TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Redhawk

So you got the Smackdown book for a month (or 2)

Guest Redhawk

You've seen the commercial where the CEO leaves the company in the hands of his son "Skip" while he's going on medical leave?

Okay, suppose for some reason Vince McMahon was leaving for a while. He puts his buddy Johnny Ace in charge of Smackdown, who's son just happens be a friend of yours. Johnny knows you love wrestling and have a lot of opinions, so he puts you in charge as the show's head writer until Vince comes back. Your tenure starts right now (whenever you read this) and ends right after the next Smackdown PPV (In May or June, I'm not sure) goes off the air.

What do you do? First, some ground rules...

1) You cannot fire anyone.

2) You cannot change anyone's gimmick.

3) You can turn people heel and face, but you can't turn then back.

4) You cannot have anyone change shows (RAW --> Smackdown and vice versa).

Also, Johnny assures you that when you leave, no one will come in and "wipe the slate clean" of your ideas. Basically, the way you leave Smackdown is how it's going to be for a while.

Guest What?

1. Start Lesnar/Benoit feud: Have Benoit and Cena face each other again, then have Benoit go over clean. At Backlash, have them face in a Submission match for the WWE Title. Benoit wins. Lesnar then starts to turn heel by constantly attacking people, saying he was screwed. At the next PPV, Benoit and Lesnar face each other in an Iron Man match, where a tie occurs. The following PPV, Lesnar beats Benoit clean.

2. Turn Brian Kendrick heel, and let him take control over his character. Have him feud with Rey, who has since beaten Hardy in a three way dance also involving Kidman for the CW Title. At Backlash, Kendrick faces Rey in a ladder match for the Cruiserweight Title, where Kendrick gets the win. At the following PPV, Kendrick faces Noble and Rey in a three way dance, after Noble pins Kidman for the shot and Kendrick grants Rey another shot. Kendrick once again wins.

3. Angle returns in a non-wrestling role as the Leader of Team Angle. That's all. That alone would be awesome.

4. Los Guererros win the tag titles from Team Angle, and go on to hold the titles until the August PPV.

That's all

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Stuff to start with:

1) build the CW division. Knoble gets a big push, as well as Rey and Kendrick. Kidman turns heel, hopefully a personality follows. Fill in w/ Tajiri, Moore, Nunzio, Funaki. Basically, get the division established, because you'll need it w/ the split roster PPV's

2) Mattitude gets transitioned out of the CW division into the upper-card

3) Kanyon is back, and he gets a push, and no Jackie Gayda

4) O'Haire gets a push

5) FBI gets a mid-card push

6) Taker puts people over *clean* when needed (obviously, I don't need him jobbing clean to Funaki)

7) The following people appear only in backstage segments or on Velocity - Rikishi, Big Show, DeMott

8) no more women's or mixed-tag matches, or at least keep it to once/month, tops.

9) Rhyno gets a push

10) Benoit/Brock gets built up

11) conveniently "forget" to book matches/angles/segments for Nathan Jones. Every week.

Guest nikowwf

Feud Rhyno vs. Benoit face vs. face for #1 contender. Two matches, one at this ppv that goes to no contest, and one Benoit wins clean next month.

Have Brock cheat like a mofo in his match this month with Cena. Have Brock be increasingly agitated toward Benoit wanting to be #1 contender. Build toward Brock heel turn and Benoit being #1 contender. Overwhelming force Brock works better as heel.

Nobody the size of Rey Mysterio should be in the ring with a big slow bad worker ever. Keep cruisers in own division, and some work in tag division. Continue Rey/Matt feud and have Rey go over and then forget it and move Matt up to higher division. Have at least two cruiser matches on each show.

Groom Matt Hardy to be heel champion later in the year. Matt should NOT be jobbing unneccesarily.

Send Nathan Jones to OVW for a few years. Say he went back to prison. Ready made gimmick when he comes back.

Sable will NOT be a lesbian, rather she will be....well, she'll be on the show a lot less. I'd build toward one match with Torrie, and one match with Stephanie, and that's it. (Don't have a twister...im booking, segments will be short and not replace cruiserweight title matches)

Piper will groom O-Haire as his heir. They will do Piper's Pit together. Segment will always be short and focused.

Stephanie will be on the show but for less time each time, and in more of a support role. For example, Stephanie will be shown excited that Chris Benoit is going for the title. Stephanie will be happy about the great cruiserweight match that just happened. Stephanie will NOT be belittling and yelling at wrestlers.

Tag Titles will stay on Team Angle, with Los Guerreros chasing as well as a variety of cruiser teams.

