TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Redhawk

So you've got the RAW book for one month

Guest Redhawk

You've seen the commercial where the CEO leaves the company in the hands of his son "Skip" while he's going on medical leave?

Okay, suppose for some reason Vince McMahon was leaving for a while. He puts his son Shane in charge of RAW, who just happens to be a friend of yours. Shane knows you love wrestling and have a lot of opinions, so he puts you in charge as the show's head writer until his dad comes back. Your tenure starts right now (whenever you read this) and ends right after the next RAW PPV (Judgment Day in May, I think) goes off the air.

What do you do? First, some ground rules...

1) You cannot fire anyone.

2) You cannot change anyone's gimmick.

3) You can turn people heel and face, but you can't turn then back.

4) You cannot have anyone change shows (RAW --> Smackdown and vice versa).

Also, Shane assures you that when you leave, no one will come in and "wipe the slate clean" of your ideas. Basically, the way you leave RAW is how it's going to be for a while.

Guest JDMattitudeV1

The main problem with Raw at the moment is that there are a lot of matches to which there is no point to. Every segment, every match, every interview should have a purpose.

Feud 1

Triple H vs Booker T

I would not book the rematch for next weeks Raw, but rather slowly build to a match at Judgement Day.

Raw 1: I'd conduct a sit down interview with Booker T, talking about his past, and through his tough life on the streets, he dreamed of being the Heavyweight Champion of the World, and accomplishing it in WCW being the proudest moment of his life. But now without the title he feels as though a part of him is missing, and that seeing HHH with the belt makes him sick, and he will do anything to get it back.

Backlash: HHH scores a controversial victory over Booker T in the 6-man Tag, and pushes the belt into Booker’s face, screaming at how the belt will never be his.

Raw 2: The next night Booker T arrives and goes berserk, He takes out all of HHH's allies in the back before storming to the ring and calling out HHH. HHH responds and a bawl results, ending with HHH being Book Ended through the announce table.

Raw 3: Ric Flair comes out at the start of the show challenging Booker to match, which he accepts. The match begins and HHH runs in, brutally attacking Booker T with a SledgeHammer, as the announcers sell the evilness of The Game.

Raw 4: Bischoff announces at the start of the show that Booker T is not there and is in a hospital recovering from the injuries suffered. He says that the feud has gone too far and will end at Judgement Day, when the title is decided once and for all. Later HHH says that we have only seen a small percentage of what he will do to win the title.

Raw 5: HHH takes on Goldust in a warm up match in the main event when Booker returns and a brawl with HHH erupts. Bischoff sends out a ton of wrestlers from the locker room to break up the fight to protect his PPV main event.

Judgement Day: Booker wins clean with the Bookend. (A man can dream can't he?). The final shot as the PPV goes off air is Booker raising the belt as HHH lies unconscious on the mat.

I'll post more later.

Guest saturnmark4life

I dunno WHEN exactly to give booker the title, but I think they should do the Jericho finish on raw to keep him as a credible contender first, cos if he wins it then, HHH has another 'excuse' to go over on ppv again. It's a fucking mess, I dunno.

Guest MaxPower27

Only for a month? Need more time to truly change things. Things can't just change overnight, this isn't EWR.

Guest Aero

RAW

At Backlash, during the Six-Man Tag, it's a pretty even match. More than once, however, Jericho screws up and has miscommunications with his partner, HHH. Near the end, Jericho and HHH get into an argument. After a ref bump, Jericho grabs a chair and looks to hit Booker T, but Booker SLIGHTLY moves, and Jericho hits HHH. Booker hits the Bookend/Axe Kick to score the win over HHH.

The next night, at the start of RAW, HHH confronts Jericho about the chairshot and says that he thinks Jericho did it on purpose. HHH gloats in Jericho's face about how he's better than him, and how he's beaten him on several occasions, particuarly Wrestlemania X8 and the HIAC at Judgment Day. Jericho attacks him, but Flair interferes in the fight. HHH manages to escape unscathed, but Flair suffers a beatdown and is put into the Walls until referees break it up. The fans aren't quite sure how to react, but for the most part, they're cheering a newly turned face, Jericho. During the night, Jericho demands a match against HHH for later, but Bischoff claims that HHH is still hurt from Backlash. Ric Flair enters and gets into an argument. Finally, a main event of Ric Flair vs. Jericho is signed. Also during the night, Booker T wants a Title shot from HHH (assuming that next week's RAW's Booker-HHH match doesn't take place). Booker puts up the facts that he pinned HHH before Backlash and at the PPV itself, but, again, Bischoff claims that HHH can't compete. When Booker T comes out for an in-ring interview later, HHH interrupts and again tells Booker that he's not in his league, similar to the build to Wrestlemania. A brawl insues, and HHH totally decimates Booker and bloodies him with the belt. In the main event, Jericho cleanly beats Flair. HHH, who's ringside, is about to enter the ring to confront Jericho, but Booker T, runs back out, still with bloodstains and bandages. He attacks HHH inside, and Jericho helps with the beatdown. Booker grabs a chair and is just about to due the champion in, when Jericho steals it from behind and nails Booker. HHH gets up, and Jericho nails him, as well, as RAW goes off the air.

