TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stevie Franchise

AmDrag in TNA

Guest Mad Dog

I think American Dragon vs. Jerry Lynn would be an excellent match.

EDIT: I think you could enter him into the X Division and have Tenay and West build up the fact that he's using the mat work to eliminate the high spots from all the other X guys.

Guest Lord of The Curry

And the TNA crowd that is used to spotfests shit's on all of Dragons offense. Superb.

Guest Tim Cooke

Dragon/Lynn *might* be okay but Lynn is not exactly the definition of someone who is going to kick out a ****+ match.

Tim

AmDrag's work would be completely lost on the Nashville crowd and they'd sit on their hands even more than they usually do.

I once showed a friend of mine, who's a mark, the ROH 3-way from The Era of Honor Begins (Ki/Daniels/Dragon) and he said that Dragon impressed him the least because he didn't do "cool shit".

Dames

Guest Stevie Franchise
i heard Doug Williams wrestled a dark match in TNA by the way does anybody know how he did. If TNA is interested in Williams why not AmDrag. I can't wait for the Williams/Dragon 2/3 falls in ROH so why doesn't TNA do it so they can earn an extra 10 dollers

Just to clarify things the upcoming ROH match is Paul London vs American Dragon which should kick 1001 different types of ass.

No at the end of ROH Scramble Madness Doug Williams challenged AmDrag to a 2/3 falls match after he lost the 30-minute iron man match and it hasn't been booked yet

Guest Daddy X

Dragon is very slow, very, methodical, and definatly my kind of wrestler. He jsut wouldn't fit in with TNA as hardly anybody there can take it to the mat as well as him and work at that slow, methodical pace with Dragon.

Guest bob_barron
i heard Doug Williams wrestled a dark match in TNA by the way does anybody know how he did. If TNA is interested in Williams why not AmDrag. I can't wait for the Williams/Dragon 2/3 falls in ROH so why doesn't TNA do it so they can earn an extra 10 dollers

Just to clarify things the upcoming ROH match is Paul London vs American Dragon which should kick 1001 different types of ass.

No at the end of ROH Scramble Madness Doug Williams challenged AmDrag to a 2/3 falls match after he lost the 30-minute iron man match and it hasn't been booked yet

Well at 4.12 they're doing Dragon v. London because Lowki is going to Japan.

A quick look at rohwrestling.com will show you that

Guest Mad Dog

I really wish Ring of Honor tapes and DVDs were cheaper. I've been wanting to get a lot of their stuff but the $20-$25 price tag keeps scaring me off.

if fans can cheer for benoit and angle, they can cheer for dragon. benoit and angle have been forced to the crowd as WRESTLERS and not sports entertainers. so when benoit and angle flop around the ring reversing crotch grabs into head locks, the fans cheer. fans can do the same for a daniels vs dragon match.

and i think dragon is number 2. behind daniels. then low ki and styles then red. HEY, its my opinion. ;)

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins
if fans can cheer for benoit and angle, they can cheer for dragon. benoit and angle have been forced to the crowd as WRESTLERS and not sports entertainers. so when benoit and angle flop around the ring reversing crotch grabs into head locks, the fans cheer. fans can do the same for a daniels vs dragon match.

and i think dragon is number 2. behind daniels. then low ki and styles then red. HEY, its my opinion. ;)

But you got to look at, most of the Nashville fans don't know who Am Drag is. People cheer for Angle and Benoit because they have been watching them for the past few years.

And the order is AJ, Daniels, Am Drag, Lo Ki. Red is no where near them.

Guest Phoenix Fury Legdrop

The order is Chris Hero, American Dragon, CM Punk, Chris Daniels, and the rest fall in place. Nobody is better than Chris Hero. Unless Hero sleeps wrong one night, and Punk and/or Dragon are working the same night. Then the order switches, for that night only. It's that even.

The order is Chris Hero, American Dragon, CM Punk, Chris Daniels, and the rest fall in place. Nobody is better than Chris Hero. Unless Hero sleeps wrong one night, and Punk and/or Dragon are working the same night. Then the order switches, for that night only. It's that even.