Hulk Hogan will come back in a few months time to build to one time Piper match. Match will be positioned DOWN the card, NOT as main event. (Yes, we could say FIRE EVERY BIG GUY AND ONLY KEEP CRUISERS BUT IM TRYING TO BE REALISTIC)

For Smackdown only PPV's, id do at least one PPV that was a tournament, a TAG TOURNEY, or a CRUISERWEIGHT TOURNEY with one Heavyweight match on top. I think establishing a tourney as a PPV will be good for future shows....good time killer when you simply dont have a killer angle to do for a month.

thats it...requires more thought and detail obviously...

niko

Guest saturnmark4life

I cannot advocate turning brock heel, that's just ridiculous. As an 'unstoppable machine' he bombed. Now he's booked to look strong, but he sells for everyone as well, and the fans want to cheer him. I think a turn now would only damage his career. Down the line, definitely, but give him a decent run as face champ first.

Guest Super Pissed Smark

Day One. I tell Stephanie she looks beautiful today. I offer to get her coffee or doughnuts or something. I phone Vince and tell him that he's a genius and I couldn't respect him and all he's done for wrestling any more than I do. I implore him to return. The company needs him. This Johnny Ace guy doesn't know what he's doing and isn't getting along with the Undertaker at all. Then I hide from Johnny Ace.

Day Five. I tell Stephanie she looks great today. Did she change her hair? It really brings out her cheekbones. Bring her coffee, doughnuts, maybe even pie. Tell Vince he looks great after his vacation, I'm glad he's back. Present Vince with lengthy proposal on how to get Nathan Jones over the entire Smackdown roster (excluding Brock and Taker, of course) without ever actually having to wrestle. If this goes as well as I think I won't have to say anything to anyone for a few more days. Turn Benoit heel.

Day Eleven. I tell Stephanie the color of her outfit really makes her beautiful eyes jump out at you. Coffee, doughnuts, whatever she wants. Mention to Triple-H, real casual like, that I'm concerned Brock is getting too much of a push. It's going to his head and making the rest of the Smackdown roster look bad. Maybe we should do some stuff to make Brock look weaker, without actually putting anyone over him, of course. Could he have a word with Vince about that? If Hunter's eyes light up I figure I'm safe for the next month or so and reward myself by laying low for the next few days.

Day Sixteen. I tell Stephanie she looks incredible today. Has she lost weight? Simply stunning, Coffee, doughnuts, maybe I could get you some carrot cake? Propose to Vince a program whereby Albert and Big Show take the tag belts from Los Guerreros in a total squash, then drop them to Taker and Jones in a real slobberknocker where Jones gets knocked off the apron at the start of the match and spends the rest of the match crawling around on the floor, looking for his contacts. Propose Brock expands his gimmick by challenging Cena to a rap contest. Propose more airtime for the cruiserweights. On Velocity. Get Vince and Triple-H lunch. Turn Benoit face.

Day Seventeen. Apologize profusely to Vince for taking his idea yesterday about Brock rapping with Cena. It was his brilliant idea and I don't know what I was thinking. Tell Stephanie how great she looks in the sunlight at the end of the day.

Day Twenty-two. Tell Stephanie she looks fantastically superb in that great outfit she's wearing, whatever it is. How about an extra doughnut today? Update Vince on his great idea, Brock's new rap outfit is ready to go, he'll be wearing his new Hammer pants to the ring for the big PPV bout against Cena, to show all of our target demographic how down we are with the cutting edge. Mention to Triple-H how I wish we had him on the Smackdown side to finally give Lesnar someone strong to draw against. Before I go home for the day I take pity on Matt Hardy and explain to him why he's jobbing to Piper tomorrow night and promise him a win over Tajiri to get his heat back.

Day Twenty-four. Tell Stephanie she's positively glowing today. She must think the PPV last night went as well as I thought it did. Coffee and doughnuts all around! Congratulate Vince on the masterstroke of having Albert, disguised as a bridesmaid for the Cena-Sable wedding, run in and destroy Brock to close the show. Should be tremedous heat on that feud this week. Mention that I had this great idea for a new fortune teller gimmick for Nathan Jones where he knocks his opponents out with a crystal ball before the match even begins. "I predict... You Lose!" would be his great new catchphrase. Ask Vince if he likes his new idea as much as I do. Turn Benoit heel.

Day Twenty-nine. I make sure Stephanie understands that, even though I think she's incredible-looking, I respect her mind for the business more than anyone else, except for Vince, who is a genius. I do this in front of Vince. Ask about this Paul Heyman guy who's always bugging me and trying to convince me that Vince's ideas aren't what we should be doing. He's always yelling and belligerent about it and once called Vince washed-up and Stephanie fat. Does he still work here?

