TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bravesfan

The Official TSM Mock Draft Thread.

Guest bravesfan
Kelly Washington????????

Bah, that pick would've been criticized, no matter WHO it was (based on who was left).

I was thinking of selecting a top linebacker (Boss Bailey from Georgia, or E.J. Henderson from Maryland), but decided against it. Their wide receiving corps needs help badly, and I don't think Arizona will stay at the #6 pick, given their situation (unless Andre Johnson and Charlie Rogers drop later into the draft.)

Guest Vern Gagne

What about Dwayne Robertson or Jimmy Kennedy?

If anyone wants to make me offer for pick #9. I'm willing to listen. The offer to Flyboy is still on the table, if he ever shows up.

Guest Vern Gagne

Due to me not being on the computer before my 12 hours are up. I'll have to keep my pick.

With the 9th pick in the 2003 Mock Draft. The Minnesota Vikings select Jimmy Kennedy, DT Penn St.

Guest bravesfan

With the 10th pick in the "TSM Mock Draft", imajackoff, representing the Baltimore Ravens, is now ON THE CLOCK....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated TSM Mock Draft Results

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Cincinnati Bengals - Terence Newman (CB) - Kansas State University

2. Detroit Lions - Charles Rogers (WR) - Michigan State University

3. Houston Texans - Andre Johnson (WR) - University of Miami

4. Chicago Bears - Byron Leftwich (QB) - Marshall University

5. Dallas Cowboys - Terrell Suggs (DE) - Arizona State University

6. Arizona Cardinals - Kelley Washington (WR) - University of Tennessee

7. Minnesota Vikings - Carson Palmer (QB) - University of Southern California

8. Jacksonville Jaguars - Marcus Trufant (CB) - Washington State University

9. Minnesota Vikings - Jimmy Kennedy (DT) Penn State University

Still to draft....

10. Baltimore Ravens - imajackoff?

11. Seattle Seahawks - DawnBTVS

12. St. Louis Rams - phoenixrising

13. New York Jets - EL DANDY~!

14. New England Patriots- Kingpk

15. San Diego Chargers - Kahran Ramsus

16. Kansas City Chiefs - RobEDangerously

17. New Orleans Saints - Flyboy

18. New Orleans Saints - Flyboy

19. New England Patriots - Kingpk

20. Denver Broncos - Canadian Chris

21. Cleveland Browns - Redhawk

22. New York Jets - molestomp

23. Buffalo Bills - bps21

24. Indianapolis Colts - Verne Gagne

25. New York Giants - D'Lo White

26. San Francisco 49ers - bravesfan

27. Pittsburgh Steelers - Tyler McClelland

28. Tennessee Titans - VanSiclen31

29. Green Bay Packers - Kahran Ramsus

30. Phildelphia Eagles - thepinjockey

31. Oakland Raiders - MarvinisaLunatic

32. Oakland Raiders - MarvinisaLunatic

Guest bravesfan

PICTURE_jkennedy.gif

Jimmy Kennedy

Defensive Tackle | (6-4, 322, 5.2) | Penn State University

Notes: Showed up weighing more than 400 pounds in 1998 and redshirted. Got in reasonable shape a year later and played in every game, starting six of the last seven. Started every game in 2000 and '01. Coaches' All-Big Ten selection and media's second-team All-Conference pick in '02. Had 33 tackles, six tackles for loss and one sack in '99; 42-9-6 in 2000; and 51-8-11 in '01, when he saved the day against Ohio State by blocking a potential game-winning field goal. Started 13-of-13 games in '02, making 87-16-5½ and breaking up three passes.

Positives: Has rare size and good football intelligence. Is quick off the ball, reads and reacts quickly and neutralizes blockers. Has good foot quickness and agility to move down the line of scrimmage for an in-line tackle. Also has a short burst to the ball and quarterback. Good character, worker and good balance. Is big and strong and can two-gap and dominate. Has a quick get-off and is hard to block. Fights through traffic and is seldom on the ground. Has a good spin move and motor. Has not missed a game, is productive and athletic. Has good feet for a 300-pounder and has a good feel for the ball. Can hold his own against the double-team when he keeps his pads low. Loves the weight room.

