TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Grand Slam

Graphics graphics graphics!!!

Guest Grand Slam

Here are some graphics I made for the SWF. Included is the prototype T-Shirt my wife put together. It is pretty close to looking like it will actually look, and so far the price looks good (more on that later). I also have some logos for PPVs done and banners for all the other champs. They are all there right now, I just don;t have time to link them yet. Let me know what you think.

Graphics!

Guest CED Ordonez

Copy the shortcuts and paste them into your address bar.

I really feel the Smarkdown logo is the nicest of the bunch. Bonus points for adding random Japanese characters to the back (For the record, I can only identify the first character as "ra")

Storm comes in second place with the neon effects. I dig the text in the Lockdown logo, but if feels like something is missing when I look at it.

I think the SWF shirt logo is good so far. Just a little more rounding of the "Raising our workrate..." text and I think you've got it.

Guest TheBostonStrangler

I like Mark's Smarkdown banner. It's really cool. I prefer Atlas' banners for Lockdown and Storm, although I'd like to see the SWF logo added into them, as it was a nice touch in Grand Slam's banners. Very nice.

Guest Tod deKindes

Bitchin stuff. But whatever happened to customized avatars (as opposed to sig banners) for specific champions?

On the other hand, Atlas' belt banner is an awesome idea.

I think all of those look rather nifty.

Mark, as far as the addy goes, I have a domain I bought some time ago if you guys want to use it. Thugg told me to go ahead and grab it so I did. It's theswf.net

Guest HVilleThugg

How's v2.0 coming along??

Have you started yet?

Da "bet he hasn't" H

Guest Grand Slam

I like Atlas' and Z's Lockdown. When I get home, I'll try another using some of those ideas.

As far as the shirt goes, this is just the prototype. I am working with my Wife to make sure the text there is rounded. In addition the "Smartmarks Wrestling Federation" text will be solid and not just the outline. According to the woman at work, the outline looks pretty cool on paper but unreadable when embroidered.

The address is one that we are actually working on acquiring from thesmartmarks.com that they will host for free. Dames is working on it for us, and as soon as it is ready to go, he will let me know. We can still use theswf.net as long as you own it as a mirror site, so if thesmartmarks.com goes down (which, as we all know, never happens) there will still be a site we can direct people to, along with Thugg's, which I think will also be a mirror.

So here is a link to a page with all the graphics on it. A little easier to navigate...

Graphics Graphics Graphics!!!

Guest HVilleThugg

Well, actually Mark...once we have the new domain, I'm gonna pull down swf.theleafnode.org to make way for other projects I have lined up. Now, as far as which domain to use...Johnny has already purchased theswf.net, so we have that. I'm not sure if already bought the server space yet, but the reason behind needing that is that it offers Cold Fusion, which is what he's going to use to develop the web interface for updating. Unfortunately, thesmartmarks server doesn't offer this, at least I don't think they do. So, unless JOhnny goes a different way with themiddleware programming, we're going to have to use his site as our main site. In the meantime, I'd like to get the space Dames spoke about, so at least we can start updating what we already have more regularly. Once JOhnny is ready, we'll redirect the site here to his site, so we'll have both thesmartmarks and theswf.net.

Da "that's my understanding as of this time" H

PS - Maybe I should talk to Dames about what he's offering and talk to JOhnny about what he's doing. Just so I can make some sense out of this mess.

Guest Grand Slam

I'll drop a note to Dames to get in touch with you when he knows anything. One way or the other, I don't think we should pass up the chance to have something at swf.thesmartmarks.com.

And as far as swf.theleafnode.org goes, it is your server man, and we have been leeching off of it for a while now. I am still interested in doing graphics (obviously) and being the CC liason to the site (I think we need one), but I think we have seen about how far my website skills go... I happily put it in the hands of others, as long as it gets done and we have access to update if that person gets too busy.

Now, this is all pretty OT and probably should be discussed at the website thread, but I wanted to address some things here since Thugg (well, and me) brought it up.

The point is, at least from my point of view, it is awfully nice to be discussing which server should and will host the site and who will be keeping it up instead of lamenting the fact we have no site.

So I end with this...

Johnny, Thugg, Atlas and ummm.... whoever.... keep me in the loop on the website thing. I don't have to be involved everywhere, nor do I want to be, but I think a PM now and then just so I can coordinate things would be pretty cool.

Yes, Thugg is basically right on the server deal... however, I could place a opening page that mirrors the V2 site on swf.thesmartmarks.com, and automatically redricets them when they enter the site.

As far as being able to update, I am making it so anyone with the proper credentials can update the site... through the site. All articles can be directly submited by their author and posted, shows, cards, whatever you need.

And if any of you have any questions for me, feel free to ask.

Guest Grand Slam

Added a few things and all of the pictures work. Let me know what you think of the new and improved Strom and Lockdown logos.