Day Thirty. Try to get Triple-H alone early in the day. Mention how great he was on RAW last night. Say, did he notice how Goldberg just doesn't seem to be getting the pops he did in WCW? Propose a solution to get some heat going by having Nash powerbomb Goldberg through an announce table, Shawn turn heel and superkick him through a plate glass window and HHH himself pedigree what's left of Goldberg through the roof of a limousine. Then a returning X-Pac would run in and pin him in a shocking swerve. Then keep Goldberg off of TV to sell the injury for a few weeks and really build heat by having the newly reunited clique bring back Gillberg, strip him naked and paddle his ass (in a non-gay way), counting each one as part of his new streak, while Bill can only watch from home. Then, as the feud mounts to a fever pitch, Goldberg reappears on TV to face Triple-H for the world title and avenge his injury on PPV. But we're not done building the heat yet, as Scott Hall runs out and tasers Goldberg, giving Triple-H the win. Imagine how hot the fans will be after that! If even that can't build heat for Goldberg, we could try putting him over Jericho. Mention that I'm enjoying writing Smackdown so much, but sometimes I wonder if I could contribute more to the company by being in charge of both shows. Offer him protein drink. Tell him how cut I think he looks. Turn Benoit face. Job him to Nathan Jones.

Sorry, venting. I feel better now.

Guest Goodear

1) Brock is now my Hulk Hogan... he wins all the time but takes beatings outside of the ring in order to develop feuds. That weakness will be key as far as getting guys like Cena heat on him. Continue to position the ribs as his weak point with everyone from Matt Hardy to Benoit going after him at that point on his body.

2) If the Guerrero's mantra is going to be "Lie, Cheat, and Steal" I'm going to have them do it in the ring all the time. Them playing strait faces isn't really working and an injection of playing lovable rudos would give them a lot more spark. Have them watch The Fabulous Ones to see how to cheat and get away with it with the fans.

3) Note for Chris Benoit matches a) German Suplexes are not a toy and b) Escaping the crossface once it's on is now a shootable offence.

4) Put some freaking clothes on A-Train

5) Tag Titles become my IC Belt... up and coming midcarders band together to go and get this thing. Team Angle shall be my Brainbusters... Teams come in and either a) TA barely escapes b) TA loses but gets the belts back in a month or three. Haas and Benjamin get more microphone time in order to get a little distance from Kurt to establish their own roles.

My stuff:

1)Have Chris Benoit turn on Brock Lesnar on a coming addition of Smackdown complete with a german suplex on the announce table. This will put Benoit in his NATURAL character as a heel and have him look like a serious threat to LEsnar's title at the next PPV.

2) Build up the cruiserweight division as something serious and show 2-3 cruiserweight matches ever week on Smackdown, each match gets 10-15 minutes. You got Mysterio, Knoble, Moore, Tajiri, Funaki, Kendrick, Holly, and Nunzio....thats 8 cruiserweights......good amount.

3) Bring back the IC title to Smackdown so guys like John Cena, Eddie Guerrero, Rhyno, Kanyon, Edge can feud over it.

4) Turn Los Guerreros heel, and Nathan Jones heel. Jones can turn on Taker and beat him at a PPV match to build him up.

5)Start pairing up guys who arent doing much into tag teams.......like, for instance, Tajiri/Funaki, FBI, A-Train/Big Show, Kanyon/Moore.....there just arent enough teams right now on Smackdown and this could free up guys like Eddie Guerrero, Rhyno, Team Angle for much needed singles competitors.

6) Take Matt Hardy out of the Cruiserweight division and build him up as a high mid carder. The guys too good right now not to compete with the heavies.

7) Have Roddy Piper play a heel mentor to a stable.....you can have Sean O' Haire, Rhyno, Kanyon, John Cena and maybe even Matt Hardy taken under his wing.

8) and finally....focus on wrestling, wrestling, wrestling.....kinda like the way Smackdown was a few months ago with the great matches. I know you have to have SOME entertainment as well, but the main ingredient has to be in ring action.

Guest Coffey
Day One. I tell Stephanie she looks beautiful today. I offer to get her coffee or doughnuts or something. I phone Vince and tell him that he's a genius and I couldn't respect him and all he's done for wrestling any more than I do. I implore him to return. The company needs him. This Johnny Ace guy doesn't know what he's doing and isn't getting along with the Undertaker at all. Then I hide from Johnny Ace.

Day Five. I tell Stephanie she looks great today. Did she change her hair? It really brings out her cheekbones. Bring her coffee, doughnuts, maybe even pie. Tell Vince he looks great after his vacation, I'm glad he's back. Present Vince with lengthy proposal on how to get Nathan Jones over the entire Smackdown roster (excluding Brock and Taker, of course) without ever actually having to wrestle. If this goes as well as I think I won't have to say anything to anyone for a few more days. Turn Benoit heel.

