TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest kingkamala

Worst concert you've ever been to

Guest kingkamala

I'd have to say the worst concert I've been to was a radio station concert two years ago. About 75% of the audience got free tickets, which means nobody was really excited. It was about 30-40 minutes between sets and each band got 15 minutes. Worst of all the best act was SOUL DECISION! Soul Decision was the only act with any kind of stage presence.

Other highlights

the world's premier twin Jewish rock duo Evan and Jaron doing a cover of AC/DC's You Shook Me All Night Long to the collective groan of the audience.

the boos during Samantha Mumba's set

The crowd sitting on their hands during all the C-Grade Boy bands sets.

Guest kingkamala

Just to state this before anyone asks any questions. I went to the concert because at the time I was a big fan of the headliner *gulp* Third Eye Blind. The concert had already gone 4 and 1/2 hours by the time Third Eye Blind got on stage so I decided to leave half way through their set(Before they played any of their hits).

Guest RedJed
TOOL @ The Xcel Center

Three Doors Down 02' @ Pavillion

I saw Tool a few times, and IMO they are a horrible live band. Right up there with some of the worst shows I've been to live.

One that takes the cake off the top of my head was a show at Target Center a few years ago, RHCP and Foo Fighters............both bands came off shitty live to say the least. Especially with the Chili Peppers, everyone guitar sounded out of tune, everything was just fucked up.

Korn at Target Center last summer was the shits too, I had free backstage and just sat in the sound area to watch.......two songs in, I left. Glad I didn't throw any money down or else I would have been pissed. I was mostly there to see Puddle of Mudd anyway.

Oh yeah how could I forget when ICP came to Duluth as well? Tied with the RHCP show as the worst ever.

Korn @ Target Center sucked.

I went with my girlfriend and her slut of a friend because it was her birthday and i would of come across as a "asshole" if i didn't. I left her friend without a ride and jetted out of here.

I can't wait to see AIC/Audioslave @ Target Center Jed!

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Worst show was some local pop-punk/emo show. A bunch of shitty emo acts that tried to act badass. I threw one of those fucks into a wall, denting the wall, after he made fun of a friend of mine because she was having a minor seizure due to dehydration. I then left.

...oh, and Mudvayne is just about the worst live act ever.

Guest Choken One

Aerosmith at Riverbend last fall. Mud Wars were the only redeeming factor...and I was glad to see DMC before Jay died...

Guest RedJed

Oh god, I cannt even imagine how awful Mudvayne was, ugh

Yeah I've already got my tixs to Lollapalooza at Target Center (July 6th I think?).........I cant wait.

Guest snuffbox
...oh, and Mudvayne is just about the worst live act ever.

Did you see them after theyve become 'famous' or before, on their way up?

I saw them back in the day and they were virginal tight on stage. :headbang:

Guest snuffbox

The worst thing to happen to me at a concert was missing my favorite band(Relative Ash)'s last show ever due to dicksergeants at Lincoln Towing in Chicago. :angry:

Worst show was probably Stereomud/Endo/Flybanger. It was a radio special and only 1$ so I dont really complain. But Endo and Flybanger were both good. Stereomud was the headliner, which sucked because they were the worst band with the most time. I hate that. But it was two good bands and two good pits for only a dollar.

Guest redbaron51

i don't know if this is target center fucking up there sound system, or what, but I've seen Tool three times, and all the times it was better and better.

Its the same with Mudvayne, they were actually half decent.

Worst:

Anger Management Tour.

Project Wyze (when three guitarists fucks up on the same part on a simple song...you suck).

Almost all of the 2001 ozzfest bands

Guest RedJed
i don't know if this is target center fucking up there sound system, or what, but I've seen Tool three times, and all the times it was better and better.

Its the same with Mudvayne, they were actually half decent.

Worst:

Anger Management Tour.

Project Wyze (when three guitarists fucks up on the same part on a simple song...you suck).

Almost all of the 2001 ozzfest bands

Hmm Anger Management..........I thought Eminem was pure shit, missed Xzibit, oh yeah Papa Roach........ugh! I've had the displeasure of seeing them on a bill of three festival-esque shows like this. Horrid.

Limp Bizkit......believe it or not, I liked them. Everytime I've seen Bizkit live, I haven't had many complaints.

Guest Lethargic

I went to see Motley Crue, Megadeth and Anthrax. I REALLY wanted to see Anthrax. They're one of my favorite bands. Of course Anthrax left the tour before it got here. Megadeth I didn't really want to see. I used to like them back in the day, but times have not been good to them. They really sucked. Then Motley Crue came on, one of my favorites of all time, been a fan for 15 years or so and they were terrible. Except for the drummer. It was when they were touring with the chick drummer. That chick was really good I thought. But the show was just you know...old and fat. They only played for an hour with no encore. Last time I saw them they were awesome, this time was....well, old and fat.

Guest Nanks

Pearl Jam, believe it or not, they played like 3 of their hits and afterwards we reeled off a list of about 15 songs that should simply not be left off, their poorly thought through anti-war rhetoric was annoying too. Someone said POD was shit earlier, I'm surprised, I'd have thought Sonny would be really energetic on stage...

Guest Lethargic
Pearl Jam, believe it or not, they played like 3 of their hits and afterwards we reeled off a list of about 15 songs that should simply not be left off, their poorly thought through anti-war rhetoric was annoying too. Someone said POD was shit earlier, I'm surprised, I'd have thought Sonny would be really energetic on stage...

Who could be energetic while POD music is playing?

Guest Spaceman Spiff

What did they play, and what did you want instead?