TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest converge241

Battle of The Bands

Guest converge241

pick two artists and then well debate 5 th voter or so gets to pick 2 new bands

In the red corner Buffalo Tom in the blue corner Grant Lee Buffalo

"LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE"

I like both a lot but while Grant Lee had better songs, Buffalo Tom had better albums so my vote goes to them

Guest PencilJobber

I agree Grant Lee had better songs but Buffalo Tom had a better name and also there Albums were much better IMO and putting together a Good album is harder than a Good song so i go with Buffalo Tom

Guest Choken One

:::Shrugs shoulders:::

Buffalo Tom I guess for the name alone...

Are we gonna use real mainstream bands or just the typical TSM elitish indy bands?

Guest converge241

lol @ choken

i was just listening to GLBuffalo while typing that but no i dont want it just to be those types :)

Guest Choken One

Thanks Converge you started off with the two most OBSCURE bands in history...Let's do this up again...More "Known Bands"...

Life of Agony or Korn...

I'll go with LOA.

Guest Anglesault

Never heard of Life of Agony.

Recieved Korn as a gift from someone, went three years without opening it.

LOA by default. Even though no one knows hm

Oh, for Chrst sakes,

The Grateful Dead vs. Wings

Guest Harry Hood

The Greatful Dead...awesome and sustained excellence.

Also, alhtough Wings had some good songs, I'm not the biggest fan of Sir Paul

Guest Choken One

HOW THE FUCK DO NONE OF YOU MOTHERFUCKERS KNOW LOA?

No shock to see that fucking Aerosmith loving never heard of LOA...

Oh yeah the game...

I am not all that familar to to In Flames so Killswitch Engage wins...

New One...

Mad Season Vs Stereomud....

I swear if no one heard of MS...I'll fucking stab that motherfucking piece of shit to death...

Guest Anglesault

Who vs. Who?

swear if no one heard of MS...I'll fucking stab that motherfucking piece of shit to death...

::Runs for my life::

Guest Vern Gagne
I swear if no one heard of MS...I'll fucking stab that motherfucking piece of shit to death...

Of course I've heard of that group. They play instruments and sing different songs.

Guest Choken One

Who vs. Who?

swear if no one heard of MS...I'll fucking stab that motherfucking piece of shit to death...

::Runs for my life::

:::Hunts Down AS and knocks on his Door, AS, Preoccupied by Watching Angle Memorials and blasting Don't Wanna Miss a Thing from Aerosmith on the stereo neglects to notice Choken standing behind Him..Sniffs Hair...jesus Head&Shoulders, Please motherfucker!...In Falsetto voice "I DON'T WANNA FALL ASLEEP, Cuz I don't wanna miss a AHHH, HELP!"...Choke laughs as AS runs around the house...AS runs to the back door but CKone IS already there... "Get Away from me, You Whacko!", CKone draws out a large switchblade....He smiles...He softly whispers into AS's ear "When you get out of the hospital...Pick up a Copy of Mad Season's "Above" and while you at it...get a copy of "River Runs Red" from Life of Agony...MMMkay?" CKone thrusts the blade into AS's Quad and wipes the blood off his knife...Picks up the phone "Hello, 911, How Can I assist you? "Hi, I just happened to Stab this guy...By the time you get here...I'll be gone." :::

Guest Anglesault

Shows what you know. I'm listening to to Chip away the Stone.

Pick up a Copy of Mad Season's "Above" and while you at it...get a copy of "River Runs Red" from Life of Agony...MMMkay?"

Now why would I do something like that? If I've never heard of them, chances are, they don't play the kind of music I listen to (Rock) What's my motivation? And no, I have no interest in "expanding my musical horizon" or some such hogwash.

Guest Choken One

Pick up a Copy of Mad Season's "Above" and while you at it...get a copy of "River Runs Red" from Life of Agony...MMMkay?"

Now why would I do something like that? If I've never heard of them, chances are, they don't play the kind of music I listen to (Rock) What's my motivation? And no, I have no interest in "expanding my musical horizon" or some such hogwash.

Didn't the fact that I stabbed you in the Quad give you MOTIVATION to pick up the CD?

Besides...If you didn't know Mad Season Front man was Layne Staley...I assume even YOU know who that is...

Guest Anglesault

Assuming I was an Alice in Chains fan, it's a bit of a leap to assume I would like this band because he was leader singer. The rest of the band is different, correct?

Guest Choken One

Of course the band is different but you said that u liked Rock right? Well that's what Mad Season is...a Great Short-lived rock band.

Look, Just download a couple songs like River of Deceit and I'm Above.

However, No you likely won't get into LOA mainly because it's quite Somber and can get pretty depressing really fast with the lyrics but it's still good stuff. I recomend for someone like you to Download "Underground"...However I personally love "Drained" "This Time" "My Eyes" "The Stain Remains" "Bad Seed"...

Guest Choken One

Audioslave...I can't stand Political Bullshit in my music...

Beatles Vs Hendrix

"Who is the bigger Impression?"

I'll go with Hendrix

Guest Steviekick
In Flames v. Killswitch Engage

In Flames

I'll take KsE...they're a victim of the glass ceiling

Guest Anglesault

Beatles and Hendrix. OOOH. I have to got with Beatles. I'm a big Sir Paul fan.

Beatles and Hendrix. OOOH. I have to got with Beatles. I'm a big Sir Paul fan.

Here is another battle of the bands:

Garbage versus Weezer.

Guest Anglesault

Weezer. I know someone who knows someone who knows/knew them. Closest I'll ever get to celebrity,