TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shawn

An out of character promo

Guest Shawn

An Out Of Character, But Still In Character Promo (Yup.)

- What that means is this is my e-fed character out of his TV persona. Now do you get it? Yeah... I hope you like ...or just not be offended in some way.

Shawn Brody and Tom Flesher are walking together down one of the many halls at this crazy Aussie arena. They’re in their street clothes, carrying gym bags with their gear most likely inside them. Their conversation is caught on sound as they stroll down the hall.

Flesher: “...but why did you let that jag pin you? I know you hate that fucker and I can’t blame you or anyone else who has shared a locker room with him.”

Brody: “I don’t hate him, he’s just annoying as [h-e-l-l ...#### filter] sometimes... and so what I gave him the rub, I mean, he needs all the momentum going into that match with Kay...”

Flesher: “Yeah but c’mon, man. You let him pin you. He’s what, the second guy to get the duke over you since you’ve been here?”

Brody: “You know my history pretty well... I thought I had fans.”

Flesher: “Don’t flatter yourself, I just got bored and watched the show after my dark matches.”

Brody: “Sure... so am I your idol?”

Flesher: “Is the Pope Jewish?”

Brody: “Kidding. Anyways, are you ready for tonight?”

Flesher: “Yeah, but are you? You’ve got a pretty packed night tonight.”

Brody: “Tell me about it, but it’s for the better. Tonight will be a night for the Fallen Angel...oh and you too if you wanna right my coat tales.”

Flesher: “Shove it.”

Brody: “You know I’m kidding and in a short while, I’ll be the one riding your success. Good thing I invested early on.”

Flesher: “Lets just hope Edwin doesn’t job me like Mike (Van Siclen).”

The two chuckle a bit and continue.

Brody: “You’ve got to give me some credit on that too. Somebody’s gotta pin him. It’s funny, I don’t know about Siclen. He has the skills to be one of the top guys around but he just doesn’t push it in those big matches.”

Flesher: “Give him time. That’s what most of us guys on the low end of the cards need. Even I know that... as mush as you tell me.”

Brody: “Yeah I do say it a lot but it’s true and after that time, I can see you at the top of this League, off course I’ll be in the Mayors by then but hey...”

Flesher: “Sure you will with the roster so thin in the WF. But you see me at the top... as World Champ maybe?”

Brody: “Possibly, yeah. I do see you with gold around that waist soon.”

Flesher: “Really? What do you mean? With Erek hogging up the Euro title and you with the...oh... Are you?”

Brody: “It’s not entirely up to me but I do have some say in what’s going on. After ‘the bump’, I’m getting pushed pretty high I hear as one of ‘the heel guys’ and that means at least a Euro shot. Erek will be bumped or headed straight for the World title and what leaves me with the possibility of having both titles.”

Flesher: “It sounds a little dreamy but when you think about it, it makes sense. Hey, you know your Clannie friends have a good change of going to the WF and leaving you behind.”

Brody: “Yeah. I’ve been planning on it.”

Flesher: “What?”

Brody: “You know me. Nothing against them, they’re great in the ring and good people but I don’t hang around with them much and if I’m alone I can use my time out of the Clannie shadow to develop and be recognized.”

Flesher: “I see.”

Brody: “Anyways, back to the title situation. I don’t plan to hog up the titles and your first in line for when I pass the TV title on...”

Flesher: “Aw really? That’s touching.”

Brody: “Bah. I do love the belt though and I KNOW that you’ll will only elevate it.”

Flesher: “Of course, but this might very well never happen.”

Brody: “Here’s to hoping. I think Edwin would like the idea though. It works well and as long as I have the Euro, I’m happy. I think the TV title is just what you need as that little push that really gets you started. I can just see you annoying the #### out of everyone on the mic about it...”

Flesher: “I can too...”

Flesher laughs as they reach the Clan locker room. Brody pushes open the door and hits the lights. He’s the first one there.

Brody: “Wanna come in? The guys... well guy and girl aren’t here and probably won’t be for a few hours. We are pretty early.”

Flesher thinks about it for a second.

Brody: “Well you could just go and hang out in the main locker room with the others...”

Flesher rolls his eyes at the thought and comes in side.

Brody: “I’m just dropping my bags off before I go and get a bite to eat. I sprung for a Rent-A-Car ever since I pooled with Low Brass.”

Flesher: “Arite, but are we going to Bojangles again?”

They drop their stuff of and leave.

Brody: “Of course.”

Flesher: “That’s getting old.”

“Jingle.”

Brody: “But I have the keys... and I said I’d meet up with Melissa there to talk a few things over before the match.”

Flesher sighs.

Flesher: “Arite.”

Brody: “Don’t worry about your stuff, I’ll lock up. We wouldn’t want anyone stealing your body glitter.”

Flesher: “Heh... So is Annie really a...”