Day Eleven. I tell Stephanie the color of her outfit really makes her beautiful eyes jump out at you. Coffee, doughnuts, whatever she wants. Mention to Triple-H, real casual like, that I'm concerned Brock is getting too much of a push. It's going to his head and making the rest of the Smackdown roster look bad. Maybe we should do some stuff to make Brock look weaker, without actually putting anyone over him, of course. Could he have a word with Vince about that? If Hunter's eyes light up I figure I'm safe for the next month or so and reward myself by laying low for the next few days.

Day Sixteen. I tell Stephanie she looks incredible today. Has she lost weight? Simply stunning, Coffee, doughnuts, maybe I could get you some carrot cake? Propose to Vince a program whereby Albert and Big Show take the tag belts from Los Guerreros in a total squash, then drop them to Taker and Jones in a real slobberknocker where Jones gets knocked off the apron at the start of the match and spends the rest of the match crawling around on the floor, looking for his contacts. Propose Brock expands his gimmick by challenging Cena to a rap contest. Propose more airtime for the cruiserweights. On Velocity. Get Vince and Triple-H lunch. Turn Benoit face.

Day Seventeen. Apologize profusely to Vince for taking his idea yesterday about Brock rapping with Cena. It was his brilliant idea and I don't know what I was thinking. Tell Stephanie how great she looks in the sunlight at the end of the day.

Day Twenty-two. Tell Stephanie she looks fantastically superb in that great outfit she's wearing, whatever it is. How about an extra doughnut today? Update Vince on his great idea, Brock's new rap outfit is ready to go, he'll be wearing his new Hammer pants to the ring for the big PPV bout against Cena, to show all of our target demographic how down we are with the cutting edge. Mention to Triple-H how I wish we had him on the Smackdown side to finally give Lesnar someone strong to draw against. Before I go home for the day I take pity on Matt Hardy and explain to him why he's jobbing to Piper tomorrow night and promise him a win over Tajiri to get his heat back.

Day Twenty-four. Tell Stephanie she's positively glowing today. She must think the PPV last night went as well as I thought it did. Coffee and doughnuts all around! Congratulate Vince on the masterstroke of having Albert, disguised as a bridesmaid for the Cena-Sable wedding, run in and destroy Brock to close the show. Should be tremedous heat on that feud this week. Mention that I had this great idea for a new fortune teller gimmick for Nathan Jones where he knocks his opponents out with a crystal ball before the match even begins. "I predict... You Lose!" would be his great new catchphrase. Ask Vince if he likes his new idea as much as I do. Turn Benoit heel.

Day Twenty-nine. I make sure Stephanie understands that, even though I think she's incredible-looking, I respect her mind for the business more than anyone else, except for Vince, who is a genius. I do this in front of Vince. Ask about this Paul Heyman guy who's always bugging me and trying to convince me that Vince's ideas aren't what we should be doing. He's always yelling and belligerent about it and once called Vince washed-up and Stephanie fat. Does he still work here?

Day Thirty. Try to get Triple-H alone early in the day. Mention how great he was on RAW last night. Say, did he notice how Goldberg just doesn't seem to be getting the pops he did in WCW? Propose a solution to get some heat going by having Nash powerbomb Goldberg through an announce table, Shawn turn heel and superkick him through a plate glass window and HHH himself pedigree what's left of Goldberg through the roof of a limousine. Then a returning X-Pac would run in and pin him in a shocking swerve. Then keep Goldberg off of TV to sell the injury for a few weeks and really build heat by having the newly reunited clique bring back Gillberg, strip him naked and paddle his ass (in a non-gay way), counting each one as part of his new streak, while Bill can only watch from home. Then, as the feud mounts to a fever pitch, Goldberg reappears on TV to face Triple-H for the world title and avenge his injury on PPV. But we're not done building the heat yet, as Scott Hall runs out and tasers Goldberg, giving Triple-H the win. Imagine how hot the fans will be after that! If even that can't build heat for Goldberg, we could try putting him over Jericho. Mention that I'm enjoying writing Smackdown so much, but sometimes I wonder if I could contribute more to the company by being in charge of both shows. Offer him protein drink. Tell him how cut I think he looks. Turn Benoit face. Job him to Nathan Jones.

Sorry, venting. I feel better now.

Damn, I'm disappointed. I thought you were setting Triple H up so that you could take his woman. That's the second time I've fallen for that. :(

Guest geniusMoment

First thing I do is change the music and entrance. I am sick of big viewing walls, I want something simple yet professional looking, like the old nitro set.