Next week, Jericho kicks off RAW and confirms that he is still in-fact a heel, by running down the crowd, Booker T, and the city. However, one person he hates more than Booker T is HHH, and is demanding a title shot, tonight. Booker T comes out and claims that he deserves a title shot more. Bischoff interjects and says that that isn't possible, because a main event is already signed for tonight. It'll be HHH & Flair vs. Jericho & Booker T in a No DQ tag team match. Based on the fact that both men want a title shot, which-ever man puts on the best performance tonight will receive the title shot at Judgment Day. In the main event, each man does their best, busting out tables, ladders, and chairs. Booker even goes up top and does the Harlem Hangover to HHH. Flair prevents a pinfall. Later, Jericho locks HHH in the walls. HHH uses his hands to try and break it. He pushes off the mat, so his head and chest are in the air, but Jericho still has the Walls in. Suddenly, Booker comes off the ropes and hits the Axe Kick DURING the Walls. As Booker takes out Flair, HHH is KOed, so the referee calls for the bell and declares Booker & Jericho the winners.

Next week, Jericho claims he should get the title shot since he had the Walls in, and that's what did HHH in. Booker claims he should get the shot because he KOed HHH with the Axe Kick before he could reach for the ropes. (HHH hasn't arrived by storyline, yet, BTW). Bischoff claims that both men make great cases, so at Judgment Day, it'll be a Triple Threat match.

I don't want to go into too much more detail, because I would just want that story to be started. However, at Judgment Day, Booker T will pin HHH to win the Title. From there, have Booker feud with Jericho leading up to the first RAW only PPV, Badd Blood isn't it? Jericho will claim that he wasn't pinned at Judgment Day, and he can beat Booker T. Maybe even have Jericho take out HBK for good on a random RAW, but I'm going too far, now aren't I?

As for the rest of the RAW main eventers, (Goldberg, Rock, Nash, Kane, RVD, Steiner), it's obvious on who can't feud with who. I think that Rock will be gone by Judgment Day, anyway, so scratch him. Have Goldberg continue his "unstoppable" run, and maybe have him face either RVD or Kane. I look at it this way. If Goldberg beats Rock (which he probably will) at Backlash, then he will probably be very over as a face. Depends on how he's built next week, I guess. I don't think RVD & Kane can hold onto this team any longer. They should hint a break-up, but stay together. Maybe when a credible team gets to the level of getting the belts, have them win them following an RVD screw-up. Have Kane get in RVD's face, but then SWERVE, have RVD turn on Kane and beat him with a chair. Then, just have Goldberg and RVD have an old-fashioned running into each other-no respect type exchange. Goldberg's got to face someone, and I'd take RVD over any of the other big men on RAW.

Guest papacita

Eh...I've got an hour or so to kill.

Backlash stuff:

Goldberg Vs. The Rock: I'll go through with all of the Rock Concert B.S. Next week's Raw, Rock does his thing, Goldberg comes out to ruin it, but is attacked by Christian. Christian gets his ass whooped by Goldberg in the battle, but distracts him long enough for the Rock to bust the guitar over his head. Goldberg goes down and is carted out with a concussion. Before he's put into the ambulance, Christian shows up, mocks him and attacks him. Maybe he could spraypaint his head or something...I dunno, but the end result is Christian humiliates Goldberg when he's injured.

All week long, there's question as to whether or not Goldberg will be able to compete due to the concussion. Sometime early in the PPV, he arrives. Lillian Garcia tries to interview him but he shoves her down, and the camera follows Goldberg through the hallways, stopping at Chris Jericho's dressing room. He tries to get in, but it's locked, so he knocks it down, revealing Jericho and Christian sitting down drinking sodas (because sodas rule!). He tosses Jericho through a nearby table and proceeds to beat the hell outta Christian. He's ushered out of the room by officials, but not before busting Christian open.