I find CM Punk overrated. Chris Hero.....sounds familiar, but I can't seem to place my finger on it. And Daniels + AJ > Am Drag.

Guest Phoenix Fury Legdrop

Hero = the other half of one of the more famous indy serieses in years, Hero vs. Punk, including their 93 minute classic a couple of months ago.

By the way, have you ever seen Punk in IWA-MS? I really doubt you'd find him overrated if you saw him there. The series with Hero, the TPI, his awesome match with Jimmy Rave at the Ultra Styles Clash weekend, and not to mention, his awesome commentating and promo skills. Best promo on the indies today, bar none.

Styles is good, but when he's off, man is he off.

The crowd may not know him...but they'll appreciate him. There's a lot of smarts out there. I mean, there's a heel section...and I heard a pop for Paul London when he showed up for the first time, and I barely heard of him.

Hero = the other half of one of the more famous indy serieses in years, Hero vs. Punk, including their 93 minute classic a couple of months ago.

By the way, have you ever seen Punk in IWA-MS? I really doubt you'd find him overrated if you saw him there. The series with Hero, the TPI, his awesome match with Jimmy Rave at the Ultra Styles Clash weekend, and not to mention, his awesome commentating and promo skills. Best promo on the indies today, bar none.

Styles is good, but when he's off, man is he off.

Hmmm. I'll look into it.

Guest OSIcon
The crowd may not know him...but they'll appreciate him. There's a lot of smarts out there. I mean, there's a heel section...and I heard a pop for Paul London when he showed up for the first time, and I barely heard of him.

Most of the time TNA crowds can't even be bothered to cheer for supposed "big spots". Its possible Dragon would be over/get over, but I wouldn't put my money on it. Especially if they put him in the X-Division.

And Daniels + AJ > Am Drag.

Styles is good and has potential, but he is still generally overly spotty. He still needs the right opponent in order to have a legit real good match. He's got crowd pleasing moves and all, but he hasn't showed that he has the other ingredients (knowing when to do your spots/when not to, some selling issues, timing, build, ect.)

AmDrag has most of that down already. He's just an extremely smart worker that really knows how to structure a match. And that is really more important then anything else. Not to mention he's got all the other stuff down like moveset, selling, ect.

I would AmDrag first and Daniels second as far as Indy wrestlers go. I don't even know if Styles is on the top 5 right now.

Guest Tim Cooke

AmDrag is WORLDS apart from Styles, Daniels, Ki, etc.

Dragon works SMART. Pre 10/02, Daniels and Ki were right with him. After his trip to NJPW and his training at the LA NJ Dojo, he is just levels apart in putting together matches, selling, and overall ability to tell a variety of stories with a variety of opponents.

11/9 v Styles

- reels Styles in a more than solid match. Probably the best ROH match of the Observer Calender Year (12/01-11/02).

11/16 v Williams

- Williams excels at longer matches but Dragon is the glue to keeping this thing focused.

12/7 v London

- MOTYC, legit. First men's match in a few years which I could put up there with the ****1/2 AJPW classics of the 1990's.

12/28 v Ki v Joe v Corino

- Once again, the glue. Great work with Joe.

1/11 and 2/8 v Joe

- Joe's best work in ROH so far.

Styles isn't ready for that task yet. London is way ahead of him, especially in smartness and selling, the two key elements to any worker. Styles has the charisma and natural ability to be awesome. He doesn't have the smart thought process yet.

That said, Styles is better than Jerry "I have no smart work" Lynn.

Tim

Guest Nevermortal

Tim's right. Dragon has *IT* when it comes to working smart, well laid out matches. I doubt he's going to get that in TNA, or even the WWE.

TNA's mainly interested in the kill yourself type cruiserweights, not the smart, technical workers. Which is sorta understandable considering the time constraints.

Guest ShooterJay

I see nothing special about Chris Hero.

By "special" I mean anything that distinguishes him for the rest of the indy pack- no look, no physique, mic skills only slightly above average, and "markout" spots.

Maybe American Dragon would work well in this whole Saturn/Barton angle, especially if he played up the striking aspect of his syle.