Negatives: Not explosive or sudden adjusting to the cutback in space. Gets too high at times. Consistency and focus are concerns. Wears down if his weight is not in control. Can improve his pass-rush skills and his ability to collapse the pocket with an edge rush. May be a two-down player. Makes too many plays on his own side of the ball. Has up-and-down games where he is great on one play and nonexistent the next. Can improve his technique, learn to use his hands better and must keep his weight under control. Average change-of-direction and rush technique. Can be hot and cold. Needs to improve consistency of pad level and intensity and do a better job of using his hands to shed blockers and rush the quarterback.

Summary: Kennedy can be a legitimate two-gap lineman and is likely a top-five pick after coming back for a fifth year, unless teams become more concerned with his fluctuating weight.

Guest imajackoff?

There seems to be some rumblings in the Raven's Mock War Room. A selection should come very shortly.

Guest imajackoff?

With the 10th pick in the TSM Mock Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select Jordan Gross OT, Utah.

gross.jpg

With Palmer and Leftwich being the only QB's worthy of the 10th pick of the draft already gone, the Ravens will address another problem spot: The right side of the O-line.

Gross will start at RT and bookend the Ravens O-line with All Pro Jon Ogden holding down the LT spot. Gross also has the capacity to play guard, which would come in handy if off season aquisition Orlando "Zeus" Brown surprises all and returns to the NFL after a 2 yr layoff without missing a beat.

The second round is when we'll get out QB. Ragone or Simms would be nice.

Jordan Gross

OT | (6-4, 300, 5.02) | UTAH

By Pro Football Weekly

Notes: High school basketball, football and track letterman and a black belt in tae kwon do. Played in nine games and started the last three as a freshman in 1999. Started every game in 2000 and '01. Played right and left tackle and right and left guard during that period. Sat out most of last spring to rest his hand but did not have surgery. Started all 11 games at left tackle last season, when he was named a Football Writers' Association All-American and an Outland Trophy finalist. Married to childhood sweetheart he's known since he was 12. Helped himself by fully participating at the Combine and moving exceptionally well.

Positives: Very fluid and makes it look easy. Light on his feet, never gives ground and has top athleticism and body control. Exceptional athletic ability and use of hands. Patient and poised. Never gets flustered. Versatile blocker who can play tackle or guard, right or left, and has a lot of upside. Very good initial quickness. Can scoot and wheel block. Wheels hips and finishes. Explosive. Jars and knocks back defenders. Very good feet. Keeps low pad level, gets position and sustains blocks. Redirects and finishes. Bends knees and moves feet. Good hand placement. Slides and mirrors. Hard worker and leader. Plays hard and dominates. Very good student. Very, very smart and intelligent. Big and thick without much fat. Good person who is down to earth. Has inner strength and is highly competitive. Good initial quickness and mobility and understands blocking angles. Gets good fits, adjusts well on the second level and rarely blows an assignment. Has good lateral-slide agility. Will dominate in the running and passing games.

Negatives: Lacks great size, feet and explosion. Has not been tested often and has not faced top-flight competition. Some teams feel that he could be heavier and that he's light in the backside. Can improve as a run blocker.

Summary: The best left tackle in the draft. Gary Zimmerman-type player who might do best at right tackle or guard, but has the athleticism and attitude to be a very special player.

Guest DawnBTVS

*Bravesfan walks up to the podium with card in hand*

Bravesfan: With the 11th pick in the 2004 NFL Draft, the Seattle Seahawks select DT Dewayne Robertson out of Kentucky.

Dewayne Robertson

DT | (6-1, 317, 4.86) | KENTUCKY

By Pro Football Weekly

Notes: Started 11-of-11 games in 2000 and recorded 40 tackles, including 13 tackles for loss, three sacks and an interception. Started nine games in '01, when he was slowed by injuries the entire year. Missed two games with a knee sprain and also had ankle problems. Finished with 26-4-1. Was named second-team All-Southeastern Conference in '02 with 48 tackles and five sacks. Decided to forgo senior season and enter the draft.

Positives: Is a very quick and powerful player with good size. Has the ability to dominate and isn't easy to block. Has a strong lower body and is built well overall. Knows the game and what to expect in certain situations. Has a wide frame and gets off the ball quickly. Pass-rush skills have developed. Likes to jump the gap and get upfield, and although he doesn't always make the play in the backfield, he disrupts regularly.

Negatives: Doesn't hand-fight as well as he could and struggles to shed taller, more physical blockers. Plays better when he's on the move but has trouble when he has to stop and start.