So now it's match time. Rocky and Goldberg. Goldberg's not 100%, so he tries to end it quickly with a spear/jackhammer combo, but Rock bails and attempts to leave. Goldberg gives chase, catches Rock in the aisle and beats the hell outta him. He brings Rock back down to ringside, but during the melee on the outside, he attempts a spear, Rock sidesteps him and he runs headfirst into the post. Rock then takes control of the match, exploiting the head injury with DDTs and such, until Goldberg attempts his babyface comeback (MAYYYYBE by kicking out of the Rock Bottom to make him look strong). He then whips Rock from pillar to post...REF BUMP, SPEAR and JACKHAMMER, but there's NO ONE TO COUNT! Seizing the opportunity, here comes Christian with a chair, but Goldberg spears him. He prepares another Jackhammer, when, out of nowhere, Chris Jericho appears and nails him with a big chairshot. Christian gets back up...we get a conchairto to Goldberg...they leave, Rock teases a People's Elbow, but instead goes for an arrogant cover for the win.

May:

Rock won, he's beat em all, and he's going back to Hollywood now. Bye!

Jericho explains why he cost Goldberg the match. On the surface, the broken door/dressing room attack was his motivation, but it's about SO MUCH MORE! We get backstory of the Goldberg/Jericho situation in WCW and how Goldberg tried to hold him back...keep him from reaching icon status, but since 98 things have changed. Now Jericho is the King of the World and Goldberg's a nothing. Now Jericho's the one with the stroke and the power, and now he's gonna ruin Goldberg's WWE run before it can even get off the ground (or something like that. I'm writing on the fly here, lol). At this point, Goldberg (who wasn't scheduled to appear due to the injury), shows up...bandaged head and all. He immediately charges the ring and spears Jericho. Officials try and hold him back, but he attacks them. Christian comes out, Goldberg spears him, but Jericho uses the distraction to give him a mic shot of doom to the head, KO'ing him. Christian then picks up Goldberg's limp body, allowing Jericho to give him a stiff looking kick to the head (a la Bret Hart). Goldberg gets carted off again.

The next week, Jericho shows up with a restraining order against that hothead Goldberg (not to protect himself from Goldberg, but to protect Goldberg from him). He realizes a flaw, though, as Bischoff has signed a #1 contendership battle royal for later in the evening (ah...who cares if it's been done), and Goldberg has already been entered as a participant, so Jericho's unable to enter.

Goldberg eventually wins the battle royal, and Jericho protests his being the #1 contender, because Goldberg's "green" and he's never beaten him (have him mention the winning streak). After a brief debate, Goldberg decides not to take the title shot at Judgment Day, but only if Jericho agrees to face him. Jericho will only face him if he agrees to put his #1 contendership spot on the line. Goldberg agrees, and we've got a match.

Judgment Day: Goldberg Vs Jericho: Wild ass brawl. Basically Goldberg mauling Jericho for a while, then Jericho coming back after a few headshots. Goldberg comes back in the end, hits the Spear/Jackhammer combo over and over again, pulling Jericho up from the cover each time. He then locks Jericho in the walls...Chris taps and Goldberg wins...but refuses to release the hold after the match. He keeps the hold locked on until the ref pulls a WMXIV and reverses the decision, making Jericho the #1 contender. Goldberg then snaps, spears and Jackhammers the ref then puts the Walls on Jericho again, until officials are finally able to pull him off. In the end, Jericho is carted out on a stretcher.

So after all this, we've got Jericho as #1 contender for the World Title, but he's on the DL due to Goldberg's actions after the match, and is out for an undetermined amount of time.

Aftermath: Goldberg ends up taking Jericho's spot in a match against HHH at Badd Blood, and wins the title. However, the next night, Jericho ruins Goldberg's acceptance speech, citing that Goldberg's never beaten him and he's not only the #1 contender, but the uncrowned Champion. This leads to a Gimmick Match at SummerSlam between Jericho and Goldberg, in which Jericho extends his winning streak with a pinfall win over Goldberg. I see the feud continuing after that.

That's about it. B-)

Guest Polish_Rifle

I would use Sunday Night Heat to its maximum potential of bringing in new viewers to Raw. With that said, I would put the following people on Heat every week:

HHH

Nash

Steiner

Morley

along with the usual suspects of Snow, Dreamer, Mack, Spike.

Then, I would make a concerted effort to establish a tag team division with the following teams:

Hurricane/Jeff

3MW

Nowinski/Maven

Snow/Storm

Dudleys

etc...

