Dragon would be over. I really can't say because we haven't see anyone wrestle his style in TNA yet. If they put him in the X-Division and he really stayed true to himself, I don't think he would really get over. The fans inm TNA are conditioned to seeing X-Division matches that are mainly big move after big move. American Dragon, wrestling like he does in ROH, wouldn't provide that. Of course, he is capable of wrestling the 'X-Division' style, but then what good is he? You can find others that can also do that.

You know, you're right. I should probably rephrase it.

If Am Drag was brought in the first few weeks like Lo Ki and Daniels, he would be more WELL KNOWN like them.

Yeah, I'm sure that's what I meant.

And Steph made him get a hair cut and a tan.

I thought Trinity managed the Maximos and Alexis managed Divine Storm

Guest Coffey

You know, American Dragon is one of my favorite, if not my current favorite wrestler still working in the business. That being said, I don't know if I'd want him in NWA or not. Him having to tone down his ring work doesn't really matter that much to me, as long as he's still entertaining. I wish him all the best, and if he ever does go to NWA, I hope that he's making the right decision.

I know I wouldn't mind watching him weekly.

Guest ShooterJay

Trinity managed Divine Storm. Alexis managed York and Matthews to start in ROH, and now manages AJ Styles in that promotion.

Getting back on topic, doesn't it seem like we have a "Why isn't American Dragon in TNA" topic every couple of months?

Guest Lord of The Curry
i heard Doug Williams wrestled a dark match in TNA by the way does anybody know how he did. If TNA is interested in Williams why not AmDrag. I can't wait for the Williams/Dragon 2/3 falls in ROH so why doesn't TNA do it so they can earn an extra 10 dollers

Just to clarify things the upcoming ROH match is Paul London vs American Dragon which should kick 1001 different types of ass.

Guest Mad Dog

Yeah I guess Low Ki isn't over. Maybe I was hearing things when fans would chant his name when he was a face.

Guest Tim Cooke

"Yeah I guess Low Ki isn't over. Maybe I was hearing things when fans would chant his name when he was a face."

Yea, you are hearing things ass. When he was wrestling normally in the X-Division when they first brought him in, he was over ass. When Russo tried to get cute and do stuff that didn't fit his character, he hasn't been over again ass.

Tim

Guest Mad Dog

I'm listening to a file of his match with Corino which was pretty recent and he got chants during that match.

Guest subliminal_animal

That's all well and good, guy above me, but you know what chant they really need?

"GO HOME HOMO GO HOME (clap, clap)."

Oh, and by "they" I mean "everybody and even the everybodies not related to wrestling in terms of working in the business or being a fan of said business."

He wouldn't fit in the X-Division where big spots are the most important thing.  He would probably be a little better off as a heavyweight mid carder but the list of people he could work with and not have to dumb down his style for, is very limited.  I question how well a match that is even a little bit mat based would get over to the live crowd who have been conditioned to Brawls and X-Division matches for the most part.

I think Dragon is pretty good all-around, he just relies a lot on mat wrestling. It separates him from a lot of guys and gives him an identity, which I'd think has something to do with it. I'm sure he could put in enough of the crowd-popping stuff to get over. I'm sure he can do some high-flying stuff.

And I would rather American Dragon stay in RoH. He does seem to fit in better there.

It's not like he would have to leave.

Of course, he is capable of wrestling the 'X-Division' style, but then what good is he?  You can find others that can also do that.

But he can probably wrestle it a lot better than most of those guys. Maybe not all the highspots the crowd'd be accustomed to, but ... well, you know. Or don't you?

I thought Trinity managed the Maximos and Alexis managed Divine Storm

This is getting so crazy!

To my knowledge:

Alexis was with York and Matthews in ROH, then went to AJ Styles and I think London a couple times. She kind of manages Red in ROH, too, now, as he and Styles are tag champs. I don't believe she's ever managed in ROH, save for her current role with Raven, I guess.

Trinity hasn't been with ROH as of late, but she has always managed Divine Storm, and managed them in TNA as well. I don't know what happened to Divine Storm in TNA, but she's now with Kash, teasing breakups as Kash slowly turns heel.

The Briscoes weren't managed in ROH or TNA. Actually, I kind remember reading Trinity was with them once in TNA, but who cares. (Obviously me to a certain degree).

The Maximos aren't currently managed in ROH or TNA.

What waste of time!

Guest Tim Cooke

"I think Dragon is pretty good all-around, he just relies a lot on mat wrestling."

He is the BEST Indy guy in the US today, hands down. I think he works smart more than relying on mat work.

"I'm sure he can do some high-flying stuff."

Then he is just another plain TNA highspot guy.

He needs to focus on his NJ gig while continuing to be the top guy in ROH in terms of great matches rather than bother with TNA and their bullshit.

Tim

(Noble/AmDrag from Velocity was better than ANYTHING TNA has ever produced)

Guest OSIcon
But he can probably wrestle it a lot better than most of those guys. Maybe not all the highspots the crowd'd be accustomed to, but ... well, you know. Or don't you?

I don't think he can "wrestle" the X-Division style better then most people. Simply because the X-Division style is just highspot-highspot-highspot-big indy move-kick out-big indy move-kick out, ect. There are guys that have bigger highspots then Dragon. There are guys with a lot more innovative indy-ish moves.

Dragon's strengths lie elsewhere. I just don't see the point in bringing him into TNA if he has to change around his style in order to get over with what the fans are accustomed to.

I am talking about the crowd at the arena and the majority of their fans. Like the ones that frequent some of the TNA fan boards I have seen out there. While you, me, and others would love to see Dragon wrestle his style in the X-Division at TNA, I just don't know how well that would get over with the majority of TNA's fan base.