TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tank_abbott

Scary Shit

Guest tank_abbott

Here's a collection of freaky shit going on around me:

1st off I was upstairs one day a few weeks ago, and I distinctly heard voices coming from downstairs, I was home alone so I went down to check it out and no one was there, no TV, Radio , nothing...

There's a old abandoned church near my house with an old alter you can still go see, and 20+ priests are buried in its front yard, and supposedly back in the 60's the Holy Statue's there (since taken down) had been bleeding.

One of my co-workers claimed to have a picture of a confederate soilder that appeared out of no where on a picture of her china cabinet, when she moved , the picture disappered.

There's a rail road crossing a few 100 miles from me that has wierd lights appear by it from a distance, and groups of people go and see it quite often I'm told.

There's also a Hotel near my house that brags about having a ghost in one of the rooms, the hotel is over 100 years old, and the sightings have occured for a long while...

Guest HBK16

Since we are talking about this kinda of stuff...

At my friend's house everytime I spent the night there, we would always see shadows in the hall way. The moon always shined through the window so it left a nice chunk of light streaming in and it hit the wall of the hall way. So everytime I was there at night, around midnight, we would always see a shadow move across the hall. Once it entered the room and walked across. I called out his name cuz it scared the shit out of me and right then it went away. It was kinda weird. Some weird shit happens at my house that we can never explain like I leave to my neighbors to go barrow a DVD or something and I lock the door and when I come back the door is wide open. I always lock my door no matter where I am going and the only other person that lives with me is my sister and she is really never home.

Guest That 1996 Guy

HBK saved this thead. Tank blows harder than my gimmick.

I could tell you this amazingly scary tale of ghouls and nightmarish figures that appear within the confines of my house..

But then i'd be lying.

Guest tank_abbott
HBK saved this thead. Tank blows harder than my gimmick.

Ummm...I know i'm not the most popular poster here, but what in the world sparked this random hatred?

Did yo Mama not cum enuff tymes last nite?

*OMG Slang Speak!! UNTOUCHABLE level of maturity shown by TANK*

Guest SP-1
I shall now use that post as my reasoning for my hatred.

That's pretty genius.

Uhh . . . on topic:

I was once in my living room one night and I looked up to see a dark black . . . form . . . across the room. I was paralyzed for what seemed like an eternity but was probably only a minute or so. I don't remember exactly how the situation ended. Either it left and and I bolted or I bolted on principle.

A few weird things in my house here and there but I don't have much of a problem with it for various reasons.

Guest evilhomer

I can't say that I've ever had an experience, there's been a few noises and/or shadows here or there, but nothing that's ever made me shit my pants.

My Dad however has got a story that freaks the shit out of me. (My mom's father passed away a few years before they were married). Shortly after my parents were married, they were in their apartment one night and a bright white light appeared out of the darkness. This light was so bright that you could have read a book from it. Out of the light, my grandfather's face appeared and spoke to them. It wasn't anything scary, just a message of love and his approval of my dad for my mom, that he knew my dad was the right one for her.

My dad is very sincere about this story so I have no reason to disbelieve it. He doesn't tell it very often though because most people don't believe it and/or can't handle it. It freaks the hell out of me because it is actual tangible evidence of the afterlife.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

One time I was walking into my room to grab a CD to listen to on my computer. My remote for my TV is next to my amp, and it glows in the dark. The only light in my room is from a ceiling fan, which has no switch and only a string. So I'm walking in and reaching to pull the string, and I'm looking at the TV remote's butons glowing in the dark. Then I see a heavy shadows move over them very quickly. I turned the light on, but nothing was there. Freaked me out all night.

My friend Drew was once throwing a frisbee around his house when he was little. One of his hallways has a door at the end that is usually open, but was closed that day. Drew threw the frisbee at the doorway, and it stopped about half a foot from the door, hovered for a few seconds, and then came back to him.

Guest SP-1

My mom tells me that after my dad died, she heard him laughing and stuff outside of our house where, I believe, he was working on building a porch or something. My memory is sketchy about that period of my life.

I heard something ALOT like his laugh once, the first night we moved into a new home. My dad had a very distinct kind of laugh and it freaked me out a little when it just rang out one night. It could have been something else though. I'm hesitant to swear to things like that.

Guest HBK16

While reading evilhomer's story it reminded me of a story that I overheard my mom telling a priest a while back. She said she was in her early 20's. And she was in her backyard and saw a little girl just appear out of no where. The little girl didnt say anything just stood there and my mom felt like she couldnt move her eyes. She just had her eyes locked on to hers. The figure dissapeared but my mom said the little girl was a demon. Even though she didnt look like it nor said anything she said she felt a presence of evil in her. Like she could see it in her eyes. But she said it had something to do with the way she was looking at her. She never told me or any of my brothers or sister about this. I only over heard her talking about it. Kinda weird.

Guest Flyboy

It's not along the lines of ghosts or demons, but this does freak me out because it sometimes happens to me:

Sleep paralysis is the experience of waking up (usually form a dream) and feeling paralyzed, except for being able to breathe and move the eyes. Hypnogogic hallucinations and sleep paralysis may occur together. These conditions are common in people with narcolepsy but can also effect others, particularly people who are sleep-deprived. Although a pretty terrifying event, these events are not physically harmful. There are two major types of sleep paralysis: common (typical) also known as CSP and hallucinatory (hypnagogic) sleep paralysis known as HSP.