I would also have the King commentate on Heat and bring Regal and Coach to be the Raw announce team, with Lita at ringside for every match simply for my viewing pleasure.

Guest papacita

One more...I'd bring back the I-C Title too. No real tournament or anything...I'd just have Hurricane challenge HHH to a title match on Raw, and when HHH tells him he's not in his league and doesn't deserve a World Title shot, he says he wants the I-C Title to bring back the prestige, the history...yada yada, HHH falls victim to the Hurri-Powers, bitch!

Guest ViciousFish
What do you do? First, some ground rules...

1) You cannot fire anyone.

But you sure can bury them. Imagine if you will, 3 HHH matches a night. Losing everyone to people like Rodney Mack, Al Snow and Maven. Hell, bring back the Brawler to beat HHH's ass. B-) Guilty pleasure is all that dream is.

1) at Backlash 'd have Kevin Nash turn on HBK and Booker, and at the same time have Jericho try to stop them saying "thats enough", followed by a HHH, Nash, Flair beatdown on Jericho. This completes a double turn in which Nash would become heel and with his buddy HHH, and Jericho turn into a face with the potential to be the top star in the company.

2) I'd have the Rock beat Goldberg by DQ or something at Backlash and have him start a feud with HBK. I for one would love to see a Rock vs. HBK feud. I'd have the Rock go over at the next PPV and proclaim himself as the "Legend Killer" The Rock.

3) I'd seperate Kane and RVD as a tag team and have RVD built up as a upper card/main event threat. The guy is too over not to be at the top of cards. At the same time i would turn Kane heel and turn him into the more dark, tortured soul Kane with it. This would make him a monster again and maybe even be a threat for the World Title.

4) I'd bring back the U.S. Title so the midcarders and uppercarders can feud for it and have meaning in their rivalries.

5) I'd take guys not doing anything right now and pair them as tag teams. For example...........Maven/Snow, Hurricane/Hardy, Nowinski/Morely, Storm/Christian

6) I'd set certain guys as main event talent and they would be.....HHH, Booker T, RVD, Goldberg, The Rock, Kevin Nash, Chris Jericho.

Guest Imarkout4chrisdaniels

I'll guess that I have four Raw shows, four Heat shows, and the Raw side of Backlash as well as the Raw only PPV in June. Here goes:

Raw 1

Opening Montage, Bischoff's picture has been replaced by Shane

As the camera pans the crowd, the viewers hear Josh Matthews' voice, as he is filling in for the still-fired JR. Matthews lets everyone know that Shane McMahon was placed in charge of Raw to bring up the ratings. Matthews promises a word from Shane later.

*Stone Cold's music hits*

Stone Cold comes out and poses on the stage. SCSA grabs a mic and says that Shane asked him to come back to Raw, but he simply can't go in the ring. At this point in his life, he wants to ensure that he will be able to walk when he is older, so he can't wrestle. Shane is a man that he likes a lot more than his father, and he considered his request. And he figured that the fans would at least want to see Stone Cold in some fashion, so he thought he'd help announce for a week and see how that goes. He promises Raw is going to be more exciting than it has been in months.

First match sees Hurricane face Lance Storm. Matthews brings up Hurricane pinning The Rock and then Ric Flair within the last month. SCSA and Matthews talk about Shane meeting with the talent earlier in the day and stating there would be a bonus for the wrestler who put on the best match each show. Match is back and forth for close to 10 minutes when Storm reverses the Eye of the Hurricane into a cradle for the pin.

Rock is shown in the back with his guitar as he tells Terri that tonight's concert is going to be bigger than Woodstock. Christian calls Rock's cell phone and Rock tells Terri the phone call is private and get to stepping.

RVD and Kane face 3MW w/ Rico. Titles are not on the line because Dudleyz are signed to wrestle for the titles at the PPV. RVD tags Kane in before any wrestling starts because both Rosey and Jamal are asking for Kane. 3MW take control after lots of double teaming and isolate Kane. RVD attempts to come in several times but is denied by the ref, or the tag is cut off by 3MW. Rico is bumped off the apron by an Irish whip to Rosey, and Kane desperately tries to tag RVD. Kanes makes the tag as Rosey and Jamal backpedal as RVD is fresh. RVD turns and spinkicks Kane off the apron as 3MW shrug and leave the ring. Kane lays on the outside as Van Dam points to his self and hops to the top rope, and hits the 5 Star to THE OUTSIDE. Van Dam walks to the back as he looks at Kane in disgust.

HHH goes into Nash's dressing room in the back.