We fade out as the two grapplers head back down the hall in the cooky Australian oval. What architecture?

Guest Shawn

So what did you guys think? This is basically me rambling about stuff in the League with Flesher (he okayed it so ya know, Crusen).

This is how my character looks at things and his point of view. I hope you guys enjoyed it and no offense ment to Erek. I don't really care about him pinning me, he just picks MVS over me everytime. Oh and just poking fun at a good guy to work with, VanSiclen31.

Comments, people, comments...

It wasn't bad. More talking than walking thou. What ever happend to Ben Hardy? I never see hi in promos any more? Whats up with that!?

Guest ErekT2k

Brody, you suck. :(

#### you to Clannie H-e-l-l. I hate you, you hurt my feelings! Pfft, I told you, I root for the underdog because I know that you're going to be writing a kick ass match in like 4 hrs and MVS will be still going "huh".

Dude, you should know that of all people, I think that MVS is the cockiest. Good thing I shut him up a long time ago.....

Guest Zero_Cool

Hrm, if I've learned anything from watching WCW in 2000, it's that quasi-shoot promos suck ass. :(

I would suggest that this doesn't become a major part of promos, due to the fact that this could just turn promos into being nothing but shoots.  

Shooting = ???

Guest Ace309

Well, there goes the "Superior One goes home and Brody finds an autographed photo of Roddy Piper in his bedroom" promo I've been writing.

Tom crumples the sheet of paper and chucks it over his shoulder.

Ah well. Back to the drawing board.

Guest Shawn

Erek,

That's why I ribb on him too. It's just, YOU PICKED HIM OVER ME... MANY TIMES. (/Caplock Filter Test) ...and depite my victorious victories, you continue to do so! Haven't I earned your respect as a fellow JLer?!??! Haven't I already proven myself before?!?!? I'd go heel if I wasn't already...

Those predictions are all I've got, man! Now lets all pick 'Shawn Brody' to win his matches, okay? Okay...

Guest Shawn

Oh and this isn't like Russo coming out and rambling. (His shoot on Hogan was gold! ) This is just giving the guys an incite on how my character is and that way he thinks about things. If this were a televised fed, I wouldn't put this on the air because it's aimed at the other gym bag-toting grapplers. If anything it would be closer to Beyond the Mat than a real shoot (that's an oxymoron) promo.

Just wondering, Munich (right?). Did you read the promo or just the title of the topic? ?:|

::Shawn raises a curious brow::

Guest ErekT2k
YOU PICKED HIM OVER ME... MANY TIMES. (/Caplock Filter Test) ...and depite my victorious victories, you continue to do so!

You picked me to lose alot of times too but you don't see me whining? Do you? :angry:

And I have deep respect for you because obviously, you will be a icon of the SJL pretty soon. So shaddup already! And btw, victorious victories is a big boo-boo. It should be "many" or "countless".

Guest Shawn

I might pick you to lose but that's when you're booked against K-Os and the like.

As I hope you know, I'm just kidding around...

...and what do you have against my victorious victories?! I'll have you know that ALL of my victories were VERY victorious! ...I'd say many but a have a grand total of five. Sure that's not bad when I've been here for all most two months but everyone else has at least ten wins where as I've only had seven matches. Heh... at least I can brag win percentage!

Ohh....

Guest CED Ordonez

Only 7 matches, Shawn? I've been in 6 matches and today marks a full month I've been here. But then again I've only got a 66.6 win percentage and I don't have a strap around my waist.

*Faarooq mode on* #### *Faarooq mode off*...Accursed swear filter

Guest Shawn

I still don't see the point behind filtering <heck> and <darn> when fuck and shit are okay...

I've keeping track of my history and yeah, I've had seven matches (eight counting my little dark match). I do remember seeing you in a "newbie match" shortly after I joined.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Ahem!  Back to the actual PROMO...

I liked it, Tommy Boy.  Though, uh, I have no idea what you're talking about with all this 'booking' and 'heel' stuff.  It's all real!  Reeeeal!

Cool experiment.  I always like it when people try out new ideas.

Guest Shawn

TENNIS IS FAKE!!!

Did anyone see that sign? It was when the Open pushed RAW back an hour or two and someone had that in the first row. There was a thread about signs on one of the boards... can't remember though.

Guest Zero_Cool

Brody:  Oh no, I read the promo.  I just get the idea that when someone posts a promo, or an IC or OOC rambling with other wrestlers, it would kinda be like a vignette that comes out of nowhere, kinda like when you'd see some silly Goldust vignette on Superstars like five-six years ago.

It's just a misunderstanding, I suppose..

Guest Shawn

Oh. Well what did you think? Was it "one of those OOC promos..." or did you like it? Just wondering... I'm not planning on doing another one of these either way unless something calls for it. This just was a special occasion.

Sign in to follow this