Summary: Robertson didn't have a great junior year but has a lot to like for a young defensive tackle. Expect him to be a first-round pick because of his power, speed, size and potential.

Guest Kingpk

I'm gonna wait a few more picks, if my current target is gone in the next two picks, then we'll talk.

About four more hours before the Rams' pick goes up for grabs. I'll throw E.J. Henderson out there as someone to use for that pick if the person picking for the Rams doesn't show up.

Guest Vern Gagne

Maybe we should be a little more lenient since it is Easter tomorrow.People might not be able get to the computer.

Maybe we should be a little more lenient since it is Easter tomorrow.People might not be able get to the computer.

God damnit screw them...who represents us Athiests? :lol:

Guest Flyboy
Flyboy. A trade proposal

#10. for #17. and #18. or #17. and a player on the Saints. Say Charles Grant or Darren Howard.

Sorry.

I've been away all week...

Anyhow... no deal.

Guest Choken One

Fuck THE Easter Bunny and jesus

However, if you wish to observe national 4/20 Day...Then I believe we can make a few exceptions

Guest Flyboy

It wasn't about Easter.

I spent a night over my uncle's and we played NFL 2K3 and NCAA Football 2003.

Dummy.

Guest Vern Gagne
Fuck THE Easter Bunny and jesus

Don't say Fuck you to Jesus. His old man will send a rabid Easter Bunny after you.

Hey don't you guys think that if the Bengals don't take Palmer, that someone will jump up to get the #3 pick from the Texans to get him? I heard Casserly would love to trade to get more picks.

Guest Flyboy
Hey don't you guys think that if the Bengals don't take Palmer, that someone will jump up to get the #3 pick from the Texans to get him? I heard Casserly would love to trade to get more picks.

No.

The Texans have too much faith in Carr. Plus, all they are going to do is draft a WR (most likely Andre Johnson) to get a good QB-WR relationship and sees how that works out.

Guest phoenixrising

Sorry about the delay guys, my comp crashed Friday night and I couldn't get to a computer throughout the weekend. Rams pick will follow shortly.

Guest phoenixrising

With the 12th pick of the 2003 NFL Draft, the Rams select Andre Woolfolk, cornerback, Oklahoma.

I think the Rams can go three ways with this pick. Either they'll take the best corner available, get a middle linebacker, or possibly if Martz gets his way draft a QB. I decided against drafting a QB because of the Warner/Bulger situation, and the Rams might pick one up in the late rounds. As for middle linebacker, I think they can snag one in the second or third rounds. So I went with talent and took Woolfolk. St. Louis could use some depth at corner now that Bly is in Detroit and McCleon got released. Enter Woolfolk, who can play at the nickel slot, learn from Aeneas Williams, and take over the starting spot when Williams retires.

Yikes I hope this ends before the actual draft on Saturday. I'm guessing we're only doing one round.

I'll play Mel Kiper for a moment and say the Jets will be looking at linebackers E.J. Henderson and Boss Bailey and maybe o-line depth with tackle Kwame Harris.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic
Dennis Weathersby in critical condition

Author special to TFY - BynersInsiders.com

April 21, 2003 at 9:54am ET

In a potentially tragic turn of events, the face of the drafts first round was shaped last night in a drive by shooting involving cornerback Dennis Weathersby.

Former Oregon State All American Dennis Weathersby is in critical condition after he was shot three times in the back by suspected gang members on Sunday, police said.

A potential first-round National Football League draft pick, this will obviously effect his future.

Weathersby was apparently getting into his car parked on Merridian Avenue at Citrus View Avenue when several alleged gang members in a white SUV drove up and its occupants opened fire, Williams said.

"There has been in that area particularly a lot of shootings over the past year or two that have been between rival gangs,' Williams said. "So, the potential is high that that is a factor.'

All-American and Pacific-10 selection, Weathersby was only the fourth player to ever be named to the All-Academic team four times. After a solid career at Oregon State Weathersby had improved his draft status after surprisingly turning in a pair of forties under the 4.4 barrier during February's combine

Guest Vern Gagne

Espn is know reporting that Weathersby wounds don't appear to be life threatening. No word on his play career though.

Why not when the 1st round is over let anyone who wants to just pick a teams 2nd round pick.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

eek, hope nobody was planning on him.

Anyway, while I understand that they needed a reciever, Kelly Washington won't be picked untill like the bottom 10 of the first round. I'd probably take Taylor Jacobs ahead of him actually.