Shawn Michaels is walking in the back when Jericho comes from nowhere with the Sweet Chin Music, and he and Flair start to pick HBK apart.

Test vs. Scott Steiner sees Test become increasingly jealous of Stacy's actions, and Steiner flirting with Stacy, inviting her to become his latest freak. Stacy slaps Steiner, which causes him to snap. Test attacks him, but Steiner rips him apart and throws him around. Steiner wins with a belly to belly overhead to Test who was on the top rope. Steiner continues to assault Test after the match.

"Here Comes the Money" as Shane makes his way to the ring. Shane talks about the low ratings, the constant signing of older stars, and how wrestling needs a kick to the ass. Shane says that anyone in the back that thinks there place in the pecking order is safe, don't rest on your laurels. Whoever shows they have the heart and desire, the ability, and connection with the fans, they have a chance to step up to the plate and hit a homerun. And if the established stars can't outperform them, they will be bumped down accordingly. Shane says that this is what he thinks is the beginning of an exciting time on Raw, where fans will again look forward to watching the show. He asks Eric Bischoff to come out, and says that from here on out, his camera time will not be needed. He will remain GM of Raw and have a say so in the show, but all things must be ran through Shane. Bischoff tries to talk Shane out of it, but Shane says it's his way or the highway. Shane announces that the PPV in June will be Raw only, and the World Title will be up for grabs for whoever deserves the shot, so the talent needs to impress him. Also for that PPV will see the first ever Raw brand TV Title, which will be defended every Monday and PPV. The main event for tonight is Jericho and Flair vs. any two of Booker T, HBK, or Kevin Nash.

Christopher Nowinski vs. Tommy Dreamer is next. Dreamer keeps Nowinski on his heels for most of the match until Nowinski cheats to gain an advantage. Nowinski gets out of the DVD and hits his finisher on Dreamer for the victory.

Jazz vs. Victoria vs. Ivory is next. Threeway dance. Jazz picks up the victory with a Fisherman's Buster on Ivory.

Kane is in the back looking for Van Dam, but gets jumped by the Dudleyz.

RVD is watching on a monitor, and Coach asks him why he did what he did earlier. Van Dam says he is above the Tag Titles since he is the best wrestler in the industry, and he is Rob.......Van.......Dam. RVD says Kane is holding him back, and trying to please the fans is holding him back. At the PPV, RVD will make sure his team loses the Titles so he can move on to better things.

Jericho and Flair talk about what combination they will face in the main event tonight. Jericho insults both Michaels and Booker T, but pleads his case for Nash to join their side.

Booker finds Michaels, who is recovering from the attack earlier. Booker says that they should represent their side tonight in the main event since they don't know if they can trust Nash. Michaels agrees and says that if they have to, they'll have to take out all four of them at the PPV.

The announcers talk about how they assume that Booker's title shot will have to wait until after the PPV due to Shane's announcement of tonight's main event earlier in the show. They show clips of the Goldberg/Rock confrontation from a couple of weeks ago as the ring is set up for the Rock Concert. Rock comes out and starts playing songs and making fun of Goldberg and the crowd. Goldberg's music interrupts as he comes out to the stage. Rock looks scared and looks around for the best way to run. Goldberg, however, eyes Austin at the announcer's table, and has some words for him. Austin remains seated and says he is retired from wrestling, and wants to keep it that way. "You better get that thick head of yours on straight and focus on that sumbitch in the ring." Goldberg turns around as Christian tried to hit him with a chair. Goldberg avoids it and spears Christian on the stage. He hops up, only to get hit by the Rock by his guitar. The guitar is busted open and reveals a steel plate inside the wood of the guitar. Goldberg is out as Rock talks trash and walks to the back.

Main event: HBK and Booker T against Jericho and Flair. HHH is at ringside and keeps interfering. Booker T hits Flair with the axe kick for the pin, but HHH and Jericho lay in the beating afterwards. Nash comes out to clear the ring, but the heels get out of the ring. HBK tries to help Booker up, but Booker thinks it is one of the heels and turns to punch him. Michaels ducks and hits Nash instead. Nash powerbombs Booker and he and Michaels stare at each other as the heels are on the ramp smiling. Show fades out.

This is what I would do for the first week. If you want to see what I would do with the remaining shows, I could start a topic in the Fantasy Booking folder.

Guest Imarkout4chrisdaniels

Oops, I meant the May PPV instead of the Raw-only June PPV. I will cover the Judgment Day PPV.

A month is nowhere near enough time to even begin to pull RAW out of the toilet it has flushed itself down.... hell, I don't even think a year would be enough time.