Guest bob_barron

The one match I saw CM Punk in I didn't like- it was at Final Battle v. Cabana.

Styles Clash- Where can I get the tape with the 93 minute match?

Guest OSIcon
The one match I saw CM Punk in I didn't like- it was at Final Battle v. Cabana.

Yea, Punk is so much better then that. I guess he just had off night there when he blew like three spots. I haven't seen him blow anything major before then or after that match. His first match against Cabana in ROH (on 12/7) is world's better.

Guest Lord of The Curry

bob- www.smartmarkvideo.com has IWA-MS tapes for sale if you're looking for some Hero/Punk goodness.

Guest OSIcon
I really wish Ring of Honor tapes and DVDs were cheaper. I've been wanting to get a lot of their stuff but the $20-$25 price tag keeps scaring me off.

From the ROH website:

"The first three ROH events are now on sale for just the next 48 hours for just $15 each at RFVideo.com!!! Act now because this sale ends Monday at midnight. These are the events that saw ROH make its reputation and capture the attention of the wrestling world. The shows include:

-2/23/02 "Era Of Honor Begins"- The one that started it all with the three-way you've heard so much about pitting Low Ki vs. American Dragon vs. Chris Daniels plus Eddy Guerrero vs. Super Crazy and much more!!!

-3/30/02 "Round Robin Challenge"- One of ROH's best cards ever features the legendary Low Ki vs. American Dragon match plus Brian "Spanky" Kendrick in a bloodbath!!!

-4/27/02 "A Night Of Appreciation"- It was a night to pay tribute to Eddy Guerrero and it also includes the first ever Low Ki vs. AJ Styles match plus much more!!!

Check the Merchandise section for complete listings, but don't take too long because this sale only lasts until Monday 4/14!!!"

So if you looking for them cheap, now would be a good time to get them.

Guest RedJed

Or just go through tape trades or even 1st gen versions from tape traders that sell them for only 10 bucks.

*shameless shilling of ones site*

Regardless though, I think paying $20-25 a piece for the shows is even worth it.

Guest Tim Cooke

First, if you are getting 1st Gens from a tape trader, he must have some terrific equipment. Got to get past the Copyguard plus have some decent machines which most traders tend not to have.

Second, buy the tapes from the people who make them. I think RF is a slimeball and scumbag. I would NEVER get any of his other tapes. That said, the ROH tapes are well produced and allow the company to continue running.

It's kind of like if you are really too lazy to get a WEEEEEEEE PPV or PRIDE PPV (if you have Direct TV until June) and you buy it some kid on the internet. I totally understand Japanese and Mexican stuff, and even older US stuff, but current stuff that affects if the company survives or not, I don't get.

Tim

Guest RedJed

I've been fucked by RF too many times to count (even since ROH came around), so excuse me if I don't throw 25 to them every shot, IIRC they make enough from live sales to break even, and the tape sales solely accounts for the profits. I made the effort and bought their first few DVDs, but it took them so long to get them out to me that I stopped that about 2 shows in. They lost my account info on the second DVD, so I had to order it again.......really pissed me off since losing my credit card information isnt exactly a reassuring feeling. I will say though that everyone who is into ROH or wants to check them out for the first time should at least throw down some money to Feinstein for a couple tapes, so something is going towards the cause at least a little bit. Unless I hear talk that ROH is in financial shambles because not enough are buying the tapes, I will just continue to find them through trades personally. Seems they are doing great currently anyway since I read they even upgraded production with the show over the weekend. Depending on how long that takes to get out to the masses I may just purchase that one, hearing how tremendous London-Dragon was.

The masters are in fact hard to bypass on the VHS versions, but if you have an older machine, it can certainly be done.....all of what I have recieved came from masters. What I find hard to fathom is that the DVDs (that I have at least) have zero copyguard. With all of the extra time spent on those DVDs, I thought that would be one of their main issues to take care of, guess not.

Guest ShooterJay

I said somewhere else- Melanie McKee (the girl Styles Clash pimps in his reviews on the main site) has a sima copymaster, which gets past RF's copyguard. Plus, if you mention the review, only $12. She only has ROH up to 11/9 though.