Guest SP-1

Flyboy, some cultures associate sleep paralysis with being visited by a "Hag" (among other names), which is a demonic force. Not saying I believe it's true but I think it's an interesting tid-bit.

Not to freak you out even more. Just sayin'. I've had a similar experience that was akin to lucid dreaming (I think it's called). Realizing you're dreaming but unable to force yourself to wake up. Trapped in a concious limbo of sorts. THAT will freak you out.

Guest Flyboy
Flyboy, some cultures associate sleep paralysis with being visited by a "Hag" (among other names), which is a demonic force. Not saying I believe it's true but I think it's an interesting tid-bit.

I do my research:

Different cultures throughout time have interpreted HSPs as different spirits or events.

Ancestral ghosts - Southeast Asians

Hag - Irish and Scottish

Cats - Chinese

Spectral foxes - Japanese

Djinn - Arabs

Guilt - Romans and the Egyptians

Witchcraft - Mexicans

Vampires - Europeans

Demons - Medieval Europe

HSPs are usually a vision of a small creature that sits on the victims chest. The creature then either compresses the chest or attempts to strangulate the victim. Almost all attacks have been reported by people sleeping on their backs.

Guest eiker_ir

finally i know what happened to me once, sleep paralysis

i opened my eyes one night while sleeping and felt like if i was choking or something 'cuz i couldn't speak. it laste for like ten seconds

i was vere freaked out after that, i tought i was possesed for a second or something lol

that happened like a year or something ago....

Guest SP-1

Is it me, or do the Irish always have the swank mythological explanations? The Hag, the Banshee, I love that side of their culture.

Guest Anglesault

I'll tell you one thing, If I'm ever visited by ANYTHING, I'm throwing garlic or holy water at it and then running for my life, because it most certainly is evil, because anyone that knows me (That has passed on) knows that I cannot take something like that, it would scare the shit out of me even if it was a good visit.

Guest Choken One

As a Kid my TV come on ALL the time in the middle of the night and would actually CHANGE channels...It could not had been my Sister or my parents cuz they were on the other side of the house...It wasn't my Dogs since I left the Remote on the Table and the dogs never could reach it...I stopped when I got a new tv...But It's still at my Grandmother's Attic...I may bust it out just to see if it still does it...

I remember When I brought this Used Car when I was about 17 to use while my Truck was being Repaired...It was a simple Buick ...Nothing special but it had POWER WINDOWS motherfucker! But Late at night ALWAYS around 4 A.M the car would start up on it's own every day...My Parents were confused and actually thought I ran away because they heard the car start off and I wasn't in my room sleeping...I fallen asleep in the Den watching Wrestling Tapes...So they never thought to look there. However...They saw the Car running and we got it checked out after a few days and it turned out the former owner had a Automatic Starter on it that came on when It got below 21 degrees. I lived with that car for a couple for weeks and never saw it again...

and ONE more thing...My Wife's Uncle's House was on this old Farm House (but he didn't farm or nothing)...But a Cow would always show up every night at around Midnight and Moo exactly 4 times and walk away...It went on for months and we never figured where he came from because he went into the woods and we could never find him...

Guest tank_abbott

One more of my own to add...

...When me and my cousin were having a sleep over at my grandma's house when I was like 8 or 9, my grandma used this Virgin Mary Night light/lamp type of thing, and both me and my cousin saw this lamp turn from side to side before laying back in its original spot...

I remember this well, but it may have been a dream...

Also I was driving to work one night and i could've sworn I saw a large shadow/hairy being dart into a ditch a few hundred feet in front of me...I slowed down but never saw whatever it was...probably a optical trick

Guest Youth N Asia

I wish I had a spooky ghost story to tell. I've never seen one or had a run in or anything. But I'd like to.

Guest SP-1
Also I was driving to work one night and i could've sworn I saw a large shadow/hairy being dart into a ditch a few hundred feet in front of me...I slowed down but never saw whatever it was...probably a optical trick

You, sir, are braver than I. If I ever saw a hairy beast leap into a ditch ahead of me, I ain't slowing down when I get to where I thought I saw it happen.

Guest Anglesault

I think he didn't want to run it over in case it was like Albert or something else human.

Guest SP-1

My friend told me a story once that this beast-like bird creature was on the side of the road and extended a wing as he drove pst, taking out his headlight. Or something like that.

Guest godthedog
Well i live with a large furry mammal

I call him "Dad"

are you bam margera?

Guest tank_abbott

I call him "Dad"

are you bam margera?

I'm lost on that reference

Guest tank_abbott
My friend told me a story once that this beast-like bird creature was on the side of the road and extended a wing as he drove pst, taking out his headlight. Or something like that.

Moth man?

Guest SP-1
My friend told me a story once that this beast-like bird creature was on the side of the road and extended a wing as he drove pst, taking out his headlight.  Or something like that.

Moth man?

No. We're too far south. Mothie sightings are generally more northern things, IIRC. Around here it coulda been a deer with a newspaper stuck to it's leg.

Guest HBK16

I call him "Dad"

are you bam margera?

I'm lost on that reference

Bams dad is one hairy guy